Starting a playthrough of FE4 Binary

Pitbuller26

I was playing Binary but I stopped at Chapter 1 because Dew kept dying on me ;-;

I need to try it some day but some of the battles seem really hard, such as Ishtor, the Epilogue armies and such...

Plus there's the Manfloy in the endgame with the hidden avoid or something.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I had a question about this patch ,and seeing how this topic is about FE4 Binary I'll just post it here rather than starting a new topic. Is it possible to get the bargain ring in this version? If you can what turn would you need to conquer the first castle in?

If you can what turn would you need to conquer the first castle in?

Heirhein Castle? IIRC, you need to conquer them in less than 15 turns. Something like 12 or so, I guess.

I had a question about this patch ,and seeing how this topic is about FE4 Binary I'll just post it here rather than starting a new topic. Is it possible to get the bargain ring in this version? If you can what turn would you need to conquer the first castle in?

You actually have a turn or two more than in to original game since Ayra, Holin, Deu, and unmounted knights can cross over the cliff to reach the villages. You still have to capture the castle before you can attack the Bandits and Axe Knights since they start out as neutral units.

You actually have a turn or two more than in to original game since Ayra, Holin, Deu, and unmounted knights can cross over the cliff to reach the villages. You still have to capture the castle before you can attack the Bandits and Axe Knights since they start out as neutral units.

Actually I think you have about the same or less time than normal seeing as the Axe Knights reach the villages much faster than the Bandits normally do. Oh well time to try again this time without forgetting about crossing the cliff ummounted.

• 3 months later...
Lemme climb aboard on the question train. Are barons playable?

I believe Hannibal can become a Baron.

I can't remember if Cuan had a suboptimal option of becoming one.

I believe Hannibal can become a Baron.

I can't remember if Cuan had a suboptimal option of becoming one.

IIRC, he can choose between Baron and Master Knight?

Yeah Cuan can become a Baron, but why would anyone choose that over Master Knight?

Hannibal can promote into a Baron too or an Iron Knight, I went with Baron.

Finally beat Binary 2 weeks ago after putting it for for nearly 2 months. Why the hell was Julius so difficult to beat.

Finally beat Binary 2 weeks ago after putting it for for nearly 2 months. Why the hell was Julius so difficult to beat.

Loptous gives different boosts and he has some strength to have more AS/avoid.

As a result I had something around 50 accuracy on him with Yuria. That's with Celice, Lachesis' kids and the King Sword user around.

• 2 weeks later...

Who's a good choice for Levin to pair with, as far as being able to use Holsety? I was thinking Lachesis, considering if she's able to promote to a Mage Knight like Ethlin is. I'm bored of always having Holsety go to Arthur, Sety, or Corpul :E

Nanna can become a Mage Knight and use a halved Holsety, iirc. I don't think Delmud has such option, though.

Likewise, Rana.

I can't remember Binary's alternate class changes...

Is Azel the one who passes on the capability of using Falaflame?

Characters with minor holy blood can use the respective Divine Weapon at halved bonuses, if they can equip that particular type of weapon. Except for Valkyrie, which requires major Blagi.

Do the math.

Edited by TheEnd

Of course; I didn't know if any pairing would give Falaflame soonest, however. Such as SetyxTiltyu > SetyxFury or SetyxSylvia. You failed to mention when it was given to the player :P

I seem to recall you stating it came nearer the end of the game than beginning, but then again, I also remember you saying Rana is the only viable option for it.

You didn't ask. :mellow:

Falaflame is dropped by Alvis and, in all honesty, it isn't good for fighting because of its wtfhuge weight. However, its Magic bonus obviously comes in handy for status staff use.

People have complained about it being scewed. One guy even said that his Levin was struck by an opponent with 0 hit.

Luna and Sol have 100% hit rate. Just like in regular FE4.