Why was this game released in Europe before North America?

There probably is no real reason. According to one source (I don't know how reliable they are though), it seems the European localisation team just used the North American script and edited some names (looking at early screenshots, this seems to be true).

So basically the NA localisation was almost certainly complete by the time the EU version came out. I'm guessing NOA decided to wait a while, for marketing reasons or something (since NOE went for a around-Christmas release, which, along with a limited stock of the game, didn't help the game's sales...).

I think the Question isn't why, but why does it matter. US along with Japan get most things first anyway (I'm sure we all know why) so this isn't going to hurt you guys that much. Australia has it much worst.

How it works is Australia gets pretty much most movies, games etc... last because of economics or geographic isolation or something like that.

Well that sucks.

Maybe somebody with power to fix this would take notice if most of Australia had a strike everyday of the week until it was fixed.

Edited by Navarre

The classic case was Smash Bros Brawl. Our release date was announced the day it was released in USA. And it had already been delayed in the US.

Most our games are also abhorrently expensive, compared to overseas prices.

Well that sucks.

Maybe somebody with power to fix this would take notice if most of Australia had a strike everyday of the week until it was fixed.

Lol, even if that were to happen it wouldn't help. Most of us here are just used to it if we haven't already taken actions to counter it (Getting it imported etc...)

Most our games are also abhorrently expensive, compared to overseas prices.
Well a dollar is 2/3 pounds and our games are like 50 dollars so if I did my math right... 33 pounds over there? And apparently most of your games are like 30-35 pounds so... abhorrently expensive my asshole.

Well a dollar is 2/3 pounds and our games are like 50 dollars so if I did my math right... 33 pounds over there? And apparently most of your games are like 30-35 pounds so... abhorrently expensive my asshole.

We don't use pounds >.> it's in Australian dollars

For a DS game it's usually around $70 when its first released so that's about $44 US, so games are cheaper over there than they are here if you convert the currencies and stuff.

Edited by Bananas

Most wii games retail for $100 and DS games for $70. But up till last year, our dollar was worth .9 USD. Now, the AUS dollar is worth .6, which is why they appear cheap for Americans. But if you tried to buy a game before the global financial crisis, you'd be screaming blue murder.

To try and imagine it, just re-write all american wii game prices with $100 instead of whatever they are now ($50?)

33 pounds over there? And apparently most of your games are like 30-35 pounds so... abhorrently expensive my asshole.

We aren't that isolated lol. We did update our currency a while ago from our oh so cruel Prison Warden masters.

On a side note, I love how British people over here say claim the credit for Australia being Awesome, but we were meant to be the scum of society in the motherland back in the day lol).

Edited by shane3x