... You can use the Sealed Sword to heal hp! o_o

Roxas

Did you know?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. xD

• Of course! :)
    • lolwut?

Don't sound too proud of yourself. You really can't win a discussion that nobody cared about in the first place, especially since this seems to be a topic for you to show off your Japanese skills rather than something to win.

Don't sound too proud of yourself. You really can't win a discussion that nobody cared about in the first place, especially since this seems to be a topic for you to show off your Japanese skills rather than something to win.

QFT

...that. was. epic.

It's always fun when two people team up to try and belittle someone. However, that won't work on me. I'm not going to bother responding properly to a troll post like that.

In FEDS (not sure about 1/3) you can use Hauteclere to recover 10 HP too, and Gradivus recovers ALL your HP... Gradivus is WAY too broken, methinks...

I'll jump in. Hauteclere didn't exist in FE1/3. Gradivus does. Its effect is different depending on which game is being played:

FE1: Can be used to heal (don't know by how much)

FE3: Doubles EXP gained in battle

Of course this meant the Gradivus healing came as a surprise to most people.

The Sword of Seals (Why do people keep calling it Sealed Sword? Because they call it that in Brawl?

US versions Brawl refer to FE6 as Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade which suggests that was a working title for the FE6 localisation a lot of working titles are included, bit genreations are refered to as digiluxe which si the title they were going to be released under until NOA dropped GBa support to focus on the DS.

I don't know if it would be called Binding Blade though :(

I recall Melee refering to it as Sword of Seals though...

End of the day translations are not an exact science. You are free to use whatever translation you like but trying to enforce them onto others usually doesn't get far.

I lost faith when they translated "ankoku" into "shadow" just to get a gimmicky SD acronym.

Just a bit of curiosity, you didn't lose faith when Trial of the Blue Flame became Path of Radiance?

The Sword of Seals (Why do people keep calling it Sealed Sword? Because they call it that in Brawl? Fuuin means Seal, Tusurgi means Sword, Fuuin no Tusurgi = [Tsurugi] of [Fuuin] alternatively [Fuuin]'s [Tsurugi], or simply an approximate translation. Using Fuuin no Tsurugi, which point to a sword related to seals in some way, rather than something to clearly point that the sword is SEALED or that it clearly SEALS away things would have suggested a better translation, but given that it's not entirely clear what the title is intended to mean as it's true both ways, the only good way to translate it is the Sword of Seals. Unless we get a translation from English-competent offical people or an interview or comment specifically stated that the translation is supposed to point one way, using anything but Sword of Seals makes you look like an idiot.) has way too few uses.

Sword of Iron = Iron Sword = same text

I'll jump in. Hauteclere didn't exist in FE1/3. Gradivus does. Its effect is different depending on which game is being played:

FE1: Can be used to heal (don't know by how much)

FE3: Doubles EXP gained in battle

Of course this meant the Gradivus healing came as a surprise to most people.

US versions Brawl refer to FE6 as Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade which suggests that was a working title for the FE6 localisation a lot of working titles are included, bit genreations are refered to as digiluxe which si the title they were going to be released under until NOA dropped GBa support to focus on the DS.

I don't know if it would be called Binding Blade though :(

I recall Melee refering to it as Sword of Seals though...

End of the day translations are not an exact science. You are free to use whatever translation you like but trying to enforce them onto others usually doesn't get far.

Just a bit of curiosity, you didn't lose faith when Trial of the Blue Flame became Path of Radiance?

Yeah, Binding Blade was even worse. Working name for FE6 localization during development was Maiden of Darkness.

Path/trial of the blue flame would've sounded silly in English.

Yeah, Binding Blade was even worse. Working name for FE6 localization during development was Maiden of Darkness.

You sound silly in English.

There we go, with the handwaving and trying to make others look worse than they are.
Oh, come on. There's no harm in a little fun, is there?
Really? Is there like a "waste sword of seals by healing yourself" option now? I never heard of this before. XD
It only heals 20 HP or something too, which is kinda useless considering you have +5 in both defenses now...
Wasn't it Traces in Japanese :?

Still, Traces of the Blue Flame was definitely cooler than Path of Radiance.

Edited by Nathan Graves

Oh, come on. There's no harm in a little fun, is there?

It only heals 20 HP or something too, which is kinda useless considering you have +5 in both defenses now...

Wasn't it Traces in Japanese :?

Still, Traces of the Blue Flame was definitely cooler than Path of Radiance.

*Brandishes New Nelson*

Well, first kanji means "Blue", second means Fire. My dictionary lacks a direct link, but it's safe to asume it does indeed mean blue flame.

That's funny, my dictionary defines second two kanji as meaning "Wagon tracks". Yeah. Not spot-on, but it could certainly be a double meaning. First kanji literally means "Trail" or "Road", second literally means "Trace", "Track", "Mark", etc.

So yeah. Path of the Blue Flame or Trail of the Blue Flame is a fine translation, but it really does sound weird. I guess a blue flame might have some special meaning in Japanese, but it certainly doesn't in English AFAIK.

@Nestling: Your mom sounds silly in English.