Has Anyone Ever Promoted Ardan?

thanibomb

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could have an all around capped Marty in FE5 if you are persistent enough with savestat RNG abuse. Not that I think anyone will ever do it.. I hate RNG abuse in FE4.

With hacking the game you could turn anyone into gods, so it doesn't really say much about the guy. Though in the hack I'm currently playing (and so are several other I think) he's pretty much the same but mounted so semi-usefull.

Has anyone tried making the enemy only classes like hunters, pirates, and soldiers playable. How complete are they?

Hey Nanna, were you responding to me? I couldn't really tell, I thought you were, but, I really didn't get what you were trying to tell me with that quote of Mekkahs.

Yes, I was responding to you. What I meant is...you can't really count a character who has 98% chance in failing as anything but bad right?

Ardan isn't the only one with poor movement. Aideen, Lana, Claude, and Corple all have movement 5 even after promotion.

But at least they are useful. I agree that Adan's problem is his stats, and the fact that you have enough physical fighters without counting him.

Seriously even Marty and Machis could kick his butt. I tried everything to make him good but he was still subpar.

Weapon triangle comes in action against Marty, and Arden actually has skill(when compared to this opponent, anyway), Marty does not.

Could have an all around capped Marty in FE5 if you are persistent enough with savestat RNG abuse. Not that I think anyone will ever do it.. I hate RNG abuse in FE4.

Even if you are persistent to train him, Marty's growths are terrible.

Weapon triangle comes in action against Marty, and Arden actually has skill(when compared to this opponent, anyway), Marty does not.

Even if you are persistent to train him, Marty's growths are terrible.

Marty's build and defense are very high, enough to make him useful for capturing and rescuing.

Marty's build and defense are very high, enough to make him useful for capturing and rescuing.

You also would had to have actual skill, too, which Marty does not.

I don't have him capture directly, I have him take the enemy of the capturer's hand and he's still good at rescuing.

Yes, but there are so many better options when it comes to actually capture someone and rescuing an ally, that Marty's just left out.

nope, when he loses most weapon advantages after chapter 2. he is 99.9% useless and difficult to train.

there really is no true combat general in this game..

as for marty-

marty gets 5 skill and 6 spd upon promotion which averages from fea do not include.

Edited by Eclipse

Take a closer look. FEA definitely includes Marty's promotion gains.

With the right scrolls and some patience, Marty can become a pretty beastly character... in theory anyway. The problem is his zero base skill and speed. He isn't much of a fighter until after promoting even with scrolls.

mistaken... sorry.

anyway the major promotion gains make up for the atrocious bases.

Not much, as it is a huge pain to up him to level 10, and promoting him at that point would not be good.

So the trouble of upping him to level 20, when somebody(anyone) better than him more worth of being leveled are not, is not worth it.

Scrolls don't disappear after use so you can pass them between characters this allows you to abuse them to your hearts content. Even without Scrolls Marty has a very high hp, defense, and build growth even without scrolls, he's not going to be killing alot but he's certainly can be useful. Unlike Adan he has decent move so he can be where the action is.

Edited by Delsait

exactly!

but when I said that before, I get "that dosent count because giving him odo and sety is favoutism and abuse" even if it makes him amazing.

He ties with trewd and othin for best hp (90) and I think has the greatest def (40) and has great luck as well. build usually maxes before promotion so all that is left is str. spd , and skl.

str starts at 9, so is almost halfway there; with several small str boost (baldo maybe)

spd gets 6 as promoion gain, and with sety he will surely max that.

skl get 5 for promtion gain and with odo he will max that.

yea it is favortism, but you get a very good unit.

yea it is favortism, but you get a very good unit.

But it's still not guaranteed, as Marty's growths will raise from bad to mediocre.

But it's still not guaranteed, as Marty's growths will raise from bad to mediocre.

If you are lucky, you can get a good Marty. But even then, there are alot of better units you can use, IMO.

If you are lucky, you can get a good Marty. But even then, there are alot of better units you can use, IMO.

Heck, Shanam has better chances than him.

j/k, but a Swordmaster having 35% growth advantage against a AxeFighter/Warrior is just screwed up.

Edited by Skasha

I know, but the better units (othin, carrion, fin, sap, ect) do not really need the scrolls.

marty-

with odo- 40 skl growth.

with sety- 45 spd growth.

if you start him with that then he will most likely max both of those.

Even with the Odo and Sety scrolls, Marty is only looking at ~8 skill and ~9 speed before promotion. That's assuming you give them to him at level 1 and keep them on him at all times which seems a bit unrealistic. Even then, there are characters who are doing better without scrolls.

I'll admit, Marty can be a pretty impressive character. I scroll abused him the last time I played. It was pretty fun too, because his HP and defense were so high that I could send him into almost any situation without having to worry about him. Marty just isn't worth it when trying to play efficiently.

It's not unlike giving Arden all of your rings to make him a good character.

Edited by Musashi