• FE4 Geneology of the Holy War
    • FE5 Thracia 776
    • FE6 Sword of Seals
    • FE7 Blazing Sword
    • FE8 Sacred Stones
    • FE9 Path of Radiance
    • FE10 Radiant Dawn
    • FE11 Shadow Dragon

Which is the best FE for teaching a newbie how to play? I tried to get my dad to play PoR last night because that's the game that got me into FE, but I'm wondering what you think.

FE4 was my first, and really, the villagers teach you as you play if you pay attention :/

I foresee a lot of votes for FE7 simply because it was the first in English :[ I voted FE3, as it's Fire Emblem. It really can't get any more simple than that.

I should have voted Gaiden.

Nah, FEGaiden's RNG is fucking evil. Moreso than Thracia's.

Beginners should go after FE4, the maps are huge yes, and they might get lots of subs due to not knowing the lover system, but it's easy after all.

I say FE7/9. I voted 7 for Lyn's mode, which is basically a tutorial, something FE9 doesn't have. But, FE9 was a close second because I personally think hard mode is easier than FE8's easy mode. Also, as FE8 is also incredibly easy, I did not did that because I feel it is best for beginners to learn what classes they like best in FE7 so they can choose between class changes easier.

@Legault: FE6 may have a tutorial, but the game it also pretty difficult and may turn beginners off. Also, FE ROMs, unless you are a fan already, may bore the player because they have to sit in front of a monitor the entire time (I am only speaking though personal experience, though, so this is merely conjecture). That is, unless they have EZflash. :3

@Levin: FE11 had a tutorial? I had no idea. I guess I would now have to say FE11/7/8. Not only because of the tutorial, but normal mode is incredibly easy, and if the player wishes for a harder difficulty, it is easier to ease into them.

Edited by Lakche

Nah, FEGaiden's RNG is fucking evil. Moreso than Thracia's.

Beginners should go after FE4, the maps are huge yes, and they might get lots of subs due to not knowing the lover system, but it's easy after all.

Trollan, Skasha. Trollan.

I won't be much help, since I only played 7 and 8, but I think that 7 would be the best game to start at. It's what got me into the series. Fire emblem 8 made me get off the series sort of, it was kind of boring to me, so I think you should do 7 if starting on the gba games.

I choose Sacred Stones for the easiest to play, but the problem is, I think PoR has a better hook for a storyline. It was my first, and I got hooked and have loved FE since. But the problem is, which would bring in a newcomer better? PoR with its better (in my opinion) storyline, or Sacred Stones with its easier enemies and gameplay?