Has Anyone Ever Promoted Ardan?

thanibomb

I promoted him once through abuse. You don't really need a castle guard in first generation when you play that way, though. You can just put Levin next to Evans once he's promoted and that's about the only time something came close to the base castle.

He's a bit more fun to use in Binary since he gains a horse, has Big Shield as an innate skill and can use all 4 weapons from the start. The only drawback of his new promotion class is that he loses bows. He can also triangle attack with Noish and Alec.

As for the Hero Axe, I leave it to Lex mostly because Lachesis has Pursuit as a Masterknight, which means she can double ( sometimes... ) with the Silver Axe.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've promoted him, and he was actually really good. I gave him a Silver Lance, Silver Axe, Slim Sword, Steel Bow, Speed Ring, Pursuit Ring, and Leg Ring, and he was really good!

The problem is all the junk you have to give Arden to make him good. Giving those same items to other characters would probably produce even better results.

I've promoted him, and he was actually really good. I gave him a Silver Lance, Silver Axe, Slim Sword, Steel Bow, Speed Ring, Pursuit Ring, and Leg Ring, and he was really good!

I give Lachesis Silver Lance, Silver Bow, Silver Axe (not sure of this one), and Silver Blade and she was AWESOME. I doubt even your Ardan could ever beat that with all of his stat boosting rings.

I know. That doesn't mean that Ardan wasn't good though.

Let me quote Mekkah's post here, since I agree with him in this one.

You can't say he 100% fails but he sure as hell makes it to 98%.
98% chance in failing is pretty BAD IMO. >.> Edited by Nanna

He's easier to train than some other characters in FE5, like Marty.(I'm not even taking up the weapontriangle in consideration)

He's easier to train than some other characters in FE5, like Marty.(I'm not even taking up the weapontriangle in consideration)

All FE4 characters are easier to train than FE5 characters, lolbossabuse.

All FE4 characters are easier to train than FE5 characters, lolbossabuse.

lolscrollabuse and you also have bosses and mini bosses, as well as a manual that helps low leveled units to level up faster.

lolscrollabuse and you also have bosses and mini bosses, as well as a manual that helps low leveled units to level up faster.

Scroll abuse, yes. But boss abuse................bosses in FE5 is generaly more dangerous than in FE4, IMO.

Scroll abuse, yes. But boss abuse................bosses in FE5 is generaly more dangerous than in FE4, IMO.

Scroll abusing you THIEF so he can have BUILD so he can steal the bosses weapons more easily is there for a reason.

Scroll abusing you THIEF so he can have BUILD so he can steal the bosses weapons more easily is there for a reason.

Now, I usually go with Arena abusing option instead. So I don't boss abuse in FE5. :(

Now, I usually go with Arena abusing option instead. So I don't boss abuse in FE5. :(

There's also that. And FE5 Arena is way easier to manipulate.

So here's the deal: FE4 Worst 1stGen Char, with kinda harder abusing conditions(no scrolls and not as easy to manipulate arena) is still easier to train than FE5 Worst Char(Marty)

FE4 Arena is the easiest Arena to manipulate actually...

So here's the deal: FE4 Worst 1stGen Char, with kinda harder abusing conditions(no scrolls and not as easy to manipulate arena) is still easier to train than FE5 Worst Char(Marty)

lolMarty, the guy is totally unfortunate for being that suck in FE5 out of all FEs.

Edited by Nanna

FE4 Arena is the easiet Arena to manipulate actually...

Nope, in FE5 all you have to do is Savestate, get in there, see if you like the results of the battle, keep it. If not load state, and when you get to decide wheter or not get in the battle, say no, try it again, repeat until you like it.

Nope, in FE5 all you have to do is Savestate, get in there, see if you like the results of the battle, keep it. If not load state, and when you get to decide wheter or not get in the battle, say no, try it again, repeat until you like it.

With all the dying option there, I prefer to kill off Adan just to see if I can win this time. ._.

FE4 Arena is the easiest Arena to manipulate actually...

lolMarty, the guy is totally unfortunate for being that suck in FE5 out of all FEs.

FE4 Arena is the easiest to manipulate. And since you don't lose any money to enter, you can abuse it as much as you want.

And what would you expect from a guy that has 0 Speed and 0 Skill and bad growths in those areas? Maxing out Build in level 7 or something doesn't help him much.

Sorry, I prefer to avoid using save states for cheating. I want FE5 to be a challenge.

Could have an all around capped Marty in FE5 if you are persistent enough with savestat RNG abuse. Not that I think anyone will ever do it.. I hate RNG abuse in FE4.

Has anyone ever tried hacking the game. I wonder if you could put Adan in a class where he'd actually serve some use.

With hacking the game you could turn anyone into gods, so it doesn't really say much about the guy. Though in the hack I'm currently playing (and so are several other I think) he's pretty much the same but mounted so semi-usefull.