Idiots

Knife

Do you really think they exist in as great numbers as you say? I 've heard a lot of exaggerations that "most of our world is full of idiots". But do you really think that's true?

Probably.

Most likely.

"Put up with the ignorant in this world, for you do not wish them to become wise."

--Me, as far as I know.

And yes, I did make this up just now. Unless someone else said it, in which case, tell me.

The reason I say this is because wouldn't you rather put up with a bright and smily person than a pessimistic and worldly-wise person (maybe just a bit like me...-.-)?

Yes I do believe the world is mostly populated by Idiots.

However my definition of Idiocy isn't necessarily someone who get's bad grades, or someone uneducated, or someone who goes on jeopardy and loses epicly.

My definition of an Idiot would be someone who doesn't use common sense, the use of common sense can solve most problems and a large amount of people in this world don't use it. (IE: Suicide Bombers, Halo fanboys, People who voted for Bush Twice, People who have orgies without condoms)

So while I would say there aren't many people in the world who fall into the "Traditional" definition of the word idiot, there are an overwhelming amount of people who fall into my personal definition of an idiot.

There are a lot of idiots out there. My guess at a percentage of what I think are idiots is about 65-70% of the population. But it's mostly unstoppable because when idiots have kids, their kids don't learn anything from the parents, so they usually end up stupid too.

But even more important is that many people (probably 40% of the 70% I said above) aren't mentally stupid, they're just too lazy to get educated. The whole world is getting much lazier, which leads to people not learning anything and ending up idiots. And now, at least in the US, the schools are teaching less and less so these idiots can pass without learning anything.

So 30% of 70% the world is mentally retarded?

Edited by Noremac

Certainly everyone is intelligent in different ways, and people who do dumb thing sometimes aren't necessarily idiots. But yes. Idiots exist in force. I know some. Sigh.

Don't bother thinking this. I use to believe everyone had weak and strong points back in HS. Needless to say I found out I completely outclassed certain people regardless (and I don't just mean the mentally handicap).

YES THE WORLD IS FULL OF IDIOTS!!! there are those guys who think that Brawl is a good game, and what about those guys that say that the wii is NOT a kiddie console, those are the idiots because clearly Nintendo is for kidz!! Also the world is full of idiots that think that Obama will actually do something good, or there are idiots too who think that Bush was bad. Really how can you not see that the world is just filled with idiots that make even more idiots. THERE ARE IDIOTS EVERYWHERE!!!! or what about those in high school who instead of bullying people they just studied and be good students, those sure were idiots.

Idiots that don't realize that they are actually idiots are those we have to be careful of. But how can we be sure who is an idiot and who isn't, when we ourselves do idiotic things every now and then, we are humans, idiocy is bound to us.

Someone may think I am an idiot, I may think that he is an idiot, and both of us will be right and wrong seen from each perspective, but at the end the intelligent one will think "does it even matter?" and just continue living....

So yeah thats what I think ...

I haven't been exposed to such quantities of idiocy as described in this topic. I blame proper education.

The reason I say this is because wouldn't you rather put up with a bright and smily person than a pessimistic and worldly-wise person (maybe just a bit like me...-.-)?

Quite so. Stupidity only starts bothering me when stupid deeds are in danger of being performed. The know-it-all-ness and the unlikeable qualities of idiots fall under that idiot's personality, IMO. One can be intelligent but still be a snorty hubrisful teenage brat.

We must begin by asking; 'What is an idiot?', and 'By what means can we define idiocy?'

Hmm... divide the term 'idiot' into 'foolish', and 'stupid', and see what we get:

A stupid man shows everyone how stupid he is.

A foolish man shows everyone how foolish he is.

Being stupid can be defined as a lack of intelligence.

While being foolish is defined by a lack of wisdom.

But that means a smart man can be a fool.

And a stupid man can be wise.

Rarely is anyone both stupid and foolish, this is true idiocy.

More uncommon than all three is someone both wise and smart.

What is 'Wisdom'? What is 'Intelligence'? No one knows, what may be a smart thing to one may be stupid to someone else.

What may be wise to someone may be foolish to another.

Wisdom 'knows'.

Intelligence 'thinks'.

What's the difference? You decide.

Any questions? No? Good.

Jeeeesus fucking Christ, I'm glad you people don't run anything important. You are incredibly quick to toss around this kind of derogatory crap for pretty weak reasons.

Everyone is smart in their own degree
No, not really. It's not nice to say so, but some people aren't good at anything. That's a pretty small group, though.