Pet peeves of Shadow Dragon

What are you some of your minor annoyances about Shadow Dragon. Here's mine

*Nerfing of my favorite characters(Hardain, Alan, Lawrence, Dolph)

*Lack of unique character palettes. Sure they have hair but Jeigan's armor is not purple.

*lack of support or info conversations.

*Lack of book 2

*uninteresting new characters with little lines and poor stats.

*Marth sprite doesn't change like it did in the snes game(the fire Emblem was visible on his battle sprites once it was obtained).

*All weapons look identical in battle animations.

Edited by Delsait

Hardin is still high tier, and his strength is still very adequate. Learn to look at base stats and not just growths alone, you'll see that his strength average is still good.

Dolph is considered a decent character, mostly hurt by his jointime than anything.

Technically Lorenz and Alan weren't nerfed, they simply weren't given a necessary buff to scale with the new stat caps better.

EDIT: I just checked stats and growth rates between all three games. Hardin did not get nerfed at all, not even a tiny bit. You're obviously smoking something.

Edited by FE3 Player

My biggest problem with Shadow Dragon is the huge lack of character development and support conversations. You would think by the second remake of this game they would finally give characters like Bord, Cord, Raddy, Tomas, etc. a line or two(death quotes don't count). We still know absolutely nothing about some of the characters, and they may as well not even be there. This was the result of pure lazyness on IS's part, and it was very disappointing.

Edited by Narshen

Technically Lorenz and Alan weren't nerfed, they simply weren't given a necessary buff to scale with the new stat caps better.
Alan starts 9 levels higher with the same bases, more or less.

Well, the only difference I see that making is that Alan would probably go to Low tier, Samson would probably stay where he is, more or less, although he would SLIGHTLY edge out Astram [like that's hard to do anyway]

I say Caesar and Vyland rocketing up several tiers and actually being practical this go round more than cancels that out, since all Alan/Samson/Gordin did was go from suck to suck.

Doesn't try at all to distinguish between units within one army - as far as lines and portraits goes, the two Knights you get from the prison are the same, and Ogma's and Hardin's mini-army aren't inspiring either. Then consider how reclass decreases their difference even more...

Stupid animations.

Lack of avo. I don't want <10 hit rates like in FE6 but this is just ridiculous.

Low enemy density. Sure, it's a nice break on H5, but it makes NM the most boring thing ever.

As I'm going along, I dislike how generic the plot seems to be right now. Hell, some of the dialogue that develops story is all 'blah blah blah' by one guy. That kind of somewhat generic plot gets a little old after a while.

I also dislike how some of the characters get no development at all. I wonder what's so difficult about putting support conversations into a game where having a name is the only thing keeping some characters from being completely generic...

Radiant Dawn doesn't have a small cast either and manages fine with info conversations in between chapters and at least some form of support convo's.