Wi-fi thread

Robert

If this is original-

Post your wi-fi team building/advice/experiences/questions/sharing your teams ect...

I have two questions-

after you beat the game, will you be able to buy weapons, forge, reclass, and do cross file team building?

also, do weapons and items break or have infinite uses during matches. Are they reset?

Edited by Asvel

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. You will only be able to buy weapons and items from the online shop, and you will not be able to forge. However, you will still be able to reclass. You can only select units from one file, I'm afraid.

2. Items and weapons can break online. They'll start with whatever uses they ended with during the main adventure, and it's reset to that number after each wifi match.

Here's just some extra advice;

I would recommend making a seperate file specifically for building a wifi team if you haven't done so already. Plan out the team, their classes/weapons, who will likely be getting the stat boosters, etc. The best classes from class set A are Swordmasters, Snipers, and Paladins/Falconknights for tanking/scouting purposes. Class set B's classes of choice are Horsemen and Berserkers. Every teams needs a Sage/Sorcerer as well.

Arena abuse like heck in a wifi file. All weapons brought into wifi with the exception of the Gradivus should be forged with maxed power, good hit, and crit if you're not using a Dazzle card. As you can imagine, you'll need a lot of money for that. Keep in mind that Brave weapons are sold in the online shop on weekends, and it will take you a month to get a complete set of them. Make every weapon/item slot count. If you're giving a forged Brave Sword to someone, don't bother giving that unit a Silver Sword or something just to fill up space. Instead give a forged Armorslayer, Wyrmslayer, a Pure Water...anything that might be helpful.

Edited by Narshen

Ok thanks.

I am planning to have two sages for healing/swarm/warp/and offensive magic tomes/staves.

a flier for movement, ambush, and scouting in FOW.

a ballistican, freelancer, or manakete perhaps?

and a brawler for physical combat.

Just keep in mind, because you get swarm in the last chapter, you can't forge it.

Don't use manaketes. ballisticans are good, but need a scout, if you have only 1 scout and it dies, your screwed. I'd say use a high-def paladin as a scout.

Make sure to get the Secret Shop items, because they are the most important factor to amking a WiFi team.

EDIT: about braves, you only get 3 or each kind ever (per save file). So for anyone wanting to make a team of 5 swordmasters, don't expect to give them all brave swords.

EDIT EDIT:

http://vgdistrict.com/showthread.php?t=31881

There is some stuff I wrote about WiFi teams, you can read it if you want. It's quite long though >.>;;

Edited by Sylvan

I want to make an incredibly unorthodox team for wifi using people like Jeorge, Caeda, maybe eve Marth, and so on . Any idea how I should go about making such a team without it being massive fail?

I want to make an incredibly unorthodox team for wifi using people like Jeorge, Caeda, maybe eve Marth, and so on . Any idea how I should go about making such a team without it being massive fail?

To be blunt, I can't see it working. Maybe Shiida as a swordmaster. Jeorge just is too weak to be useful, and Marth caps too low.

I think Shiida is better as a sniper. That way you won't have to worry too much about her def and HP.

Jeorge? Well, no... just, no...

Marth is going to get doubled and he doesn't have excellent def to help him survive like a paladin does. He doesn't have enough movement to scout, so he's one of the units that should focus on attack. But he can't double... I guess you should give him swords with high crit rates. Too bad his magic stat can't be manipulated, or you'd have a decent Levin sword user.

Edited by Tamara

Shiida/Jeorge don't have any 0% growths. Meaning they can be RNG abused to cap everything, meaning they're fine. Shiida is actually one of the best characters since she can be abused to cap everything except as a mage: Plus she supports a ton of other units to boot.

...This is why Wi-fi sucks. It's Radiant Dawn all over again: It comes down to caps and supports.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Do you really have to say that every single topic?

sure

why not

and you can keep saying that maxed stats and forged braves don't limit versatility and limit the game's options, that doesn't make it any more true

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Yes, Shiida rules because everyone likes to spend HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of hours to RNG abusing units. And for what kind of advantage? More res? Hah, as if that's going to protect you against forged brave axes and the like.

How about you actually put a perfectly RNG abused team together and play some WiFi games. Show us how it's done.

Yes, Shiida rules because everyone likes to spend HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of hours to RNG abusing units.

why not? Kinda have to do it if you're going to compete on wifi

furthermore, hours? Abusing her str/def/HP hardly takes hours. Those are the only stats she needs refined, and her growths in them don't even suck that bad.

And for what kind of advantage? More res?

A: I already blatantly said supports

B: try crit/avo to any other unit, whom can be abused in the exact same manner

How about you actually put a perfectly RNG abused team together

The RNG abuse theory has been proven. Why do I need to prove something already proven?

and play some WiFi games. Show us how it's done.

I'd sooner castrate myself and feed it to an alligator than even consider playing your crappy game with less depth than the kid's wading pool.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

You proved it was possible to manipulate the RNG. We acklowedge that. What you do not acknowledge is that it would still take insane amounts of time to get the results you want.

furthermore, hours? Abusing her str/def/HP hardly takes hours. Those are the only stats she needs refined, and her growths in them don't even suck that bad.

Are you contradicting yourself? You were talking about raising every stats, weren't you? If you weren't, why bring up mage growths?

If you want a unit with good strength, def and HP, as well as speed and skill, pick a unit that has good growths! Frey, Abel, Kain, the pegasus sisters...

Support bonuses aren't that important. Depending on your team and strategy your units may not even be close enough to support.

RNG abuse is not needed on wifi. Legit teams can beat RNG abused teams quite easily. I have played over 700 matches, and know full well how to beat RNG abuse. I've played plenty of hackers, people with impossibly strong weapons and all max stats, yet I still win. So all this nonsense about RNG abuse being needed is complete junk. I've yet to play anyone who has convinced me otherwise.

What you do not acknowledge is that it would still take insane amounts of time to get the results you want.

okay

it can still be done

Are you contradicting yourself? You were talking about raising every stats, weren't you?

...Yes?

If you weren't, why bring up mage growths?

...I said she can be abused to make a good everything BUT mage.

If you want a unit with good strength, def and HP, as well as speed and skill, pick a unit that has good growths!

why? I only a need a unit with 1% growths to know they can cap everything

Frey, Abel, Kain, the pegasus sisters...

who end up EXACTLY the same as Shiida minus support bonuses

Support bonuses aren't that important.

Support bonuses>Nothing. It's a matter of support bonuses or nothing on a unit with otherwise equal stats.

...i'll take the option that isn't nothing.

RNG abuse is not needed on wifi.

rly?

all your teams being max stat with braves sez otherwise

rly?

all your teams being max stat with braves sez otherwise

huh? Since when does my team have all max stats and braves?

I have ogma as a sorcerer. I use marth, who does not have a brave weapon at all. I use Bord, who has 11 speed. Only 3/5 units have max hp. Only 1 has max def. None have max speed. Most have brave weapons, but I don't use them. Killer and hand axes get me further than braves ever would.

and you expect me to believe that's even going to compete against max stats/forged braves?

I've gotten Lindas with capped defense. I can make blatant lies, too.

Yes, you can make blatant lies. But I am not lying.

I have won 619 battles out of 723. With no losses in the last 20 battles. My team has marth, ogma (sorcerer), barst (berserker), bord (warrior) and cord (berserker) in that order. If I really wanted to I could write out all their stats and equipment. I could even take a photo of it. If you refuse to take facts as evidence, then you've already lost this argument.

RNG abuse is not needed on wifi. Legit teams can beat RNG abused teams quite easily. I have played over 700 matches, and know full well how to beat RNG abuse. I've played plenty of hackers, people with impossibly strong weapons and all max stats, yet I still win. So all this nonsense about RNG abuse being needed is complete junk. I've yet to play anyone who has convinced me otherwise.

This is such a laughable claim. You're assuming that every player who RNG abuses is strategically incompetent - your defense for no RNG abuse is that you've beaten RNG abused teams easily, yet you choose not to consider that large disparities in player skill was the factor. What if you fought an equally skilled opponent who had an RNG abused team with full supports? I can assure that he will win every time, without doubt. RNG abuse beats no RNG abuse on the same level of play.

I've beaten stooges on AWDOR Wifi with Waylon on Ground maps.

Waylon for God tier, Will and Brenner for low tier. Becuz, you know, Will and Brenner aren't required to win battles, not that they don't have such a ridiculous edge over Waylon on ground maps, and even AIR maps. No. Waylon sucks. Just like your team sucks. Beating a bunch of people with the intellect level of Moe, Larry, and Curly does not make it good. Just like beating a bunch of scrubs on AWDOR does not make Waylon good. Just like beating far superior characters with solid players controlling them does not make Zangief good [but Pony is still a god]

I have won 619 battles out of 723. With no losses in the last 20 battles. My team has marth, ogma (sorcerer), barst (berserker), bord (warrior) and cord (berserker) in that order. If I really wanted to I could write out all their stats and equipment. I could even take a photo of it. If you refuse to take facts as evidence, then you've already lost this argument.

Hm? I am perfectly capable of accepting facts.

You play strategically incompetent people who use Jeigan, Jeorge, and some other crap without abusing them and they're also poorly equipped because no braves.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

*yawn*

My 92% critical hit rate is more than enough to win me the game. Especally when most braves I fight end up with a 60% regular hit rate.

You've just proven you have no idea what your talking about. . . so your opinion is about as valid to this discussion as a swimmer player in a cricket match.

Edited by Sylvan