What group(s) of ethnicity are you from?

Father Wood

Pick one  

50 members have voted

1. 1. ....or some

• Middle Eastern
    • European
    • African
    • Indian
    • Mexican
    • Native American
    • Asian
    • Atlantic Islander
    • I don't know
    • I won't say
    • Other
    • Pacific Islander

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If "Mexican" is a race, then so is "American". Mexican people are a mix of European and "native" ethnicities, just like everyone else in North America. And considering all peoples can trace their heritage back to someplace else (IE "native" Americans were really from northern Asia and moved to the Americas in a mass migration several thousand years ago), talking about any sort of "heritage" is fuzy business anyways. Cultural bias is the only reason why some people draw the line at their European ancestors rather than their ancient African ones or their recent American ones. There's no rational reason why I would say my heritage is German rather than Ethiopean.

So yeah, I was born here, my parents have lived here for a while. I'm pure American.

touche

I have to wonder, where the hell is the 'Carribean' option? It would help for those of us with people from say, Cuba. I.E., yours truly

I was thinking those would be under the category of Pacific Islander, but I guess it's technically in the Atlantic Ocean.

And you still haven't changed it

And aren't these a bit broad? Middle eastern is lumping Isralies and Arabs together

Wait, you can change it!? :blink:

And I put a lot of groups together like Europeans in which include Germans and the French and they've had past quarrels and so have Japan and China when it comes to the Asians group. I wanted to not put a bunch of options there and keep it simple.

Edited by Yourgranny

I was thinking those would be under the category of Pacific Islander, but I guess it's technically in the Atlantic Ocean.

Trust me, the Carribean and the Pacific Islands are two completely different cultures. How you could even think that they're similar is beyond me.

Trust me, the Carribean and the Pacific Islands are two completely different cultures. How you could even think that they're similar is beyond me.

They are definitly different.

Hey, wait a fucking minute. The Carribean and the Pacific Islands? How the fuck are they similar?