So on a scale of 1-10, how hard is Thracia 776?

Father Wood

Bear in mind you're not getting more than 60 evade barring terrain so with elite mode, you should still count on the enemies having like 30 to 40 hit, maybe less. At the same time, you're constantly at the mercy of the RNG and some enemy staffs, as well as poison (which NEVER goes away unless you Restore) and certain enemies' leadership. There's still the fact that you have to capture some enemies to get their weapons too. I honestly don't think the game gets that much easier during Elite mode.

And yeah even with higher HP fatigue is a bitch.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't really a set difficulty curve and sometimes the difficulty is irritating more than anything else. It is weird how what should be positive actions can completely turn upside down. If I was to use an example; Chapter 12 Gaiden.

How do you deal with Tina. Before I had got to that stage I was trying to help a friend with it and I was like "Easy, Just silence her. No Broken staff and no losing items" to which he reponds "That won't work, the silence never wears off meaning I can't talk to her to recruit her. Same goes for Sleep".

It is certainly easier after 1 playthrough (you have some idea of if certain units will be good or not for certain maps making dealing with fatigue far easier) and if you're not playing for rank. Why? A number of chapters don't have urgency to them bar the escape maps but that should be obvious so you can take your time to bait long range attacks.

The way to describe it is not hard as in the enemies are wiping the floor with half my armys blood but more the how and where of said enemies.

How do you deal with Tina. Before I had got to that stage I was trying to help a friend with it and I was like "Easy, Just silence her. No Broken staff and no losing items" to which he reponds "That won't work, the silence never wears off meaning I can't talk to her to recruit her. Same goes for Sleep".

Either you use Warp to Lara/Lifis to steal her staves/recruit Pahn and make him do the job; or you let her steal everything first, make her inventory full...I think...?

HOW? If you capture her, you don't recruit her, right?

Right.

It's been a while since I've last played, so my memory is fuzzy... but I think I remember talking with her.

Or maybe I just sent a group of units with more magic than her.

Right.

It's been a while since I've last played, so my memory is fuzzy... but I think I remember talking with her.

Or maybe I just sent a group of units with more magic than her.

Because I silenced her with Saphy, could't talk to her, so...

depends

If you don't care about ranks, take time to arena abuse [Very easy arena, actually, Shiva's almost guaranteed never to die], capture as many enemies as possible without worrying about turncount, abuse the piss out of scrolls [shiva with 20 res much?] and crap like that, you'd be amazed how easy it is. 776 is debatably the most abusable game in the series, pretty neck and neck with FEDS.

If you aim for efficiency and low turncount, yeah, good luck with that.

[Very easy arena, actually, Shiva's almost guaranteed never to die]

Except that FE5's arenas likes pitting your strong units against opponents with straight 20s and silver weaponry, while giving you iron weapons.

Not as cruel as Monshou's arena, but probably worse than the GBA ones.

776 is debatably the most abusable game in the series, pretty neck and neck with FEDS.

lol Seisen

No matter how much you abuse, you're still capping stats at 20.

What you're thinking is incredibly dumb.

Sorry then, esper.

Care to enrich the discussion by exponding on how incredibly dumb are the thoughts you've read?

Edited by Anborn Arsar

Except that FE5's arenas likes pitting your strong units against opponents with straight 20s and silver weaponry, while giving you iron weapons.

Except that Sol is still probably going to kick in long before Shiva dies since unlike a certain other swordmaster in this game, he has a firm grip on the meaning of the word "durability". He can take a few silver hits, better yet, dodge a few. The RNG works against the computer, too.

Also, 20 is all you need to nuke most stuff easy. It would surprise you how much failure FE5's normal enemies are. Usually the only thing interesting about them are their weapons.

lol Seisen

Hm? I don't believe FE4 granted move level ups, nor did it hand you scrolls with ridiculously amazing stat growth. Nor did it give you two books of Sol, best skill ever.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Except that Sol is still probably going to kick in long before Shiva dies since unlike a certain other swordmaster in this game, he has a firm grip on the meaning of the word "durability". He can take a few silver hits, better yet, dodge a few. The RNG works against the computer, too.

He isn't the only unit you have to train, you know? And if you've got an unit with 20 skl/spd/luk fighting another one with 20 skl/spd/luk, I don't see a lot of dodging edge there.

Also, 20 is all you need to nuke most stuff easy. It would surprise you how much failure FE5's normal enemies are. Usually the only thing interesting about them are their weapons.

And leadership levels. And general annoyance.

Hm? I don't believe FE4 granted move level ups, nor did it hand you scrolls with ridiculously amazing stat growth.

Pairings. I'm talking about pairings. You'd presume some people claim FE4 is the easiest and FE5, the hardest in the series for a reason.

Nor did it give you two books of Sol,

What? More like half a book, since you can only get one in chapter 16A - in which case you aren't getting a Luna manual or an extra Puji.

best skill ever.

Huh?

Edited by Anborn Arsar

And leadership levels.

Hi, I'm the warp staff.

I make the only chapter where enemy leadership is actually an issue a total breeze.

And if you've got an unit with 20 skl/spd/luk fighting another one with 20 skl/spd/luk, I don't see a lot of dodging edge there.

Wonderful thing Shiva will cap his skl/spd/luck before most enemies.

And 20% sol activation per swing is pretty reliable.

in which case you aren't getting a Luna manual or an extra Puji.

Good thing nobody cares about Luna since it's just excess overkill. Sol actually HELPS.

And Othin won't need the Puji at that point. Especially not if you buffed his skil/lck/str.

Pairings. I'm talking about pairings.

And...your point? Generation 2 actually has pretty decent enemy stats, decent to the point where it takes most Lakches a while to kill stuff in one round.

Huh?

what do you mean, huh?

20% activation rate to swing on a character who's going to murderize everything already, so he doesn't need any offense boost? How is it NOT the best skill in FE5? It makes Shiva pratically unkillable, on top of being a killing machine. Buff up his mag and toss him a magic sword and he's never, EVER going to die.

Hi, I'm the warp staff.

I make the only chapter where enemy leadership is actually an issue a total breeze.

The Warp Staff is the best item in the entire FE5.

Wonderful thing Shiva will cap his skl/spd/luck before most enemies.

Valid for real game, not exactly valid for arenas. I like how you conveniently ignore the fact that you have other non-Shiva non-Pahn units to train, but well.

Good thing nobody cares about Luna since it's just excess overkill. Sol actually HELPS.

What? The overkill game is FE4, sir. I'm afraid you mixed your data files there.

And Othin won't need the Puji at that point. Especially not if you buffed his skil/lck/str.

What? You're talking like the Puji actually gets outdated.

It doesn't.

And...your point? Generation 2 actually has pretty decent enemy stats, decent to the point where it takes most Lakches a while to kill stuff in one round.

What?

Generation 2 is a walk in the park if you didn't screw up your pairings. Pretty decent stats? Opponents are usually stuck with average (base + half) stats at best. The only worthy enemy group is Yurius's 12 dark lords.

Oh, and Lakche actually starts chapter 6 one-rounding opponents.

what do you mean, huh?

20% activation rate to swing on a character who's going to murderize everything already, so he doesn't need any offense boost? How is it NOT the best skill in FE5? It makes Shiva pratically unkillable, on top of being a killing machine. Buff up his mag and toss him a magic sword and he's never, EVER going to die.

3-10 range.

You aren't allowed to get cocky in FE5. Unwanted rape ensues if you do.

Edited by Anborn Arsar

Care to enrich the discussion by exponding on how incredibly dumb are the thoughts you've read?
Because 20 caps apply both to player and enemies, and last I checked FE5 uses a more compressed stat progression than FE3 did.

Not only that, but being able to cap stats early means that you'll have a 20/20 quality unit much earlier than you really should.

Generation 2 is a walk in the park if you didn't screw up your pairings. Pretty decent stats? Opponents are usually stuck with average (base + half) stats at best. The only worthy enemy group is Yurius's 12 dark lords.
Actually, enemies do have decent stats in Generation 2. Sure, even if they're average stats, let's not forget they travel in packs and can focus fire a unit. The only real reason FE4 is a walk in the park is because it gives you a save system that undoes your mistakes and some characters are just too good.

Because 20 caps apply both to player and enemies, and last I checked FE5 uses a more compressed stat progression than FE3 did.

Not only that, but being able to cap stats early means that you'll have a 20/20 quality unit much earlier than you really should.

Still, it means a smaller gap between the player and enemy units than in, say, Seisen or the GBA FEs.

Actually, enemies do have decent stats in Generation 2. Sure, even if they're average stats, let's not forget they travel in packs and can focus fire a unit. The only real reason FE4 is a walk in the park is because it gives you a save system that undoes your mistakes and some characters are just too good.

Oh right, the way pursuit and critical work helps the player a bit, too.

But either way, decent stats that aren't enough to be a threat aren't really decent at all. :|

Still, it means a smaller gap between the player and enemy units than in, say, Seisen or the GBA FEs.
It also means that a single gain in stat means much more. I highly doubt that FE5 enemies are the same as any other FE game due to the stat caps being much lower.
But either way, decent stats that aren't enough to be a threat aren't really decent at all. :|
Trust me, they're better than some failures I've seen.

FE4 doesn't have FE5's difficult map design and mechanics. Enemies traveling in packs actually aren't that much of threat in FE4 because your group also travels in a pack and your group is almost certain to get first attack every time. Usually your army can wipe out upwards of 50% of the enemy army on the first attack, so the only significant threats are overpowered bosses or packs of mounted units.

FE4 doesn't have FE5's difficult map design and mechanics. Enemies traveling in packs actually aren't that much of threat in FE4 because your group also travels in a pack and your group is almost certain to get first attack every time. Usually your army can wipe out upwards of 50% of the enemy army on the first attack, so the only significant threats are overpowered bosses or packs of mounted units.
I'm not comparing FE4 to FE5, I'm comparing FE4 to itself.

What? The overkill game is FE4, sir. I'm afraid you mixed your data files there.

It applies well to FE5, too. It's really not that hard just to kill things. It's really not. Shiva>Mareeta for a damned reason.

I like how you conveniently ignore the fact that you have other non-Shiva non-Pahn units to train, but well.

Oh, right.

Providing Othin and Brighton have the HP/Def to take one hit from something in the arena, they're going to kill it if somehow they don't kill it on the first round.

nevermind that Pahn's stats are easy enough to abuse due to scrolls, and you still have another Sol manual lying around.

What? You're talking like the Puji actually gets outdated.

It doesn't.

I didn't say that.

I said it's overkill after a certain point. What good is it doing Othin when he kills everything with plain old handaxes? Pump up his hit and that happens pretty quick.

Oh, and Lakche actually starts chapter 6 one-rounding opponents.

no? Even with the silver sword she can't.

3-10 range.

This is where def/res scroll abuse comes in handy.

You aren't allowed to get cocky in FE5. Unwanted rape ensues if you do

You realize I'm not joking when I say Shiva is capable of soloing maps without anything crazy like Cyas and buddies, right?

FE4 doesn't have FE5's difficult map design and mechanics.

Anything Shiva can't solo can be warped out of.

Care to tell me what's so difficult about that?

Edited by Sweet Tooth