Preferred reclass?

_____

Mine would be...

Sniper Abel (after promotion or archer before promotion for some bow EXP)

Sniper Cain (same as Abel)

Hero Barst (mixture of Fighter, Merc, Hero and General depending on how things go)

General Darros (gonna experiment on this one, 60% DEF growth seems to compensate for 1 SPD as AK and 5 SPD as General)

Paladin/Draco Knight Catria

Cord (same as barst)

Wolf & Sedgar (broken as Generals. Trust me, this is always an understatement in Sedgar's case)

Curate Merric (sage after promotion)

Edited by Levin

General Darros (gonna experiment on this one, 60% DEF growth seems to compensate for 1 SPD as AK and 5 SPD as General)

No way. That right there is getting doubled like crap. Even on lolNM. Never mind that you're never going to get him anywhere on H5 since enemies will be too busy doubling and owning the crap out of him.

And ^^^...weren't you to be named Kashim just a second ago?

No way. That right there is getting doubled like crap. Even on lolNM. Never mind that you're never going to get him anywhere on H5 since enemies will be too busy doubling and owning the crap out of him.

10 level ups means +6 def on average so he should have 18 DEF quite soon and be able to tank well. Getting doubled doesn't mean a damn when you're taking 0 damage from most enemies. He's likely to have 20 DEF before level 20, you could promote him at that point if 24 DEF becomes necessary necessary and do remember that brave weapon users average 26-27 atk and he'll do enough with Ridersbane which aren't difficult to get. The main problem is the early game:

12 DEF (60% growth though) doesn't sound decent enough at first and E on lances means no Javelins so he has to attack directly at fist... which is actually beneficial for your curate.

Put simply: I think AK Darros is a unit worth "babying" for those that aren't using W & Z in H5. Just a theory but I will test it on the playthrough I'm recording (chapter 1 is up right now).

Edited by Levin

The DM is an excellent class, actually, it's definitely better than Mage, and Merric would want to be Sorcerer if that option was open. The problem is that the best one you can get [Caesar] is only below-average.

I rarely use reclass.

For my first NM playthrough:

Alternate Barst/Ogma between Fighter and Merc.

Shiida stayed Peg Knight, until I turned her into Sniper for the A Bow. And she was Myrm in the Jake chapter.

General Wolf, later Hero.

Then in HM I did some Cleric Merricing and Mage Renaing. And in my current Gordin solo I have Sedgar as a General to play meatshield, I reclassed a faceless Mage into Cleric for healing purposes, and Gordin has turned Cavalier the moment he could. Had him as a Mage for 6x to get up his tome level, and I will probably turn him Dracoknight at some point just to get his axe level up.

The DM is an excellent class, actually, it's definitely better than Mage, and Merric would want to be Sorcerer if that option was open. The problem is that the best one you can get [Caesar] is only below-average.
It's things like this that make me say DMs suck. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. It's just not a lot of the guys whose job range is job set numero dos can take good advantage of it IMO. Edited by Little Al