1. 1. Do you?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how are they broken?

They allow your best possible action in range to move again, possibly making people travel like 20 squares per turn, and in some cases doing this with like four people at once.

Does anyone here use Ninian/Nils' rings? I never get to because I'm usually using them for their dance ability, and I can't get much done in one turn.

I actually usually don't get most of the rings anyway, so no...

The only time I take a dancer out is if I don't have enough space for another important unit to enter the fray. I use them a lot otherwise especially Ninian because I like the music

Levin and Homer are mages not Bards. They're Bards just by name.

They're bards as in real bards not the magical FE move again ones. You recruit Homeros from a bar (presumebly he was performing there...though I'm pretty sure he was just getting drunk hence why he is title is Traveling Drunkard) and as for Levin. He was a wandering Minstel. thats basically a bard.

Sure she can hold herself quite well against bandits with her Lady Sword, but to think she is a good fighter? Er......

Lady Sword means she has the most potential out of all the dancers but usually you're just better off giving Nabarl a turn so he can do it himself. The point is she could in theory do worthwhile damage...at level 20 (and nearly die in doing so thanks to no HP and defence) unlike the rest (even FE10 with its crappy money cards, wow max magic Reysdon can do 3 damage!). To be fair I'd say Lara gets the most use out of weapons. Elite Sword=double EXP per dance :P Shame it doesn't help her fatigue issues

It'll be interesting to see how this works for a remake remember enemies defence won't cap so low and she won't be getting a strength boost...now will the Lady Sword be forgable?

Does anyone here use Ninian/Nils' rings? I never get to because I'm usually using them for their dance ability, and I can't get much done in one turn.

The evade bossting ring is pointless if you ask me but I find the Power, Defence and sometimes critical to be really helpful. Do 10 more damage, yes please. Take 10 less damage, yes please. Add a couple of critical...*equips Luna*, yes please.

Yeah, I don't buy the "dancer is better than your next unit because she gives your best unit another turn" argument in the games where dancers can only act on one unit per turn (5, 6, 7, 8). Mostly because a dancer doesn't have enemy phase while your next unit does, and this is particularly noticeable in maps with small deployment limits.

If there is one debate fad I absolutely hate it is the class has no enemy phase one therefore...it is only a problem if they draw an enemy phase attack that could be countered by someone else or they have to act in a way that holds themselves or the team back (say, not danacing on making one of your units have to be positioned badly to prevent drawing enemy phase attack) during the enemy phase.

Generally most classes have maps they are good on and maps they are bad on. So the low deployment limit maps are one case dancers are bad on but those are generally clustered at the start of the game...before you have dancers or if you do have dancers the unit limits are screaming "bring your strongest fighters. FIGHTERS". I'd also say they are bad on tight, chaotic maps (less safe spots from attacks) and split group maps (they could hold one group back)

Not to mention getting someone to move again for another action is the same as using another unit replacing the bard/heron to perform the action.

Only if that unit could do anything at any given time. The Dancer isn't limited to refreshing one type of unit. It can refresh anyone desployed with one limitation. They can reach them. Say, you could bring 2 healers to a map only to have one of them with nothing to do half the time or you could bring 1 healer and a dancer. The half of the time the healer needs 2 action the dancer can provide and the other half some other unit can get the turn.

As for keeping up with front lines. It is only a problem on linear maps where one group gets to end point and games lacking the rescue comand. Technically even on non-linear maps and using the rescue comand does result in some down-time for the dancer and other members of the team (person to rescue and move, person to take a drop since you should never start a turn a rescued person on you).

End of the day it is up to the player to use what units they want the way they want them to. I like using dancers because the options it opens up for me. I know many players don't like Dancers outside of FE7 becuase of the Buff spells the rings offered not being available.

What are dancers?

Basically Herons before Herons existed in the Fire Emblem universe. Bards in the Gameboy Advance Fire Emblems were male, instrument playing version of dancers. (in the SNES ones, they are magic users that promote into Sages, which are very powerful in those games)

As characters, Dancers were usually very spontaneous (except for Ninian, very quiet) and had a thing against wearing tons of clothes. (the only ones that didn't show their belly was Ninian, and I guess Lara would count)

Fena didn't show her belly as well.

Oh yeah, she had a dress.

One more thing about dancers, my favorite part. Up until Fire Emblem 5, they were barefoot. (most art portrayed them so, at least, the trading cards eventually gave them sandals, each and every one of them :( )