I have a Feedback Question

Deity

I also want to point that when someone like Masu doesn't want criticism he just ignores it, thus CIRCUMVENTING THE PROBLEM ENTIRELY.

I keep it in mind. But BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWing about it is a waste of time :/

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep it in mind. But BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWing about it is a waste of time :/

Exactly. If you don't want criticism, DON'T post a Feedback topic, and ignore the criticism you get. Just don't expect your writing to be good.

By the way, I recommend all people listen to and take criticism, but if you're not going to then the least you can do is not cry about it.

Exactly. If you don't want criticism, DON'T post a Feedback topic, and ignore the criticism you get. Just don't expect your writing to be good.

By the way, I recommend all people listen to and take criticism, but if you're not going to then the least you can do is not cry about it.

And this is like his 3rd feedback topic where the same shit happened. If he had any common sense he WOULDNT make one, almost sounds like he wants to look for a reason to baw and bitch, then try to report ppl and get them in trouble, which he fails HARD at.

I'm not responding to anyone in particular, just stating my own opinion.

I have no problem with feedback, negative or positive. In fact, I welcome it. That's just me personally. What I don't like is when people use it as an excuse to troll. I've found that some people read the story in order to deliberately find something wrong with it. They aren't reading it for any other reason than to criticise. Which I guess is fine, but if you criticise it with a nasty attitude, or you criticise something that is a matter of personal preference, that's when you irritate me. Criticism is fine, but you should treat the writer like a human.

So criticise all you want. But don't troll.

I have no problem with feedback, negative or positive. In fact, I welcome it. That's just me personally. What I don't like is when people use it as an excuse to troll. I've found that some people read the story in order to deliberately find something wrong with it. They aren't reading it for any other reason than to criticise. Which I guess is fine, but if you criticise it with a nasty attitude, or you criticise something that is a matter of personal preference, that's when you irritate me. Criticism is fine, but you should treat the writer like a human.

Please, point out who does this. I'm 99% sure I know who you're talking about, and if I'm right, then have fun letting me tear you a new asshole.

Please, point out who does this. I'm 99% sure I know who you're talking about, and if I'm right, then have fun letting me tear you a new asshole.

Well at least now theres some entertainment in this topic till loLki gets back on.

You are the ones who are wrong, period. Your insistence just shows how badly you want to win, because we all know here that whatever you say is the right thing. Wrong. Face it, you lost.

And this is why you you will never achieve anything in your miserable little life.

Let me throw in my two cents.

I don't agree with censoring feedback. If the writer doesn't want to see the feedback, he doesn't have to, that's what the Feedback forum is for. But readers should definitely be allowed to make comments on it whether the writer is reading them or not.

Loki, I've seen your feedback threads and not once have I seen Shuuda give anything but constructive criticism (That is, until you made your response, and we all know what happened then). Hell, you should feel lucky that he's willing to spend his time trying to help you improve! I've been lazy with my story, so I haven't gotten much feedback, but I would never flame someone for posting negative feedback unless it was obvious trolling.

Negative feedback is not trolling. Shuuda is a saint.

One of the truest statements in this thread.

It should be the writer's choice though. If they don't want feedback, a person should respect that. You may disagree with that Fox, but no one is going to stop you from allowing negative feedback. Just like Loki would want that you don't take away his right to disallow that in his topic.

It should be the writer's choice though. If they don't want feedback, a person should respect that. You may disagree with that Fox, but no one is going to stop you from allowing negative feedback. Just like Loki would want that you don't take away his right to disallow that in his topic.

IF YOU DONT WANT FEEDBACK THEN DONT MAKE A FUCKING FEEDBACK THREAD DUH.

That's what the feedback section is for. You post a feedback topic and never look back at it if you don't want to. Just because someone is too childish to hear people tell him his work isn't perfect doesn't give that person the right to disallow any commentary on it at all. And what if said person changes his mind and wants another's opinion? Look at that, feedback has already built up.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

You're just re-stating every failure Loki made in this thread, making this a loop. Also, read and comprehend the following:

It's a feedback subforum, not ass kissing. If you don't want such comments, don't make a feedback thread. If they post such comments in the writing thread, then they're obviously trolling and should be ignored.
Edited by Levin

It's not what I want. I welcome feedback. However, "feedback" is not necessarily "Criticism." The ladder of which I suppose is what we're discussing.

Perhaps the mindset of what "Feedback" is, should change. However, regardless of all that, it should be up to the writer to decide whether he wants criticism or not. Maybe the writer is just writitng to write without looking for any criticisms. Maybe he's just looking to see people discussing his work. Not everything needs to be put under a microscope and examined.

I don't know why you guys are getting so pissy about this. Chill out.

Edited by Lyle Dayek

No. If you make a feedback topic, you get feedback. Only wanting compliments is bullshit.

As for the mindset, people know what the word feedback means, I suggest looking it up since you seem to be unclear. There is no "compliment" area. Just feedback.

Edited by Death

It's not what I want. I welcome feedback. However, "feedback" is not necessarily "Criticism." The ladder of which I suppose is what we're discussing.

Perhaps the mindset of what "Feedback" is, should change. However, regardless of all that, it should be up to the writer to decide whether he wants criticism or not. Maybe the writer is just writitng to write without looking for any criticisms. Maybe he's just looking to see people discussing his work. Not everything needs to be put under a microscope and examined.

I don't know why you guys are getting so pissy about this. Chill out.

IF YOU DONT WANT FEEDBACK OR CRITICISM THEN DONT MAKE A FUCKING FEEDBACK THREAD DUH.

1. It's not what I want. I welcome feedback. However, "feedback" is not necessarily "Criticism." The ladder of which I suppose is what we're discussing.

2. Perhaps the mindset of what "Feedback" is, should change. However, regardless of all that, it should be up to the writer to decide whether he wants criticism or not. Maybe the writer is just writitng to write without looking for any criticisms. Maybe he's just looking to see people discussing his work. Not everything needs to be put under a microscope and examined.

3. I don't know why you guys are getting so pissy about this. Chill out.

1. Criticism is the best form of feedback. Without it, you're mostly gonna see just trolling attempts or lame ass kissing.

2. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/feedback

Those who want nothing but compliments are those that need to change their mindset. Again, it's the feedback subforum, the not the ass kissing section.

3. Having to repeat the same thing over and over again because some1's not comprehending previous attempts can get irritating. Try posting something Loki already hasn't and then you can tell people to chill out.

Edited by Levin

No. If you make a feedback topic, you get feedback. Only wanting compliments is bullshit.

As for the mindset, people know what the word feedback means, I suggest looking it up since you seem to be unclear. There is no "compliment" area. Just feedback.

There's also not "Criticism". Just feedback.

That could be anything, compliments, discussion, what that person would do instead, criticism. Feedback is a fairly general term. If someone doesn't want "Criticism" but does want "feedback" they should be allowed to make that descision. IF you don't like that the writer doesn't want criticism, you don't HAVE to read his or her story.

I think Loki's main problem is the attitude that people present with their criticisms. People seem to go into a "holier than thou" state and start mandateing that the person needs to do something differently in order to meet their standards. A writer doesn't write for a critic. They write for themselves.

You can not pick and choose what types of feedback you get. Like I said, it is not a compliment topic, it is a feedback topic. Maybe you should write better if you don't want people to tell you how you could improve, but how would you go about doing that? Oh, maybe, listen to criticism to improve. *Gasp*

I think Loki's main problem is the attitude that people present with their criticisms. People seem to go into a "holier than thou" state and start mandateing that the person needs to do something differently in order to meet their standards. A writer doesn't write for a critic. They write for themselves.

Nothing but empty words. Also, if he were writing for himself, then why the hell is he posting it on a site for all to see? What's wrong with notepad/open office?

EDIT: Death's post once again makes more sense than all the empty words you keep throwing. End the loop.

Edited by Levin

There's also not "Criticism". Just feedback.

That could be anything, compliments, discussion, what that person would do instead, criticism. Feedback is a fairly general term. If someone doesn't want "Criticism" but does want "feedback" they should be allowed to make that descision. IF you don't like that the writer doesn't want criticism, you don't HAVE to read his or her story.

the fact that you are repating what you said to shuuda when you fought with him in your topic verbatim shows that you most likely mean to target shuuda with most of your posts about feedback.

Also, if you cant take criticism, get the fuck over it and suck it up. We're frickin 15-20 here. If you cant take criticism on a internet forum then god knows how you'll handle it IRL. Also, if you're wondering why theres never "discussion" about the stories, its because the author always reacts in a utterly retarded way towards shuuda when he points out things, and wont listen, other people try to get it through to the author, and the author continues to go |"LOL WUT IM NOT LISTENING FOR YOU ALL OBVIOUSLY ARE TROLLING ME"

Once again, these are your choices:

Write, and dont post it on SF

Write and DONT make a feedback topic

Write, make a feedback topic, and suck it up if you get criticism

I have no clue why you guys are getting so pissed off about this.

Whether you agree or not, it should be the writer's choice. I'm with you guys, I'm happy to get criticisms in my threads. However, I can understand Loki's position.