Star Ocean 4

Rei

Anyone have this yet? I've currently gotten my 4th character and I've beaten the 2nd boss so far. It's different, but still fun. It's like, they brought back some of the skill system from SO2 and combined some elements of SO3 as well as adding a bunch of other stuff. It's different though.

yeah especially since this game is much better than SF4

That is irrelevant, think of the SF fan base, and think of all who are willing to try it becuase it has 3D graphics now. The marketing for the game is amazing, since nothing else big comes out at the time so people see something and they haven't bought a game in a while so yippie, same with R5 they are both capcom and popular series so no skin off their nose

Uh, Star Ocean is an extremely successful RPG series, usually considered one of the high-end RPGs and always sells well. This game will sell great either way. Not everyone will be playing SF4 or RE5. Same wth this game, but they will definitely get amazing sales.

Y'see doom. What you DONT do, is fangirl over other games, in topics unrelated to them.

Also, I got my 4th character also (the rei loli) and im in the dungeon as im typing this message.

All of the Gears of Wars fans who hate RE5's controls can give Star Ocean 4 a try.

All of the Guilty Gear/Melty Blood people probably don't care about SF4, and thus can give SO4 a try.

Anyway, I'm a huge Star Ocean 2/3 fan, so I definitely want SO4, and hope to get it. SO3's battle system was amazing.

Edited by Chainey

I must be the only person on Earth who doesn't like Star Ocean and finds it boring.

*runs from topic*

and ur a furry.

Just got my 6th character in SO4.

Edited by Rei

lol smart idea to release a game in between SF4 and RE5

Yeah I know those RPGs are going to kil...

I must be the only person on Earth who doesn't like Star Ocean and finds it boring.

*runs from topic*

Well I remember hearing someone say like this about Star Ocean. "Once you've played one you play them all. You're Captain Kirk and you breach the prime directive..."

I can imagine if I cared for modern JRPGs I've never owned systems exactly full of them I would be fuming since Square-Enix gave Europe an awesome gift. Wait 2 months as we've region locked the US(+Japanese+Asian) versions for no reason (and those all came out simultaniously*). The worst part is it'll still be out before Tales of Vesperia (also region locked)...gets a release date.

I'm starting to see more and more why the game-by-game reigon locking of the Xbox360 might as well mean everything region lcoked...who knows Microsoft 3rd time lucky will it be...sure was with Sony

*-Don't get me wrong Square-Enix are getting better at it (the Dragon Quest remakes are basically simultanious between Anerica and Europe) but they've got a long, long way to go.

:D

I've already passed that part and watched it in HD :D

I prefer to have at least 6% HP/MP so I pretty much never have to heal or use blackberries while letting all of my chars use skills.

Here's the shower scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNEz1P2F7cA

Though the sound is badly off-sync in the vid :(

Edited by Rei

I've already passed that part and watched it in HD :D

I prefer to have at least 6% HP/MP so I pretty much never have to heal or use blackberries while letting all of my chars use skills.

Yea that is highly useful to. I am giving my 360 a break atm since I have been playing SO4 for hours.

Yea that is highly useful to. I am giving my 360 a break atm since I have been playing SO4 for hours.

I'm 21 hours in and I'm starting to play right now

Though man, the Japanese voices are a ton better.

Edited by Rei

Im fine with the the english voices for once. That or im already use to some of them (like reimi because she's rise from persona 4). Im 18 hours in. And lymle is too fucking kick ass. I always use her.

Im fine with the the english voices for once. That or im already use to some of them (like reimi because she's rise from persona 4). Im 18 hours in. And lymle is too fucking kick ass. I always use her.

Some of the voices I like and others ... not so much. I just wish they spent more time on the english voice acting. Alot of the acting is completely off for some scenes and the voices do not match the lips at all. I don't feel it holds the game back though.

Some of the voices I like and others ... not so much. I just wish they spent more time on the english voice acting. Alot of the acting is completely off for some scenes and the voices do not match the lips at all. I don't feel it holds the game back though.

that is true. i was looking at faize in disgust earlier in a cutscene because of how his lips were to what he was saying. I only hate that when you save and turn off the game you dont keep your battle bonuses (currently has 20% exp, 1 sp, and 11% HP/MP heal bonus and has to go to work in 10 mins :()

that is true. i was looking at faize in disgust earlier in a cutscene because of how his lips were to what he was saying. I only hate that when you save and turn off the game you dont keep your battle bonuses (currently has 20% exp, 1 sp, and 11% HP/MP heal bonus and has to go to work in 10 mins :()

Yea. But that's not really a problem for me. I have gotten really good at building back my entire bonus bar in just a few battles. Then again I mostly go for experience tiles. I like reimi's voice actress myself.

Yea. But that's not really a problem for me. I have gotten really good at building back my entire bonus bar in just a few battles. Then again I mostly go for experience tiles. I like reimi's voice actress myself.

same (but once again thats cuz i've heard the same voice throuought persona 4 :D)

i go for healing personally since dungeons in star ocean can get pretty lengthy and i prefer to save items for the bosses

same (but once again thats cuz i've heard the same voice throuought persona 4 :D)

i go for healing personally since dungeons in star ocean can get pretty lengthy and i prefer to save items for the bosses

I purposely run at every enemy I see the first time I go through an area. The environments are lovely in this game.