Fall Out Boy

Metal Rabbit

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do they rock?

• Hell yes!
    • Hell no!
    • They're okay...

I like FOB, but they aren't even CLOSE to my favourite band, mostly because they aren't metal. But yeah, I preferred their earlier stuff over Infinity On High stuff, but it's all good, it's all good... yep...

Hope that if they crank new shit out soon it sounds more like their old stuff.

I like only a few of their songs, unlike Linkin Park, in which I like all of their songs. Except one or two from Reanimation. (Lookin' at you, X-Ecutioner Style...)

• 2 months later...
They deserve the hate, for their music is just laughable.

That's your opinion, but because it's your opinion doesn't make it laughable. If they made it big, their music is good. Just that some people don't like it.

No, something is not good just because it became big. Popular =/= good.

You make that sound like it stands for everything.

Something is not good to you even though it became big. Popular = good to the ones who make that thing big, and (in your case of FoB) popular =/= good to the ones who don't like it.

Example: James blunt became big for a long while, I hate almost all of his songs, so popular =/= good in my opinion of Blunt. Linkin park is extremely popular, and I think they're good, so: popular = good to me in that case.

It's a matter of opinion. The people who like FoB and make it popular all believe they are good, in general. For those who don't like FoB, then them being popular doesn't mean it's good to them. Deal with it...

Edited by Raven

I have both of their CDs, but I prerfered 'From Under the Cork Tree' to 'Infinity on High'. Though I didn't dislike the latter. It was still alright.

Don't forget "Take this to your grave" (I think that's what it's called)

I like a few songs by FOB, but I haven't really searched deep within their music

And if it became big, chances are there are a good majority of people who DO think it's good.

Yeah that is true practically everything for music that is shown on any sort of music channel has to be popular in some way

I'd say I liked them a lot, but I haven't listened to them enough to say that. So I'll say that they're okay.

I do like them a lot for helping Panic at the Disco though!