The "new tier method" applied to FE4

Mekkah

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it's OHKO, but maybe I remembered it wrong. :mellow:

I arenad her and trained her against the armor in the canyon above Evans so she could have gained defense and that's why she survived.

Please stop making my thread into an AIM convo with strike through sentences.

Azel is this low because he only has one thing going for him: offense. After he took care of 2-3 brigands for you, he has practically no function anymore unless you waste like 10 turns waiting for him to meet up with the main group. He dies in two hits, he has negative evade, and only 5 move. Basically, he is Ardan, but instead of never dying and never killing, he always kills and always dies. Though he can't even one-round the huge HP ones with Hand Axes, and they counter him too.

Basically, he has the availability of Midir, the durability of Fin and the mobility of Ardan, only to carry a stronger and more accurate version of Cuan's Javelin.

Fury is that low because all she basically does in that map is "get recruited by Levin then hit the arena". Unless, again, you want to rape your turn count just to get her to meet with the main group. I don't think she can get quite close enough to the ballistae unless you want to put Sylvia in her range, she definitely cannot one round them and she always had to be in range of one of them, plus you put either her or Sylvia in sleep staff range.

Aren't the ballistae in a cross form? If you manage to kill the upper one, you're out of the range of the rest, iirc.

Also Aideen should be a little higher, as her Staff is a bit more useful than Ethlin's(recovers more HP)

Relive isn't locked to Aideen.

Yes, but Aideen already comes with a better staff, and the whole process of Ethlin getting money(arena is out of question), and that she gets a worse "Warp" type of Staff should down her

Yes, but Aideen already comes with a better staff, and the whole process of Ethlin getting money(arena is out of question), and that she gets a worse "Warp" type of Staff should down her

Ethrin has a horse. Adean has 5 move, even after promotion.

So, huh.

Also, Ethlin can get money from Cuan.

Ethrin has a horse. Adean has 5 move, even after promotion.

So, huh.

Also, Ethlin can get money from Cuan.

Cuan will need the money for the Silver Lance & Javelin, and he would get some from the arena, but he will have to give it to Ehtlin due to her unability to beat 3 straight rounds in the Arena.

-Top-

Sigurd

Cuan

Cuan really deserves a spot here, since both him and Sigurd two-round Armors once he gets the Silver Lance, and he is the only unit who can keep up with Sigurd and thus take credit for saving those villages and lowering the amount of damage Sigurd has to take on the way to Heirhein.

-Upper Mid-

Ethlin

Lex

Fin

Levin

Sylvia

Lex and Fin now have insane offense and actual durability, and could maybe be put above Ethlin, though she can now attack things without taking a counter (Light Sword gogo) and keeps others alive (possibility of buying Relive with her, since Aideen isn't doing shit with it anyway). Levin has a village saving monopoly with Sylvia.

-Lower Mid-

Holyn

Jamka

Ayra

Alec

Midir

Noish

Beowulf

The cavs and Midir are useful for chip damage, but not very much, and for the second part of the map the swordfighters get to show off their offense lead, and in Holyn's case, durability as well. Fury really doesn't have stuff to do and Beowulf is just crap when he's there, so maybe they should move down further.

-Lame-

Aideen

Azel

Fury

Lachesis

Dew

Ardan

Chapter 2-

how is holyn better than Ira at joining level?

Ira is at least 5 levels ahead if you actually used her.

If use are actually levelling her and Jamka, they should certainly be pulling away from noish and alec.

Oh, whoops it's the same. Oh then Aira beats Holyn in Speed by like two points.

Still, more durability and Moonlight.

Yes, in addition to that, both double everything anyway so Ayra's miniscule speed advantage doesn't matter at all. Luna vs. Astra kind of doesn't matter either because if either activates it's a 1-round IIRC (though I could be wrong).

I also think chapter 1 deserves to have the mkay tier split... Jamka's there for a really small fraction of the chapter and I don't believe that his offensive contributions in that small part put him above Midir, who has a mount to keep up in the first 3/4 of the chapter and can still contribute to offense.

Edited by dondon151

Ayra has a level lead? Where did you get that idea from?

Unless you don't use Ayra in Chapter 1, she would has a level lead right?

Yeah, so you're suggesting that Ayra gained 8 levels when Holyn joined.

No, I don't care about your abuse.

Nononono, it's a possible even without abuse. Ayra is someone I will use to take care Verdane castle, seeing I need to pass a forest first, which is a pain to do with mounted unit. And personally, I use her to kill Gandolf to take his Skill Ring... >.>

Why would you let Ayra get a Skill Ring?

Anyway, Holyn can use the Arena too.

Shooting Star. *shots self*

The level lead is still there. Though I don't see a problem with that. I mean, there are nothing much of differences over a level or 2 right? >.>