I WANT MAH FE4 TROUBADOURS-->PALLIES BACK!

Liz

Funny how Eithlin was good at neither combat nor using staffs.

(Note: "staves" refers to the musical notational terms. "Staffs" refers to the plural of a the wooden stick-thing.)

Female paladins are quite ugly. I prefer Valkyries (be it GBA-style or Mist).

The only reason they aren't that great combat wise is because the base strength is pretty awful. In a non-FE4 setting, they would likely be more viable.

Also, locked to C-rank - which means no recover, reblow, rest or status staves, except for Nanna if you do Lachesis x Claude (which means giving up on her and Delmud's offensive usefulness - I'm totally doing it sometime).

And Janne? Probably worse than Nanna.

Change "probably" to "certainly".

(Note: "staves" refers to the musical notational terms. "Staffs" refers to the plural of a the wooden stick-thing.)

Dictionary.com says that both work

Edited by Anborn Arsar

True for FE4, definitely, though if they re-adopt Troubador -> Paladins, they will just have to work for their staff levels and won't be locked to E forever.

Well, FE5/9/10 are like that (if you consider Mist).

[Troub --> (sword-wielding) Valkyrie] > [Troub --> (staff-wielding) Paladin]

Isadora with staves? No thanks. I mean, that would be awesome, but it's not fitting.

Noun

staff (countable and uncountable; plural staffs or staves)

1. (plural: staffs or staves) a long, straight stick, especially one used to assist in walking.

2. (plural: staves) (music) A series of horizontal lines on which musical notes are written.

actually, i don't want female paladins to be like FE4 female paladins.

i just want the whole FE4 troubadour--> paladin i guess you could call it valkyrie now class to remain, but separate from the cavalier--> paladin. as in using swords and staffs, then getting lances.

kinda like Mist, only that she can use swords before promotion.

i just don't want my Valks to be given magic as their weapon again.

Say what? You don't want them to be good again?

Okay, not saying Mist was bad (I always use her) but she would have been better with tomes over Swords, in PoR at least, probably RD as well.

And Ethlin was really good for me....Nanna was okay.

Say what? You don't want them to be good again?

Okay, not saying Mist was bad (I always use her) but she would have been better with tomes over Swords, in PoR at least, probably RD as well.

And Ethlin was really good for me....Nanna was okay.

its more that i prefer to have a unit that uses BOTH the strength and magic stat, makes them more unique and stuff. with tomes, they're just mages who are mounted.

and they could always make magic weapons available for people like her. that actually use the magic stat. :mellow:

at least, that's how I see it.

I don't see why female Paladins/Valkyries/Whatever are automatically inferior because of swords. Just give them higher strength growth so they can deal out decent damage with non-magic swords and low-ish magic growth so they heal less than unmounted staff-users. Seems fairly balanced to me. =\

Minor Nitpick: Troubadours should have their name changed to Shieldmaiden.

I don't see why female Paladins/Valkyries/Whatever are automatically inferior because of swords. Just give them higher strength growth so they can deal out decent damage with non-magic swords and low-ish magic growth so they heal less than unmounted staff-users. Seems fairly balanced to me. =\

Minor Nitpick: Troubadours should have their name changed to Shieldmaiden.

indeed.

i feel as if the split strength/magic stats isn't being exploited to the fullest, actually.

i mean, if there isn't going to be some way for units to use them both, why bother?

that's why i support the Valkyries using swords instead of magic. gives the stat split a bit more of a reason to exist.

and i also believe that magic weapons should be more easily available in the games, and that there should be some melee units that have higher magic over strength growth. just to give the magic stat more use for all those classes that normally don't rely on it.

and yeah. i've always been bothered with the troubadour name, since the troubadour class is FAR from being one.

Edited by Persephone

I don't see why female Paladins/Valkyries/Whatever are automatically inferior because of swords.

In FE10, Mist can only cap strength at 25 during third tier, so you can guess why.

that's why i support the Valkyries using swords instead of magic. gives the stat split a bit more of a reason to exist.

Mist would be so awesome with a magic sword.

In FE10, Mist can only cap strength at 25 during third tier, so you can guess why.

That's not quite what I meant. What I was trying to say is the concept of having Troubadours, etc. using swords isn't necessarily a bad idea.