What was your first FE?

Father Wood

One day at gamestop, I saw PoR, and quickly noticed the title above it spelling FIRE EMBLEM. (I'm not quite sure why, but I never noticed FE7 or Sacred Stones in the GBA section.) Seeing that title immediately reminded me of Marth and Roy from Melee, and I thought Ike on the cover could be Marth. At the time I hadn't played Melee for about a year so I forgot what Marth's face looked like, but I remembered the blue hair. Then I asked a guy working there what the game was like and he responded saying: "The game's like chess." I left dissapointed thinking "Man, I suck at chess." :( Later, when July was coming around, my parents asked me if I wanted any Gamecube games for my B-day. Now this was back in the day when no good games were coming out for the Gamecube anymore, so I said "Maybe Fire Emblem."

I got it on July, 12 2006. When I finally got to the endgame I couldn't beat it, so I went to gamefaqs and took all my units up the left flank like it suggested. Took me a while to figure out how to defeat Ashnard by using Physics, but it worked eventually.

Edited by Yourgranny

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved Marth and Roy in Smash Bros, so I went looking for what exactly Fire Emblem was. Seeing that it was similar to Advance Wars, which I loved, I got Sacred Stones as soon as I could. After beating that, and hearing from many people that Blazing Sword was a better game, I got that one as well.

Edited by Ar-Wing Pilot

Back when I had dial-up internet access (2000?), I bought a CD with SNES roms. It happened to have Seisen no Keifu (FE4) among them. (Amusingly enough, it didn't have Monshou.)

One or two years later, I lent the CD to a friend, he played Seisen because it reminded him of Dark Wizard (for Sega CD) and recommended it. My younger brother started playing, and I assisted him reading commands/items/names (as I knew hiragana/katakana). Eventually, I started playing it myself.

tl;dr lol pirate

Back when I had dial-up internet access (2000?), I bought a CD with SNES roms. It happened to have Seisen no Keifu (FE4) among them. (Amusingly enough, it didn't have Monshou.)

One or two years later, I lent the CD to a friend, he played Seisen because it reminded him of Dark Wizard (for Sega CD) and recommended it. My younger brother started playing, and I assisted him reading commands/items/names (as I knew hiragana/katakana). Eventually, I started playing it myself.

tl;dr lol pirate

Stop mimicking meThat's the exact same thing that happened to me. It didn't include Thracia as well, though. And that same CD introduced me to Super Robot Wars.

LONG LIVE 250 ROMS CD

I knew about Marth and Roy in Melee, but I wasn't interested in playing a Fire Emblem game until sometime later. One day, I thought about getting Metroid Prime 2 and FE:PoR until my GameCube stopped working properly. Then almost a year later, I made a Mugen video using the Fire Emblem song used in Melee, someone posted a comment and said, "Fire Emblem music FTW!" or something like that. The idea of playing a Fire Emblem game came to my mind again, and then the idea of playing one on an emulator came to my mind so I downloaded a rom of FE7 and got addicted to FE since then.

Stop mimicking meThat's the exact same thing that happened to me. It didn't include Thracia as well, though. And that same CD introduced me to Super Robot Wars.

LONG LIVE 250 ROMS CD

I'm pretty sure mine had 400.

One day, i went to gamestop and saw Fire Emblem PoR. And i bought it, without even knowing what it was about. i didn't have melee, and hardly ever played it, so that explains my apparent lack of FE knowledge

ironically, my favorite games and/or series tend to be the ones that I pick like that.

I was looking in Target with my mom. I saw FE: PoR on the shelf. I decided "Hey I might try it out." (I heard about FE from Melee, but I missed out a little bit when FEs 7 and 8 came out, so sue me.) Then when I played it, I was all like "Hey! This is kinda like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance!" (Which was one of my favorite games at the time.) I played it, and loved it. Then I got FE8, then FE7 later on. I loved FE7 more than FE8 though.

I was one of those "hey, Fire Emblem is in Melee" types. I was hoping for Marth and Roy to appear, and when I saw a picture of Eliwood, I hoped it was him. Was disappointed when his name was discovered, but that's life. After a year or two of Fire Emblem 7, Fire Emblem became my favorite series, finally beating Legend of Zelda. Fire Emblem 7 is still my favorite to this day, 6 years later. (as for games, F-Zero GX) Of course, I've played all the other ones that were released in America, along with everything else except the ones with Marth. (next week will change that!)

Of course, I've played all the other ones that were released in America, along with everything else except the ones with Marth. (next week will change that!)

Damnit, why can't Saturday happen yet?

Eh, my first game was Sacred Stones. I guess I got it because of Melee. I liked it, and then I played Blazing Sword. The rest is history.

My 777th post. What do I win?

Edited by Marty

I got it on July, 12 2006. When I finally got to the endgame I couldn't beat it, so I went to gamefaqs and took all my units up the left flank like it suggested. Took me a while to figure out how to defeat Ashnard by using Physics, but it worked eventually.

a historic day indeed.

My 777th post. What do I win?

a "happy" meal. It is my 400th, what do I win?

I was introduced to the sacred stones at camp. Then I went to radiant dawn. Then blazing sword. Then I I found that Fire emblem was in Japan, and there even better (HOW?) games there. Now after conquest of theose games, I am working on fe9.

"The game's like chess."

I dislike how people compare any strategy game to chess. And how people will not try chess because it requires something called thinking.

SSB had nothing to do with this.

SSB confuses so many people, when ever they hear Fire emblem they automanically ask "is that the game with roy/ike/marth?"

Edited by The Gambit

SSB confuses so many people, when ever they hear Fire Emblem they automatically ask "is that the game with Roy/Ike/Marth?"
I assume it's because they don't read their descriptions carefully enough. Which leads them to make assumptions. I wasn't one of those people, thankfully.

a historic day indeed.

I didn't beat it all in one day. I played it every once in a while till I beat it in October or something. In fact, I quit at Endgame cause it was too hard. After a couple of monthes I turned to gamefaqs out of boredom.

I saw an ad for Fire Emblem (FE7) in a pamphlet that came packaged with one of my games. Christmas was approaching, so I showed it to my parents. Lo and behold I received Fire Emblem as a Christmas present. I completed ENM about a week or so later. No Melee was involved.

I admit, I played ssbm, and then, about a month after i Unlocked Roy, my friend showed me fe8(s(a)s(t)). I Tryed it, and after I gotten to chapter 2, I saw Ross and said<wow, that's Roy>>( or something like that, I know, WTF). A while after, PoR was coming, and so did my birthday, So I told My aunt to Buy it. I played it, liked it( a little), And then I got stuck at the Prisoner release chapter. I stopped playing it for 2 long year. I had nothing to do, so I took the game from my video game shelf, started a new game, and then, Loved it. I beat it easily, had no problem at end game. ( I don't know how, but I got Elincia luck at 39( almost maxed it). I then got my Wii and got Radiant dawn as my first game for the Wii, and after beating that one, got sacred stone. Right now, Im counting the hour left before shadow dragon come out.Thats right, Hour!. And, since emulator are no no to me, I'm deathsparatly trying to convince my father to use ebay so I can get my hand on fe6 and fe7.

I first saw my friend play Sacred Stones on my other friend's Gameboy player (the thing that plugs into the Gamecube). It looked cool, but it was 1P so I got bored. That Christmas, my parents asked what I wanted and I saw an add for PoR in the newspaper. I remembered the name FE so I asked for it. I booted the game up and my life was never the same. I replaced my addiction of TV-watching with video game playing.

Only after that did I realize what series Marth and Roy were from. Funny, because they were my favorite characters, and happened to be from my new favorite game series.

I first heard of FE in Melee. I loved Roy, then I heard FE was coming to the US, I got so excited. But then I saw Eliwood and I was like....that's not Roy. So I lost interest. Then I found FE9. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance was my first FE, and my favorite. And Forever shall be. This is my most favorite game of all time. I randomly found it while flipping through my NP magazines. FE6 was my 2nd. XD

When I first played FE7 I was thinking "where's Marth and Roy?". When I saw Lyn I thought "I thought Marth was a boy" then "Could she be related to Marth?" When I saw Eliwood I thought "That's Roy but I his name is Eliwood I thought his name was Roy". When I beat the game I was confused when I saw Roy, then I looked it up and it made sense.