favorite character combos

riariadne

Eh, I like to bair a few times and pivot arrow with TL.

Other than that, I can't really do anything else besides the jab cancel to up special. >_>

For CF, I like to d-throw and do two uairs. Though once I landed the knee to falcon punch, which was fun.

Edited by Unoriginal

Falcon's Side B in Melee is predictable as a mothafucka, and it doesn't come out very quickly (which is why it's so predictable). Besides, it doesn't connect into the knee very well, last I checked.

CF's side B in Melee is good, what are you talking about? It's fairly useful for tech chasing, sets up aerials against everyone (knee against spacies), and the pull back at the start is a good spacing trick. Definitely not good enough to be spammed, but good enough to see somewhat frequent use.

CF's side B in Melee is good, what are you talking about? It's fairly useful for tech chasing, sets up aerials against everyone (knee against spacies), and the pull back at the start is a good spacing trick. Definitely not good enough to be spammed, but good enough to see somewhat frequent use.

It's an alright move. Maybe if you use it occasionally it could set up a combo, but once per match is w/e

Kinda like Ike's dsmash, use it like once per per for the unexpected hit

mmhhhh

The Side B has really sad priority, but overall it's a good move to set up aerials

but

for brawl:

Marth forward throw -> tipper fsmash at low percentage (in brawl) is kinda good. on characters like falcon and bowser you can even do

sh double fair, grab, fthrow, tipper fsmash

and I like Falco's d-throw to anything.

lessee....

DK's sh double bair -> ftilt is win

Mario and Luigi's down throw -> up air I like to use a lot. can be airdodged but if they do they leave themselves in a vulnerable position

Luigi's first or second jab -> Up B (WIN)

Edited by Cyrus

I've got a few for Ike

Jab-Kick

Grab

Down throw

Aether

If your opponent sees the grab coming after the jab-kick I just go for the grab then the rest.

For killing I just do

Jab-Kick

Grab-Grab attack(s)

Down/back throw

Utilt/bair

Oh and when near the edge I usually do

Jab-Kick

Dtilt

Instant kill

Edited by Yourgranny

Jab cancel grab should work most of the time even if your opponent sees it coming.

How do you get jab cancel dtilt to work? If they're still on stage they don't get bolted down, and the dtilt has waaay too much lag to be used out of a jab cancel.

And I believe the opponent goes too high after a down throw to be u-tilted.

Yeah I actually made all those up off the top of my head and tried them. Most didn't really work, but the throw down aether does work great. The jab kick d-tilt works at low percentages if you're fighting heavies. Down throw then uair could work instead of down throw then utilt, but it'd be predictable.

My favorite one to do online is a throw off stage then spike, it's so awesome! It's harder to pull off IRL because theres no lag which gives them more of a chance to dodge.

Brawl

DK: Throw off stage -> Dair noobz

IC: Chaining in general, as well as off sync SideB

Falco: SH Lazer Wall -> Dair -> UTilt -> UAir

Kirby: Kirbicide. Swallow -> jump off stage backwards -> spit under stage -> DAir

Sonic: High% Uthrow -> ^B -> UAir

DK: Throw off stage -> Dair noobz

DI and airdodging make that a really unreliable combo. It's better to carry them off the stage with fthrow and then throw them backwards against the ledge. It works as a stagespike on Final D, Smashville, and Battlefield, as well as quite a few counterpicks.

DI and airdodging make that a really unreliable combo. It's better to carry them off the stage with fthrow and then throw them backwards against the ledge. It works as a stagespike on Final D, Smashville, and Battlefield, as well as quite a few counterpicks.

Haha I think with 'noobz' he meant to use it against unexperienced players.

By the way the cargo carry to stagespike is even easier to avoid with teching against the ledge. The throw off to down air can be dangerous to characters who have limited recovery. if you use the downthrow cargo , and the opponent airdodges (say, another donkey kong, link, ganondorf, peach, or anyone with horrible vertical (DID I SAY HORIZONTAL OOPS >.<) recovery), they will most likely die.

Edited by Cyrus

Teching off the ledge sets you up for a bair or nair, or possibly even a dair, so there's not much you can do to avoid the DK stage spike. As for the downtrhow cargo, I find it funny you brought up Peach. If her Umbrella is placed properly, she'll hit DK into the Final D edge, and it's a bit tricky to time the tech with that one, so Peach will be taking DK down with her.

Teching off the ledge sets you up for a bair or nair, or possibly even a dair, so there's not much you can do to avoid the DK stage spike. As for the downtrhow cargo, I find it funny you brought up Peach. If her Umbrella is placed properly, she'll hit DK into the Final D edge, and it's a bit tricky to time the tech with that one, so Peach will be taking DK down with her.

Not if you tech...jump

• 4 months later...

My favorite is in melee, it is with roy. First get the screw attack then double jump with it on some one. after thats done do his up b.

What?

Best roy combo was up fthrow **tech chase fthrow **tech chase bthrow **tech chase mind games FSMASH! then ledge guard like on ones business