Starting a playthrough of FE4 Binary

Pitbuller26

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone already asked about the same thing in here.

And yes, Fire and Axe are useable now. They are quite decent to use.

Edited by Ishtar

I've read through the description and it seems fun. I want to know what are some major changes. Are fire magic and axes actually usable now?

They are. To put it simple, Binary is FE4 with more Balance. Holy weapons have been nerfed, major enemies now have better skills, some skills have been set to "class skills" this time around (Berserkers have Wrath).

Thanks Thunder Goddess. Mods can close this topic if its taking up space.

Actually, you can just keep this topic in case you need some other helps. : >

Or you can go to FE4 Thread, but I don't think you want to do that....

Just started chapter 1 and the first thing I checked was the crossknight to the west. I noticed for a generic, he was loaded with pursuit, continue and charisma or is it elite?(the icons look similar to me) Don't tell me I have to fight about 15 of those in ch.3?

Ethlin's sword, the lady sword? It has an innate prayer doesn't it? Is she able to pass it down to Leaf?

I'm liking the ability that everyone can double now.

Just started chapter 1 and the first thing I checked was the crossknight to the west. I noticed for a generic, he was loaded with pursuit, continue and charisma or is it elite?(the icons look similar to me) Don't tell me I have to fight about 15 of those in ch.3?

Yes, you will have to fight them.

Ethlin's sword, the lady sword? It has an innate prayer doesn't it? Is she able to pass it down to Leaf?

Lady Sword, as you can read the name...that sword is ladies only. >.>

And AFAIK that sword doesn't give you Prayer skill. Oh, and Lady Sword is effective against barbarians and bandits IIRC.

I'm liking the ability that everyone can double now.

It's no longer depends on Pursuit skill to allow you for doubling. It depends on the AS now.

Yes, you will have to fight them.

You're kidding me. I have to fight 12 of Elty's Cross Knights when they all have Charisma???

It's no longer depends on Pursuit skill to allow you for doubling. It depends on the AS now.

Actually, I think it always depended on the AS. In the original, you needed both Pursuit Skill AND higher AS than enemy to double (excluding Continue and Meteor skill).

Actually, I think it always depended on the AS. In the original, you needed both Pursuit Skill AND higher AS than enemy to double (excluding Continue and Meteor skill).

You don't need the Pursuit skill to double in Binary - just 6 more AS than the opponent (or 3 more if the unit actually has the Pursuit skill). That's what Fia's talking about.

For christ sake, TRAIN ARDEN.

No, really, B on every melee weapon, with Big-Shield and Ambush(that actually works) from the beggining, come on.

You don't need the Pursuit skill to double in Binary - just 6 more AS than the opponent (or 3 more if the unit actually has the Pursuit skill). That's what Fia's talking about.

I know. I was just pointing out that AS was always a factor for doubling even in the original FE4. Unlike Binary, in the original version, Pursuit was required as well.

For christ sake, TRAIN ARDEN.

No, really, B on every melee weapon, with Big-Shield and Ambush(that actually works) from the beggining, come on.

Is that a joke or is Arden actually good in Binary?

Edited by LightBrand99

I had to restart chapter 1 because for some reason Ethlin literally disappeared. She didn't die but for some reason she was greyed out.

Jamka is turning out to be horrible. Hasn't gained a point in anything but 1 in resistance.

I've noticed the RNG is a bit screwy. My units are still getting hit more than they should especially when the hit rate on them is 30 or below yet my units seem to miss quite a lot despite having a hit rate on an enemy that's 80+.

I've noticed the RNG is a bit screwy. My units are still getting hit more than they should especially when the hit rate on them is 30 or below yet my units seem to miss quite a lot despite having a hit rate on an enemy that's 80+.

WUT.gif

Guess what?

I just got some red/orange manual that has an M at the end. What exactly does it do?

Probably Sunlight Hit Manual. Keep it in your inventory and it will grants you Sunlight Hit skill.

Or yeah, and be careful when unmounting your units. You might lose them permanently.

I can dismount and mount them just fine.

I believe that a 0% will hit based on ch.3. Hit rates are a total joke in this patch.

Did they lower the activation rate of Astra and Luna? Since Aira has the skill ring yet still doesn't activate Astra. She probably activates it about 3 times per chapter.

Did they also change Aideen's growth rates? Is it normal for a lv.22 Valkyrie Aideen to have 20 points in res?

Who can use the Blaggi sword? I assume its Leaf, Nanna and possibly Celice but I could be wrong.

Sorry about all the questions but as you can tell I'm definitely enjoying this patch, even though there are a few words I'd like to leave out when I had to deal with Eltshan and the crossknights.

Edited by pitbuller26

I believe that a 0% will hit based on ch.3. Hit rates are a total joke in this patch.

My Sety got hit with 0 in the Arena. When he was equipping the LOLSETY.

Did they lower the activation rate of Astra and Luna? Since Aira has the skill ring yet still doesn't activate Astra. She probably activates it about 3 times per chapter.

Um, I'm not so sure about that. But it can be possible.

Did they also change Aideen's growth rates? Is it normal for a lv.22 Valkyrie Aideen to have 20 points in res?

Yes, they tweaked the growths a little here.

Who can use the Blaggi sword? I assume its Leaf, Nanna and possibly Celice but I could be wrong.

Anyone with Holy Blood and the ability to use Sword.