What was your first FE?

Father Wood

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started with FE8 *Shoots Endgame before he can say it's not a true FE game*. I then got FE7 used from a Gamestop.

Later, I had to go on a trip to Japan with my high-school band. While I was there, I had the chance to buy FE6.

Yeah.

i got FE7 for christmas when it came out....i played it and at first i wasnt even sure i liked it..after months of it sitting with me not playing it, i finally gave it a serious go and i loved the series ever since..

First saw Marth+Roy in Melee,.

A few years later I was out Christmas shopping with my Mum and was looking at GBA games so I could ask her to get me one as a present. I saw FE8 (I was originally looking for Zelda: TMC) and was like "Hey, Marth and Roy from this!" and Eirika+Ephraim on the cover and thought "That must be Marth and his sister or something!"

Yeah, I pretty much did a Seth solo the first time I played, most non-promoted units died.

Seems like we all expected Roy and Marth in FE7, but still weren't disappointed

I joined FESS when FE7 was released overseas.

You wouldn't believe the amount of people asking if Roy and Marth were in that game.

I started with FE8 *Shoots Endgame before he can say it's not a true FE game*. I then got FE7 used from a Gamestop.

Later, I had to go on a trip to Japan with my high-school band. While I was there, I had the chance to buy FE6.

Yeah.

Endgame isn't here and if he was, I would ask the mods permission to flame and harass the living hell outta him.

Regertfully, my first Fire Emblem was Gaiden. I said to myself "Oh, it's a RPG after all!" then I got to some battles and I was a bit disappointed. The first true Fire Emblem experience I had was with Fire Emblem 4. Originally, I thought Sigurd was Marth. Then they say Sigurd is not Marth but oh well.

I'm deathsparatly trying to convince my father to use ebay so I can get my hand on fe6 and fe7.

NO! Don't go there and waste money! There's quite a bit on amazon.com that you can get for cheaper depending on the demand for it on ebay. Check your prices. However there's probably not gonna be any FE6 cartriges there.

Endgame isn't here and if he was, I would ask the mods permission to flame and harass the living hell outta him.

Thank God he's not here, and probably never will come here. The site's named after a place in FE9-10 after all.

Edited by Yourgranny

NO! Don't go there and waste money! There's quite a bit on amazon.com that you can get for cheaper depending on the demand for it on ebay. Check your prices.

Er, what? I just checked Ebay and FE7 doesn't cost any more there than it does on Amazon. =\

Fire Emblem 7, bought the game almost right after it came out in US, partly because a friend had it too and said it was interesting; I did think Eliwood looked a bit like Roy at first but knew it wasn't him and wasn't really playing the game for that anyway

FE7.

I picked up a catalog/magazine that advertised games for the holiday season from Gamestop in 2003. While I was looking through the GBA games, I noticed FE7 for its boxart and decided that I wanted the game for Christmas. I fell in love with the game as soon as I started playing, although I was rather disappointed by FE8 when it came out.

After that, I played FE6 on a cartridge and decided to join an FE forum. I hadn't wanted to play FE1-5 at the time because I didn't have an SNES/Super Famicom/Famicom, but a certain FE4 fansite that linked to the forums changed my mind.

Fire Emblem 7, bought the game almost right after it came out in US, partly because a friend had it too and said it was interesting; I did think Eliwood looked a bit like Roy at first but knew it wasn't him and wasn't really playing the game for that anyway
I pretty much was the same way. But as I mentioned before, I got FE7 after FEs 9 & 8.

My first FE experience are rather weird... Fire Emblem 7 was my first. I was aware of the series existence (and not because of Smash!), but in those days I was always late buying the games I wanted. At DT10 (a Dutch Smash tournament) I helped my now ex-boyfriend with various stuff. Okay, I didn't do anything Smash related other than introduce Captain Jack to typical Dutch snacks, but it was fun during the daytime. The hall was our (=me, his sister, two dogs and some other random non-smash players) area and we had Tetris, Dance Dance Revolution, board games... Evenings were kinda boring though, so he lend me his newest game: Fire Emblem. I played it during the boring hours and on my way home. I was glad I had something to play during the train ride back, because switching trains always takes 57 minutes at a certain trainstation... However, I didn't get to play much, because some creepy guy approached me and asked me if I was interested in a career as a stripper/prostitute. Okay, his exact words were "do you like to dance for people" and "can you give massages", but I knew what he meant.

Edited by Tamara

Wow, there's more people who played FE9 first than I thought.

FE7 was my first. I played the hell out of that game, along with FE8. I started losing interest in the GBA FEs when I first heard about FE4 and FE5 in 2007.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

Lol my friend sent me a VBA file through an e-mail and then I'm like...

hm... which game should I get first...

hm.... Pokemon? No.

Oh! Megaman! Wait. No.

Fire Emblem! Ah shit. I know Marth and Roy and Ike aren't in there.

Now what?

I'll download Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones! =D

Now I'll download Fire Emblem 7!

Now I'll download Thracia 776!

Now I'll download Fuuin no Tsurugi!

Now I'll replay them ALL!!!!! XD