• Strategy
    • RPG
    • Platformer
    • Shooter
    • Board game
    • Fighting
    • Racing
    • Sports

RPG and Strategy games about the same, though I voted RPG.

By the way, where's RTS on that list? Not putting it on the list is denying every Korean the right to vote truthfully in this poll.

I'm guessing that's included in strategy.

Yes, an RTS is exactly the same as strategy. Except for the whole "real time" thing.

Real Time Strategy games are still just a subset of strategy, just like turn based ones.

Favorite genre... favorite genre... That's a tough one. If I had to say one, though, I'd be Empire games--any sort of 4X (Like Civilization or Masters of Orion), Grand Strategy (Like Crusader Kings or Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun), or anything else that focuses on the management of a people. I guess those would sort of fall under the "Strategy" umbrella.

RPG's and tactical strategy games get honorable mention, but I really don't play enough of those to merit being called favorite. I used to play RTS's before I really got into strategy, but I was never very good (I never had the right mind for it or or the dexterity) and I've sort of given them up other than the occasional Red Alert 2 campaign replay or Diplo or War 1939 games in Starcraft. The only other thing I even remotely enjoy is single player commando shooters like Jedi Knight, Command and Conquer: Renegade, or pretty much everything under the James Bond label.

Edited by Le Communard