HEY WAIT A MINUTE!

Hibari

Branded can sense others of their kind right? How could Micaiah and Soren not tell that

Zelgius/Black Knight

was one? Or any of the laguz for that matter.

Edited by Hibari

they were never close enough to really get a good look at him.

In PoR Zelgius was right in front of Ike and I'm sure Soren was near. And the Black Knight practically hovered around Micaiah.

You'd think Ranulf would be able to tell, having fought him twice. Maybe even Tibarn...

Maybe some of the laguz's senses aren't as strong as others?

And who tells Ike? :P

Anyhow, how does this matter at all. Yeah, they know he's Branded. Big whoop. I don't see what it would change...

Skrimir fought him too. You'd think they would sense it, but...yeah.

Maybe the armour doesn't allow it? I dunno.

Well we could always chalk it up to Skrimir not being that sharp or the blessed armor blocks it out but...

Well we could always chalk it up to Skrimir not being that sharp or the blessed armor blocks it out but...

His blessed armor is the black one, not the red one. Also, Skrimir doesn't really know shit about the Black Knight, iirc.

Either way, it's said in-game - all laguz will notice something odd when around branded. The sharp ones (like Muarim) will identify them on spot. Others (like Vika) will just feel uneasy in their presence. But, that said, I can totaslly see Skrimir not being sharp (brawl over brains, etc).

Edited by TheEnd

His blessed armor is the black one, not the red one. Also, Skrimir doesn't really know shit about the Black Knight, iirc.

Either way, it's said in-game - all laguz will notice something odd when around branded. The sharp ones (like Muarim) will identify them on spot. Others (like Vika) will just feel uneasy in their presence. But, that said, I can totaslly see Skrimir not being sharp (brawl over brains, etc).

That one was mainly for Ranulf, but I see what you mean.

I thought Muarium only knew Micaiah was branded because he saw it while she was washing her hands. I'm probably forgetting something...

I thought Muarium only knew Micaiah was branded because he saw it while she was washing her hands. I'm probably forgetting something...

I know Pelleas saw her watching her hands (and mistook her for a spirit charmer). I think Muarim just sensed it, but I can't check the script.

I know Pelleas saw her watching her hands (and mistook her for a spirit charmer). I think Muarim just sensed it, but I can't check the script.

He did. He even talked to her about it.

Goddess protection?

Maybe all that armour covered his smell.

Nope. Ranulf recognized the Black Knight's stench even under all of that armor, as evidenced by his conversation with the Black Knight if they fight in Chapter III.7:

Ranulf: Oh, I thought I smelled you earlier. We just have to stop meeting like this.

Black Knight: ...

Ranulf: Back in Gallia, in Crimea... We just ran into each other recently, too. I don't know about the others, but I can tell who you are. You have one heck of a stench.

Black Knight: ...Enough talk. Prepare yourself.

Ranulf: Still won't own up, huh? Fine. If that's the case, I'll just tear your mask off and show everyone myself!

Edited by Paper Jam

Does anyone have the convo between Stefan and Micaiah when you recruit him with her? I've never done it, (I always use Mordecai or Lethe for it) but I'm guessing the only reason he appeared to her was because she's branded and he wanted to help out one of his kind.

Maybe their branded scent wears off the older they get. Like with Soren, in his info convo with Ike in endgame he talks about how he passed by many laguz on his way to Crimea and how they sensed him and hated him for what he was, but all the laguz he's been hanging around recently haven't said anything about it (Ranulf, Skrimir, Tibarn, Reyson, etc.)

Stefan: Hey, there. [i think. I don't quite remember it, but this is my best bet.]

Micaiah: You- you're like me.

Stefan: I don't know who you are or why you are fighting these people, but attacking one of my kin is counter mount to attacking me. Consider my sword yours.

Micaiah: Okay. Thanks. Oh, and who are you?

Stefan: I'm Stefan.

Micaiah: Thank you, Stefan.

I think the laguz know that Soren is branded. Since they don't exist why should you make a fuss of something that doesn't exist?

They only acknowledge him when Soren talks to them or when Ike acknowledges Soren.

Not really, there's an info convo where Ranulf and Tibarn start raving about how awesome Soren's strategic skills are and he's not there. Skrimir apparently really likes him, too.