Yu-Gi-Oh! is officially dead

Destiny Hero

Just as an FYI, I'm pretty sure the story came first, then the card game. So this isn't quite the same as Pokemon that started as a game, then turned into a horrible TV show. It happened in reverse, the horrible TV show (and books) spawned the not-so-horrible card game.

And the series lost my interest about a year ago. So many bans and new cards that changed the rules too much. I lost track of everything.

I hated when my key cards kept getting banned... first Black Luster Soldier (Envoy), Chaos Emperor Dragon and then they just couldn't stop there and had to ban the weaker but still awesome Chaos Sorcerer >_>. Damn those stupid bans.

Also:

ygolg1.jpg

Edited by Levin

just because the tourney's are over doesn't mean anything

Tournaments canceled = game has lost support from producers = game will no longer be produced = game dies

Just as an FYI, I'm pretty sure the story came first, then the card game. So this isn't quite the same as Pokemon that started as a game, then turned into a horrible TV show. It happened in reverse, the horrible TV show (and books) spawned the not-so-horrible card game.

And the series lost my interest about a year ago. So many bans and new cards that changed the rules too much. I lost track of everything.

Yes. One year ago. That's when the surge of quitting players began. I left just a year ago, too. Same month.

I didn't even know people still played Magic. The cards all seem to random and uninspired. It seems like anything you can think of is a Magic card. And the cards are pretty ugly. But I probably just think that because I play the Naruto CCG which has orgasmic card pictures, so yeah.

But for a card game based on a TV show, it's pretty shocking how complete Naruto is. And the creators are completely in touch with the players. They're on their 12th booster right now and it's been going for about two years.

Well that is because you are still a kid so YGO and Naruto cards are more appealing than Magic cards that are darker. And actually Magic has a story for each set or something like that, there are Magic novels, so it isn't really uninspired.

But I digress.

I played YGO a long time ago, but changed to Magic because it was cheaper and made more sense than YGO. There were a lot of broken cards that eventually got banned. Still It is a shame because the game is actually fun to play with your friends... I hope things get better.

Well that is because you are still a kid so YGO and Naruto cards are more appealing than Magic cards that are darker. And actually Magic has a story for each set or something like that, there are Magic novels, so it isn't really uninspired.

But I digress.

I played YGO a long time ago, but changed to Magic because it was cheaper and made more sense than YGO. There were a lot of broken cards that eventually got banned. Still It is a shame because the game is actually fun to play with your friends... I hope things get better.

The reason why I hate Magic is because the card texts look pretty lazy, the cards are very visually unappealing, and card names are terrible. There's too much of random, generic things I'd expect to see from World of Warcraft.

The reason why I hate Magic is because the card texts look pretty lazy, the cards are very visually unappealing, and card names are terrible. There's too much of random, generic things I'd expect to see from World of Warcraft.

Actually the flavor texts are really cool, at least better than those of YGO. As for the cards being unappealing well that is something very subjective so we can't really argue that. Still we don't want to get off topic so lets stop here.

Holy fuck, Chaos Sorcerer was banned? But its a fucking common card! I even have a copy, and it doesn't seem too broken to me.

I stopped playing years ago when I noticed that each new expansion obsoleted the last.

What do you mean not broken??? it removed a creature just like that, summoning it was extremely easy and his is powerful ( I think he had 2300 atk) Cards like this are what make YGO unappealing to me, cards were even too damn useless or extremely powerful. The game wasn't really well planned in my opinion, still it is fun.

What do you mean not broken??? it removed a creature just like that, summoning it was extremely easy and his is powerful ( I think he had 2300 atk) Cards like this are what make YGO unappealing to me, cards were even too damn useless or extremely powerful. The game wasn't really well planned in my opinion, still it is fun.

IIRC, you have to remove a LIGHT and a DARK monster from your graveyard to use its effect.

IIRC, you have to remove a LIGHT and a DARK monster from your graveyard to use its effect.

Mmm I dont think so (but you may be right since I haven't seen the card in a long time) I remember that you had to remove a LIGHT and DARK monster just to summon it, but then you either attack with Chaos Sorcerer or use his effect just like that.

Eh, I lost my interest in Yu-Gi-Oh after reading the first issue of the manga. Now, the Yu-Gi-Oh manga is badass! The anime? It really does suck monkey tits. Now, I've only read the first volume, so I don't know if they eventually do call out the card game, but I liked Yu-Gi-Oh better when they had the more sadistic Yugi there playing mind games with all of the bad guys.

And thats why I dislike the fandom; they seem to concentrate too much on the card game and not enough on the original, highly sadistic Yugi that has no place in the anime. Mind you, I don't want this thing to die; I just wish that the fandom would concentrate less on the fucking cards...

Eh, I lost my interest in Yu-Gi-Oh after reading the first issue of the manga. Now, the Yu-Gi-Oh manga is badass! The anime? It really does suck monkey tits. Now, I've only read the first volume, so I don't know if they eventually do call out the card game, but I liked Yu-Gi-Oh better when they had the more sadistic Yugi there playing mind games with all of the bad guys.

Well, it wasn't their fault the card games were so popular, even if they were there for only one episode.

I went to regional once and placed pretty high with my machine deck. That was the last deck I had, it had Cyber end dragon :o XD

I remember the woodland lock deck and the chaos deck, they just banned too many cards to stop stuff. And Choas decks weren't that bad. Just have a decent side deck.

I'm getting YVD again just cause Yugioh was so much fun