Starting a playthrough of FE4 Binary

Pitbuller26

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started this. Wow, Ethlin has some kickass sword that makes her deal more damage than anyone else to most enemies...really cool! She's my favorite thusfar. I'm using her to fight a lot, especially since live staff only gives 10EXP now.

Mideel and Lex being able to equip swords is great. I'm looking forward to what's to come (I'm only in the middle of the prologue).

What's the difference between TheEnd and Endgame?

... :mellow:

Just started this. Wow, Ethlin has some kickass sword that makes her deal more damage than anyone else to most enemies...really cool! She's my favorite thusfar. I'm using her to fight a lot, especially since live staff only gives 10EXP now.

Mideel and Lex being able to equip swords is great. I'm looking forward to what's to come (I'm only in the middle of the prologue).

Lady Sword? Effective against bandit-type, that's why.

Remember that Leaf won't be able to inherit it, though. You can probably guess the motive.

Lady Sword? Effective against bandit-type, that's why.

Remember that Leaf won't be able to inherit it, though. You can probably guess the motive.

Ah no wonder she cleaned up in the Prologue. That was cool of the people who made this patch to give her that. Well I'm going to abuse her in Chapter 1 as well, want to get her promoted (something I've never done).

Too bad for Leaf, especially considering the chapter you get him.

Really like the many custom weapon graphics, and new weapons.

Nanna should be able to use the Lady Sword, as can Fury's daughter (or substitutes), if you were still wanting the killing mayhem. Though I would think the Armors would be more useful, as far as extra-damage is concerned :/

Well I'm going to abuse her in Chapter 1 as well, want to get her promoted (something I've never done).

Have her abuse staves, especially at the end of a chapter. Deu/Cuan can provide repair money, though she does pretty well in the arena anyways.

Who can use the Rapier, exactly? Deu and Sylvia could, Alec and Noishe could, but Ayra couldn't--I couldn't get the trend :x

Who can use the Rapier, exactly? Deu and Sylvia could, Alec and Noishe could, but Ayra couldn't--I couldn't get the trend :x

The readmes say "Social Knights, Troubadours, Lord Knights, Paladins, Master Knights and Mage Knights only."

... @_@

Then why the fuck is Sylvia and Deu using it to barely hang in the arena ?_?

Wait how do you get the rapier?

Lachesis comes with it, I believe.

I do use Ethlin to heal as well, but at 10EXP a pop for Live, it seems a lot easier to kill things with her.

Use her staff that teleports towards the end of chapters, or when you're running back by your home castle.

Most likely, yes.

I remember somebody saying that Dew's strength was lower, for instance.

However, there's no table. You could probably get them from the patched rom, I guess, but I presume there aren't too many changes in that aspect.

I remember somebody saying that Dew's strength was lower, for instance.

However, there's no table. You could probably get them from the patched rom, I guess, but I presume there aren't too many changes in that aspect.

They might be a little bit more complex to obtain, because I know for a fact that they changed the address of the growths.

Middle of chapter 2 (just beat Heirhein).

Well so far it seems they've beefed up Alec and Ethlin as far as growths are concerned, especially in strength and defense though it could just be personal experience. Ethlin seems to have the Life skill for some reason?

Lex doesn't get a hero axe, but the crappy devil axe! He is way worse, and even though you don't need pursuit to double with the 6AS advantage needed, he hasn't doubled anyone yet!

Dierdre's Aura has a crit of 10 on it! Also light magic (like all magic) is way way lighter

Aideen has a C in light now! She can fight!

Beowulf comes with his custom BEO Sword! Will he pass it down to his kids? If so I'll have to pair him.

The paladins guarding Lachesis are much stronger, fitting of respected bodyguards Elthshan would leave to protect his beloved sister.

Weapons, staves have much less uses.

Enemies dodge a lot more.

Jamka looks like a regular bow man in battle! What happened to his custom sprite!?

Some other animation changes, it seems a lot of work went into this patch (Note the different image in the intro)

Sylvia comes with nothing! No slim sword!

Anyways it is a ton of fun, look forward to more surprises!

Oh yeah, does anyone know if they altered growths?

For first generation, it's mostly a resistance boost of 5. Lachesis got a magic boost, Dew's strength growth got halved and I know Tiltyu's bases changed a bit. Holyn, Tiltyu and Claude also have different levels ( 10, 6 and 18 IIRC ) and a few skills were given. Arden has auto Big Shield, Claude has Life and Brigid has Steal ( which she doesn't pass down to Faval, oddly enough ).

2nd generation has more changes. Among them, a big buff for Hannibal and a few subs.

Middle of chapter 2 (just beat Heirhein).

Well so far it seems they've beefed up Alec and Ethlin as far as growths are concerned, especially in strength and defense though it could just be personal experience. Ethlin seems to have the Life skill for some reason?

Lex doesn't get a hero axe, but the crappy devil axe! He is way worse, and even though you don't need pursuit to double with the 6AS advantage needed, he hasn't doubled anyone yet!

Dierdre's Aura has a crit of 10 on it! Also light magic (like all magic) is way way lighter

Aideen has a C in light now! She can fight!

Beowulf comes with his custom BEO Sword! Will he pass it down to his kids? If so I'll have to pair him.

The paladins guarding Lachesis are much stronger, fitting of respected bodyguards Elthshan would leave to protect his beloved sister.

Weapons, staves have much less uses.

Enemies dodge a lot more.

Jamka looks like a regular bow man in battle! What happened to his custom sprite!?

Some other animation changes, it seems a lot of work went into this patch (Note the different image in the intro)

Sylvia comes with nothing! No slim sword!

Anyways it is a ton of fun, look forward to more surprises!

Life skill is with Ethlin's Light Sword.

Weird, I remember getting the Hero Axe. Did you kill Gandolf and/or Sandima before getting it?

I didn't try to pair Beo but I assume the kid with his major influence ( boys and Patty ) can use it.

Jamka is a Hunter now instead of a Bowfighter.

Weird, I remember getting the Hero Axe. Did you kill Gandolf and/or Sandima before getting it?

Maybe they changed it in the latest version... remember, we only played a rather old patch.

Dew's strength growth got halved

! That's so unfair! He starts out so weak, and raising him up is such a pain...and they nerf his strength?

For first generation, it's mostly a resistance boost of 5. Lachesis got a magic boost,
Among them, a big buff for Hannibal

I like these changes.

Did you kill Gandolf and/or Sandima before getting it?

I did kill Gandolf, but not Sandima. Wait is that why? Sandima and Jamka's squad doesn't come out til you conquer Gandolf and Kinbois's castle.

About promotions...I heard they were branched? However when I promoted Ethlin (for example) there didn't seem to be any choices. How do you access alternate promotions?

About promotions...I heard they were branched? However when I promoted Ethlin (for example) there didn't seem to be any choices. How do you access alternate promotions?

Press the X/Y/R buttons on the 2nd class change screen where is asks you 'yes' or 'no' and it will switch back to the first screen as the class you choose. For characters with only 2 class choices Y and R are the same class and X is the other class.

Edited by Ace Prime