Gentlemen, we've made some progress.

Herr Wozzeck

http://news.aol.com/article/osama-bin-laden/346844

Thoughts?

I think that it's about time they got close to tracking down this motherfucker. The sooner this guy gets captured, the better, I think; he's a very tangible threat to world security since he's a source of motivation for the terrorists. Of course, I say this without actually being sure of what he's been doing in the 'caves', so feel free to correct me if there's some factual evidence I missed.

Can't say I consider him a particularly big threat to world security anymore. I don't think he can become that again without toning down the secrecy a huge deal, and if he does that, he's probably dead meat. There are other terrorists out there who are now important to deal with, because they don't have to hide in a cave/compound/whatever all the time. I'd also like to know precisely what this "motivation" he provides is. The dude's obviously scum and it'd be great if we caught him (Though really, considering how many other false alarms there have been over the past few years this one probably isn't right either), but I simply don't see how doing so would really help solve any problems beyond "finding bin Ladin."

Edited by Fruitloop Multipuck

Good thing too. When he's caught the war on terror will be over, Iraq's ethnic factions will lay down their arms and vote with their consciences, and we will finally have peace in the Middle East.

Hallelujah, praise Allah.

Good thing too. When he's caught the war on terror will be over, Iraq's ethnic factions will lay down their arms and vote with their consciences, and we will finally have peace in the Middle East.

Hallelujah, praise Allah.

I think I came.

peace in the Middle East.

*sniggers*

:D

Bin Laden is a figurehead and capturing him would be very good for the morale of westerners fatigued with the Middle East, if only for a short time.

For this reason I am sure that the various organizations that backed him have kept him hidden as a top priority.

There are many theories as to why the Middle East is in the predicament it is, ranging from Zionism (and Israel), to European Imperialism, to Islam, to the after effects of the Cold War when the US and the USSR were bullying everyone around.

I don't know if any of these are true, and I've debated people more knowledgeable than me on the issue and they all have differing opinions. Being opinionated like I am, I like running my mouth off about what I think should or shouldn't be done, but I honestly dont have an answer for this one. I neither think that we should ignore the Middle East, nor do I believe that US involvement in it for the last 60 odd years has been entirely for the benefit of anyone, though I do consider myself a firm Israel supporter.

http://news.aol.com/article/osama-bin-laden/346844

Thoughts?

I think that it's about time they got close to tracking down this motherfucker. The sooner this guy gets captured, the better, I think; he's a very tangible threat to world security since he's a source of motivation for the terrorists. Of course, I say this without actually being sure of what he's been doing in the 'caves', so feel free to correct me if there's some factual evidence I missed.

Yeah, they have at least a conclusion on where he resides, so what if they find him?

It's not they're gonna kill him, you all want that don't you?

and we will finally have peace in the Middle East.

As hilarious as that bit of sarcasm is, I'm actually not expecting peace in the whole Middle East once we catch Bin Laden.

wait, didn't this war finish already?

No; what happened was that Iraq detracted all of the attention away from Afganistan, so the major focus got put on Iraq and Afganistan is basically not being talked about even though both lines are equally important. (The shift in focus is partly the reason why bin Laden got away in the first place; if we had kept up the offensive, we could have caught bin Laden right then and there.)

Edited by Iannis Xenakis