Astrid Solo

Grace

Yes, I'm considering an Astrid solo. Strange, but sounding quite possible. One character I went to solo with. Ilyana would be the first pick, but she has major trouble in 4-E-5. Deals 6 damage to Ashera herself with White Pool bonus, Rexbolt and capped magic. Also, cannot double auras or Ashera. Just a few things:

1. I must use Astrid whenever possible. Doubtful that she'll do much in 2-3, but other than that, I must continue using her only.

2. All stat-boosters must be used on Astrid.

3. When Astrid is absent, the chapter must be beaten as efficiently as possible. Max BEXP and any useful item got.

4. Normal mode only.

Anyway, all that considered, I'm just thinking about 4-E-5, the only chapter that should present some problems. Maybe.

Astrid at capped strength (33), capped speed (35), 2 Blood Tide bonuses (+10 strength), a White Pool bonus (+5 speed), a heron to allow another attack, with the Double Bow (22 Mt, +3 strength) allows Astrid to double all auras twice. With an Atk of 68. The auras defense is 30.

Non-cover auras: 38 X 4 = 152. One-turned.

Cover auras: 28 X 4 = 112. Also one-turned.

Ashera herself, with 35 defense: 33 X 4 = 132. One-turned, but that doesn't help at all. Take out the heron, and you have: 33 X 2 = 66, which leaves 54 HP left, trigger mantle, heal her 40, 94 HP then, another 66 off, leaves 28 HP, mantle heals, 68 HP, take another 66, which leaves 2, so Ike can finish Ashera off. I'm assuming those spirits won't be annoying.

I can't think of any other issues with this. But, I'll be putting Astrid in Tibarn's team in Part 4, so Astrid gets ridiculous Exp in 4-5. That should make it easy.

Anything I should know, or should be worried about (Not 2-3)?

Plagiarism!

There is a really good saying to counter that, but I won't say a thing.

Will you be using Blossom on her? It'll make capping stats much easier.

Probably, seeing as how she's one of the only ones who can use Paragon + Blossom.

Otherwise, it sounds easier than my Mist solo since the Double Bow rocks. Good luck.

It does, but in 4-E-5, I'll probably be running into the same problems, with the spirits and all.

Good luck with that. The hardest part is getting her to be awesome and since she can't counter direct attacks until she promotes, she's probably not going to go solo for a couple of chapters.

Edited by KSFF2150

Good luck with that. The hardest part is getting her to be awesome and since she can't counter direct attacks until she promotes, she's probably not going to go solo for a couple of chapters.

I know, but letting her get as many kills as possible in 2-3 will make sure she's on her way.

Hmm you have your work cut out for you...i used Astrid last playthrough and she has difficulty doubling...use all your speedwings on her (atleast 2) and you might be able to swing that..

actually a good chapter to build her is 3-9 believe it or not

Hmm you have your work cut out for you...i used Astrid last playthrough and she has difficulty doubling...use all your speedwings on her (atleast 2) and you might be able to swing that..

Or just reset when using BEXP. That also works. (I might do that.)

actually a good chapter to build her is 3-9 believe it or not

Not suprising, really, seeing as how it's the next chapter you have the whole time to use her.

Or just reset when using BEXP. That also works. (I might do that.)

Not suprising, really, seeing as how it's the next chapter you have the whole time to use her.

i dont like resetting for stats, that weak sauce lol, i always take what im dished out...BEXP is the only way to really ensure decent promotion anyway unless youre really daring

Come back after you do a Meg solo.

Let's compare for a moment. Astrid has 3 or something chapters before part 4, Meg has 9 before part 4. Meg has greater availability. And, can easily boss abuse in 1-4 if the tigers stand next to a Healing Jar, and you give her a Wind Edge. also placing someone between them who has loads of vulneraries. *coughSothecough* Problem solved. If you really wanted, you could have Meg midway through second tier before finishing part 1. Astrid has more problems in her starting chapter.

So yes, Meg is easier then Astrid. Like many people have said.