Exploding chair kills boy

uguu

I attribute this to poor construction of the chair. The compression that is allegedly caused by this shouldn't be enough to cause that kind of thing...

But still, that is really fucking scary. Good thing I work on an old-fashioned wooden chair.

I seriously question the veracity of this story. If the chair showed in that article is the one which exploded, where's the blood on it ? :/

You do make a good point , the boy did bleed to death

I seriously question the veracity of this story. If the chair showed in that article is the one which exploded, where's the blood on it ? :/

He was probably forced off of the chair from the force of the explosion if that's the case. Remember this is a child we're talking about here; it takes less to force a shocked child off of a chair than it does a shocked adult.

You guys are getting scared of office chairs because of one instance when the chair exploded?

Unless there's some kind of outbreak with exploding office chairs, I'm still going to sit on mine when on my laptop.

Same here, just because one does doesn't mean all of them are going to go boom.

Edited by Siegfried

Anything can go wrong in a catastrophic way. However, I'd say off the top of my head that the odds of this exact event or similar repeating is so slim that there's no cause for any real concern.

Most of us here will probably die deaths that are rather usual. Don't worry about chairs, worry about heart disease and cancer.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this moment.

Funny you mention it, because I think an office supplies made in China joke would be a bit cruel...

As for no blood on the chair, along with most likely being blasted off it, the first reaction I think one would do when shards of metal is blown up their rectum is to not be on whatever did it. Even if the kid wasn't blow off it, I'd think the kid would have toppled off of it due to pain and...not wanting to be sitting on what blew shards of metal up their butt.

Funny you mention it, because I think an office supplies made in China joke would be a bit cruel...

I didn't say it had anything to do with office supplies being made in China, I just find it somewhat funny that a chair exploded and killed someone with shard of metal going up his arse. While I do sympathise for the boy and his family, there's two side to everything and I'm finding one stronger than the other at the moment.

Edited by Lachesis

I didn't say it had anything to do with office supplies being made in China, I just find it somewhat funny that a chair exploded and killed someone with shard of metal going up his arse. While I do sympathise for the boy and his family, there's two side to everything and I'm finding one stronger than the other at the moment.

I know you didn't, I was just saying I could relate as that was the first thing my brain thought up before the guilt hit. Was just trying to relate a point is all.