Halo 3

Kiba

anyone own/play this game at all online?

if so discuss what you like about it and what it differs from the other Halo games or FPS(Zombie games do not count)

From what I've played of Halo 3, it is a game about making sure you're the one that shoots first, and generally about surprise attacks. Competitive game with a lot of skill potential and ways to kill.

I would say that Halo is the combination of two types of FPS games: Quake and Counter-Strike, because it combines finding weapons on maps during multiplayer with squad based teamwork.

The one thing I don't like about Halo is its health/shield system which recharges if you hide. Not because of itself, because I think it is what made Halo different from other FPS games, but then other FPS games copied it into settings that simply didn't belong and I don't like how it is perceived as the new direction for health because it doesn't belong in all games.

Edited by Chainey

Used to have it before my 360 got stolen. 'Twas pretty good. Plenty of strategy and having good eyes helps. If there's anything I can bash it about, it's that it's maps are...rather strangely built. Halo 2's maps are much more fun.

Battle Rifle and Sword ftw.

Isn't most of the online community rather...not fun to play with? I've heard this quite a few times.

In my experience, it isn't any worse than Far from the Forest or the Serenes Forest chat room.

You're likely better off going onto ranked matches to find more serious gamers that aren't out to act atrocious.

Halo three's community is iffy in the personality department, do to the fact that all the twelve years olds are only aloud to play it. I kind of like this game, but the bull shit becomes unbearable after a while. Like, jumping 8 feet in the air in heavy armor, and how your shields and HEALTH recharge. I also dont like how if you fire first, now matter how bad your aim, you almost always win. A more promising game looks like Halo three recon, because there are no Spartans in is and no unlimited health/shields.

For more harcore gaming, and more fun and realistic, try CoD 5 and 4 and Rainbowsix Vegas 1 or 2.

I've heard that Left for Dead is a pretty nice FPS. And it manages to teach you life skills in the form of teamwork.

Yes, but there is no Human VS Human mode. In multiplayer only Zombies VS Humans.

For some reason I really always hated this game, I just never put my finger on it, idk if it was the community as a whole, the gamplay itself or just the fact I hate the 360 control with every fiber in my being. Anyways, yeah I see how it is effective in competition play, since there is a deal of strategy and skill. Let's see if the Halo killer (Killzone 2) can really out due this popular game. ( I have it and it is too epic! *Killzone2 I mean*)

For some reason I really always hated this game, I just never put my finger on it, idk if it was the community as a whole, the gamplay itself or just the fact I hate the 360 control with every fiber in my being. Anyways, yeah I see how it is effective in competition play, since there is a deal of strategy and skill. Let's see if the Halo killer (Killzone 2) can really out due this popular game. ( I have it and it is too epic! *Killzone2 I mean*)

Killzone 2 is epic but it won't out due this game ever

Killzone 2 is epic but it won't out due this game ever

idk 32 player online and a well thought out ranking system is looking good. Along with smooth gamplay and amazing stunning visuals. Who knows?

• 3 months later...
Maybe if you're playing SWAT, but you still need aim for that.

Fuck that SWAT shit man, takes no skill. All you need is a fucking head shot, no tactics at all.

In my experience, it isn't any worse than Far from the Forest or the Serenes Forest chat room.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Further, you're paying for your internet twice for the chance to pay on-line.

Edited by Urist McMiner

Fuck that SWAT shit man, takes no skill. All you need is a fucking head shot, no tactics at all.

actually people who play swat usually tend to have a lot of skill because you need to act fast just like an actually swat member IRL, if you don't you die

actually people who play swat usually tend to have a lot of skill because you need to act fast just like an actually swat member IRL, if you don't you die

You dont understand, Halo is a tactless game.