How does your RNG treat you?

Herr Wozzeck

Leveling:

FE4: If it's not a character with Holy Blood, this RNG was absolutely evil sometimes. (I got several no-stat level-ups during the first gen. :()

FE6: Eh, it was all right. It did have a predilection for speed and skill, though, so that meant that Geese, Lilina, and Ray were awesome units. (I had Geese use Armads, too.)

FE7: Been a while since I played it, but I remember this RNG being somewhere in the middle. While playing it again, though, it's been treating me very well. (Lots of near-perfect level-ups here.)

FE8: Not as well as others, but definitely better than FE4's RNG.

FE9: I forget, seeing as how I haven't played this game in so long.

FE10: It was okay. Probably similar to the FE7 RNG (Though what with BEXP working the way it works here, I think you can manipulate the RNG a little bit.)

FEDS: God, was this RNG cruel. I almost relied soley on promotion bonuses since there were lots of one-stat level-ups for a lot of characters...

Battle:

FE4: It felt fairly arbitrary for sure.

FE6: It was all right. It at least was getting everything right.

FE7: I think this was all right as well. On playing it again, I've noticed a rather strong predilection for low critical percentages. (WTF?)

FE8: Eh, it did its job.

FE9: This treated me pretty well, so it's all good.

FE10: Almost like the FE4 RNG, but a little more merciful.

FEDS: This was right on the button, but what with nerfed avoid in this game that doesn't say much. I did get plenty of close calls, though, so I'll say it was fairly merciful at times.

I'll be blunt: BAD. The RNG is the reason why I haven't finished recording chapter 6 in FE4 and it's been a damn week. In FESD, I always assume that every enemy will hit me (even if the hit rate is 30% >_>) and often have a backup due to the possibility of 85% hit rates missing (it happens... twice in a row too).

Example:

Edited by Levin

I've had my share of both good and bad luck with the RNG. Overall, my experiences don't stand out as anything exceptionally good or bad. So, uh, I guess the RNG treats me well.

FE1:Never got too far

FE2:Same as FE1

FE3:I capped often

FE4:I use the fast forward button during battles so I sometimes miss it but I usually cap a lot

FE5:I played elite mod but most characters capped a lot of there stats. Othin capped everything exept magic

FE6:Not bad, not great

FE7:Same as FE6

FE8:Same as FE6 and FE7

FE9:I cap a stats often

FE10:Same as FE9

FE11:Same as FE6, FE7, and FE8

Battle:

FE1:It hates me

FE2:OK

FE3:Good

FE4:Great

FE5:It almost hates me

FE6:Good

FE7:Good

FE8:Good

FE9:Good

FE10:OK

FE11:OK

Edited by luigi bros

How does it treat me? Like a total whore. I can't even take chances with 80%. If the enemy has even 30%, I know I'll get hit. I've played through RD 5 times, each time using Naesala as soon as I can. I've seen him activate only one skill, that being Adept. Ain't that a bitch?

I can't even play FE5 because of this...

Leveling? Don't get me started...Ever had an FE7 Bartre with 16 strength at 20/20? My armor knights never grow defense, anything with a sword refuses to grow a single point of strength and defense, mages never grow any speed outside of Asvel, anything on a horse for me seems to only like growing luck and skill...and worst of all, my Lord characters fail to grow ANYTHING. They never get more than 1 or 2 stats each level up.

And whenever I FINALLY get a series of good level ups, either someone I planned to have dodge a couple shots (since 12% isn't likely to hit 5 times in a fucking row) gets killed because he or she just refused to dodge, someone gets crit killed on one of those damn 1 percents, or some other royal bullshit that shouldn't have happened but did because the RNG absolutely hates me for some reason.

Edited by Grandjackal

It treats me like I was his bitch. Lex, Nanna and other ppl not getting any stat-ups at all for like 3 levels, Mareeta missing twice in the Astra, hitting three times for 8 damage each(88% of hitting) and then getting hit by a Brigand(34%), getting killed are just a few things.

FE 4: Felt like if half of my character's levelups in the first Gen were +nothing or +HP.

FE 6: Aside from two Idoun criticals in a row, there wasn't anything special.

FE 7: Haven't played for a while, but RNG was okay to me, except my Eliwood always ends up crappy

FE 8: Nothing.

FE 9: Same as FE8

FE 10: Nothing on NM but HM enemies always critical me. ALWAYS. Especially Part 4 enemies.

FE 11: I think there is no RNG in this game. The numbers are just... decoration. >_______>

well...the only time it hated me was Marisa getting killed by a 16% hit hand axe to the face in FE8 >_>; leveling...ehh...I almost always get a lv or two of no stat ups or just HP on every character promoted or unpromoted so meh...fortunately it usually balances out and I never RNG abuse anything, so it's uh...random I guess, usually don't have very ill fated days and it is usually merciful when someone's going to die (they keep getting hit then, omg dodge....fortunately it usually only goes that way for my units and not the enemy >_>)

Let's see, Fire Emblems Gaiden, Holy War, and Thracia 776 were all very mean to me. Fire Emblem Sword of Seals is mixed, sometimes being great and other times cruel. The rest I've played treats me right.

Let's see, Fire Emblems Gaiden, Holy War, and Thracia 776 were all very mean to me. Fire Emblem Sword of Seals is mixed, sometimes being great and other times cruel. The rest I've played treats me right.

Gaiden has the most evil RNG, not only in FE, but in any SRPG ever.

Gaiden's RNG is worse than Thracia's..?

Shadow Dragon's RNG doesn't like me much. The only thing my characters ever tend to dodge are the Stonethingy ballistas and I get really crap level ups as well, all the time.

FE6: The Arena hates me.

FE7: Canas hates me.

FE8: My brother hates me since my Eirika maxxed out strength and every other stat except luck (By 2 points) and DEF, while his only maxxed out two stats, and he got 17 Strength.

FE9: It was only bad when I had no idea what the hitrates were (Lol enemy attacking)...and Kieran's level 12 Paladin growths :(.

FE10: Only when I try to speed-run Part 2 Endgame with Haar running straight to Ludveck and some random Thunder mage going "olol hit wiht low pershent."

Edited by Nestling

Gaiden's RNG is worse than Thracia's..?

It seemed to have a habit of you missing a lot when hit is high, while low hit enemies often hit with no struggle. Not to mention you can rarely hit if you have at least half hit. (this is going by what I went through, others may get something different)

As for level ups, the low growths don't help the already mean RNG. The only one that gets nice level ups are Est and Katua. Alm has it better than most, too.

Edited by Kintenbo

It seemed to have a habit of you missing a lot when hit is high, while low hit enemies often hit with no struggle. Not to mention you can rarely hit if you have at least half hit. (this is going by what I went through, others may get something different)

As for level ups, the low growths don't help the already mean RNG. The only one that gets nice level ups are Est and Katua. Alm has it better than most, too.

You and me both man. Sad part is, this happens to me all teh time in FE1 too. I've missed at what appeared to be full bar accuracy. Never before had I wanted to punch the computer so hard...

You and me both man. Sad part is, this happens to me all teh time in FE1 too. I've missed at what appeared to be full bar accuracy. Never before had I wanted to punch the computer so hard...

Add that to the fact that magic is pretty much kamikaze, as healing takes one HP away per heal, and magic takes 1 HP BY EACH TIME YOU USE IT, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU HIT OR NOT.

FE7: RNG hates me for absolutely everything. Hector didn't max a single stat and enemies with 20% Hit would hit me every time.

FE8: Meh, ok, but not great

FE9: Very fair

FE10: Treats me like a king. Enemies' attacks never hit, and mine always do.

FE6: Horrible. Missing with 80+ hit and getting hit with 30 something %.

FE7: Haven't played it in a long time but I think it was ok.

FE9: Most of the time its good but sometimes I get crappy level ups, even 0 stat ups. Sometimes, I get unlucky and someone dies when I'm almost finished the chapter.

FE10: Good for the most part. My characters rarely receive criticals from the enemies. Some characters are lucky and some aren't.

the RNG treats me more in base of classes than in games.

my myrmidons/swordmasters, troubadours/valkyries and pegasus knights/falcon knights tend to be deadly in all games with blessed strength/magic, defense, and skill, while my armor knights and cavaliers have a harder time killing things and miss more often and all that.

the only exception to this was FE9, where i was blessed overall with my units. except my armor knights, they still were blegh.