The "new tier method" applied to FE4

Mekkah

Lex/Ayra is easy to make just like Holyn/Ayra. And you are overestimating the ranks in this game.

Mkay mkay then. Thanks for clarifying.

Wait...how is it as easy? Lex is usually far away. Doing horse riding stuff. Obviously, I suck at rankings or else I'd understand this...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait...how is it as easy? Lex is usually far away. Doing horse riding stuff. Obviously, I suck at rankings or else I'd understand this...

You have plenty enough turns to pair them up without hurting your efficiency, IMO. I always pair them up in Chapter 3. Then again, I never play for rank either.

Edited by Aida

Mkay mkay then. Thanks for clarifying.

Well, for one thing, there's that conversation with Lex/Holyn and Aira in ch 3 where she gets her Brave Sword.

You have plenty enough turns to pair them up without hurting your efficiency, IMO. I always pair them up in Chapter 3. Then again, I never play for rank either.
Well, for one thing, there's that conversation with Lex/Holyn and Aira in ch 3 where she gets her Brave Sword.

I know that the convo boosts the love thing, but I wasn't aware there enough break time for them to build up love afterwards.

Well thanks all o' yeh. I now know better. I liked AiraxLex best anyways I have to be the only one here who absolutely hates Holyn...

People hardly play for rank in FE4. And IMO, making tier list for 2nd Gen is a total pain. >.>

Gfaqs started one, and its actually looking pretty decent from where they're at. I don't know if they're still at it, but here's an idea to use as a launching point, like they did. Start with someone who doesn't really change a whole lot with who his/her father is, and rank that character against the him/her with all the other fathers. They started with Favel, because about the only thing his father changes is how badly he rapes the bosses.

Lex is too busy to have sex with Aira.

Lex has Elite, making him have way more levels than your other units, which would give Lex some time to breed with Ayra.

Plus, there's also the lover convo. It's not hard at all.

FYI, I will be ignoring ranks since I don't need this game's arbitrary limits to tell me how to play efficiently (it sure as hell doesn't involve savestate manipulating level-ups on Dew and Ardan).

FYI, I will be ignoring ranks since I don't need this game's arbitrary limits to tell me how to play efficiently

azel for top tier

...no, seriously

Edited by MightyZagaro

FYI, I will be ignoring ranks since I don't need this game's arbitrary limits to tell me how to play efficiently (it sure as hell doesn't involve savestate manipulating level-ups on Dew and Ardan).

Then why make a list in the first place? Seems a bit weird...

How about a rule to it? FE7's list is based on Lyn's Hard Mode before HHR, Some varients of the Tellius lists are either speed based or BEXP based. Why not a rule here? It's simple, no battle save/savestate abuse. Only saves allowed are at the beginning of a chapter and after conquering a castle. From those saves, you can do whatever the hell you want, as long as you only save at mentioned times.

See? Simple.

Only saves allowed are at the beginning of a chapter and after conquering a castle.

In a game that has a "save automatically at the beginning of every turn" feature?

Talk about arbitrary conditions.

Then why make a list in the first place? Seems a bit weird...

How about a rule to it? FE7's list is based on Lyn's Hard Mode before HHR, Some varients of the Tellius lists are either speed based or BEXP based. Why not a rule here? It's simple, no battle save/savestate abuse. Only saves allowed are at the beginning of a chapter and after conquering a castle. From those saves, you can do whatever the hell you want, as long as you only save at mentioned times.

See? Simple.

He's not saying that the tier lists shouldn't be based on something, he's saying they shouldn't be based on ranks because ranking games doesn't fully reflect unit usefulness, only how much you exploit the game.

I think his focus on the tier list is usefulness and efficiency overall.

In a game that has a "save automatically at the beginning of every turn" feature?

Talk about arbitrary conditions.

Not any more arbitrary than Lyn's Mode included in HHM for FE7. It's there, but nothing is forcing you to do it.

Looking at Chainey's post though, it makes more sense then...

Edited by Grandjackal

How is Lyn's mode an arbitrary condition? There's absolutely no reason not to go to Lyn's mode if you're playing for efficiency not unless you like playing Hector's first chapters with a crappy Matthew or Lyn being even MORE of a liability than she already is.

If anything, it's not a condition, it's flat out common sense.

Edited by Chainey

How is Lyn's mode an arbitrary condition? There's absolutely no reason not to go to Lyn's mode if you're playing for efficiency not unless you like playing Hector's first chapters with a crappy Matthew or Lyn being even MORE of a liability than she already is.

If anything, it's not a condition, it's flat out common sense.

No reason to save every turn other than to ensure you'll win. Doing Lyn's mode in FE7 is just more reasonable, but FE4's battle saves is MUCH more pronounced.

FE4's battle save function is no more common sense than doing Lyn's Mode for Hector Hard Mode. Both are optional, but both make the game easier.

No reason to save every turn other than to ensure you'll win. Doing Lyn's mode in FE7 is just more reasonable, but FE4's battle saves is MUCH more pronounced.

FE4's battle save function is no more common sense than doing Lyn's Mode for Hector Hard Mode. Both are optional, but both make the game easier.

Read my post again. I never said anything in support of factoring FE4's save system.

If you're going to compare the save system to something, Lyn's mode is not it.

Edited by Chainey

Read my post again. I never said anything in support of factoring FE4's save system.

If you're going to compare the save system to something, Lyn's mode is not it.

Sorry, I have a hard time with words. Sometimes I miss the point.

IF it has to do with efficiency...Matthew is likely only to be faster than he already is, and he's doubling anyways. Matthew's still crappy, it isn't like he's suddenly gonna be uber killing, he just pinches a bit harder at best. Lyn has a hard time not sucking anyways. Kent and Sain are meh since Lowen and Marcus should be supporting by then and aren't that bad themselves. Sure, Marcus sucks later, but not for a good while. Serra's usable regardless because healers are nice to have. All it does for Dorcas is make him hit harder, since his speed growth is miserable. Rath joins late when he comes back anyways and Wil sucks. Only people it helps is Erk and Florina.

Or I'm missing the point again...

Wait...why the hell are we arguing? Didn't I just agree that what Mekkah said makes sense now with what you said?

Edited by Grandjackal

Point being Azel is win when you throw ranks out the window.

Gufah! He's basically no better than a standard archer for how fragile he is. He promotes to do what Midayle's been doing the whole time. He isn't dodging anything either until he gets Wind or Thunder, at which he goes from not dodging to not dodging too well.

IF it has to do with efficiency...Matthew is likely only to be faster than he already is, and he's doubling anyways. Matthew's still crappy, it isn't like he's suddenly gonna be uber killing, he just pinches a bit harder at best. Lyn has a hard time not sucking anyways. Kent and Sain are meh since Lowen and Marcus should be supporting by then and aren't that bad themselves. Sure, Marcus sucks later, but not for a good while. Serra's usable regardless because healers are nice to have. All it does for Dorcas is make him hit harder, since his speed growth is miserable. Rath joins late when he comes back anyways and Wil sucks. Only people it helps is Erk and Florina.

Yes you're missing the point.

And judging by a lot of points you make, you're missing the point of a tier list in the first place.

Sorry, I have a hard time with words. Sometimes I miss the point.

Wait...why the hell are we arguing? Didn't I just agree that what Mekkah said makes sense now with what you said?

Matthew is an amazing unit.