Will marth wear pants in the DS version!?

Now something many new fans of Fire Emblem can't seem to understand: Smsh Bros. Marth and Marth Marth are two separate entities, and there is no reason why his cameo should be the main model for Marth. Especially when the argument is that Marth is most recognizable in his Smash form. Perhaps if you're playing a translated form of the game and have no experience with the character.

1st-party Marth - IS - authentic

2nd-party Marth - Smash - spinoff-placement

This and this have way more in common with the Smash Bros Marth (and the bits of Marth seen in FEDS screencaptures) than it does with Senior Pantless on the cover of FE1. While I'm not saying that Smash Marth is going to be the design of Marth used in FEDS, I am saying that FE1 cover Marth ISN'T.

As there is no reason to undo all the design changes we can see there, in the Fire Emblem TCG, in the art books, in the (short lived) Anime, in Melee/Brawl. Especially when those all synch up with the art in the game itself.

He's going to wear pants, its pretty much given.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marth lacks pants in the Snes version too. On the cover and artwork he wears pants. I believe he was intended to wear pants for the second book. Also Smash Brothers Marth is highly inaccurate as canonically he can't even use the Falchion without the Fire Emblem shield.

Edited by Delsait

This and this have way more in common with the Smash Bros Marth (and the bits of Marth seen in FEDS screencaptures) than it does with Senior Pantless on the cover of FE1. While I'm not saying that Smash Marth is going to be the design of Marth used in FEDS, I am saying that FE1 cover Marth ISN'T.

As there is no reason to undo all the design changes we can see there, in the Fire Emblem TCG, in the art books, in the (short lived) Anime, in Melee/Brawl. Especially when those all synch up with the art in the game itself.

He's going to wear pants, its pretty much given.

i believe that marth shall look as he looked in Smash, simply because worldwide, this is the image that people have of him. if they were to use the original design, i'm more than positive that people wouldn't be happy.

i believe that marth shall look as he looked in Smash, simply because worldwide, this is the image that people have of him. if they were to use the original design, i'm more than positive that people wouldn't be happy.

That may be the smartest thing I've read in this topic.

Marth lacks pants in the Snes version too. On the cover and artwork he wears pants. I believe he was intended to wear pants for the second book. Also Smash Brothers Marth is highly inaccurate as canonically he can't even use the Falchion without the Fire Emblem shield.

You know how messed up it'd of been if Marth had a handshield to block projectiles like Link and Toon Link? Ike is also following his FE9 look before promotion yet has Ragnell (which he can only get after promoting to Lord). The primary reason for these changes are to use the best known appearance along with their most powerful weapon. Excluding the Fire Emblem Shield detail his outfit is just his standard outfit with more details.

You know how messed up it'd of been if Marth had a handshield to block projectiles like Link and Toon Link? Ike is also following his FE9 look before promotion yet has Ragnell (which he can only get after promoting to Lord). The primary reason for these changes are to use the best known appearance along with their most powerful weapon. Excluding the Fire Emblem Shield detail his outfit is just his standard outfit with more details.

The Fire Emblem shield didn't protect from arrows in his own series why should it work like that in Smash bros. The game itself mentions in the second half that the Fire Emblem with the Falchion is Marth's most powerful weapon

This is how Marth should have looked in Smash.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/Vin.../P037_Marth.jpg

Edited by Delsait

dude 1 that's from the card game anytime card developers want to be cheap they can be

Same goes with video games and everything else. Video games ain't going to make all the fanboys (and girls) happy

Lord Knight of Barrel Roll: Technically that's the official art of Marth for FE3:Book 2.

The Fire Emblem shield didn't protect from arrows in his own series why should it work like that in Smash bros. The game itself mentions in the second half that the Fire Emblem with the Falchion is Marth's most powerful weapon

This is how Marth should have looked in Smash.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/Vin.../P037_Marth.jpg

You're right, the mechanical nature of FE games does not allow for shields to protect from arrows unless you happen to be a Pegasus rider. However, Brawl isn't Fire Emblem in Brawl they try to have things make sense. Why give Marth a shield that does nothing? You're complaining about an item being missing then wish to add it without it doing anything. The Shield must do something for the game makers to add it in as anything more than a Ganondorf taunt.

Lord Knight of Barrel Roll: Technically that's the official art of Marth for FE3:Book 2.

You're right, the mechanical nature of FE games does not allow for shields to protect from arrows unless you happen to be a Pegasus rider. However, Brawl isn't Fire Emblem in Brawl they try to have things make sense. Why give Marth a shield that does nothing? You're complaining about an item being missing then wish to add it without it doing anything. The Shield must do something for the game makers to add it in as anything more than a Ganondorf taunt.

His cape does nothing as does Captain Falcon's gun which is always in its holster. They are both still in the game. They could use it in his taunts or add it to an existing move. For example it's power could make the Falchion flash when it strikes.

Let's get back to the subject at hand, shall we?

Since the majority of official art has Marth wearing pants, I think he'll probably wear pants in this game too. At least, the official art will depict him as such even if his in-game sprite catches him with his pants down.

And somehow, even though his in-game sprites didn't have pants in FE 1 or 3, I suspect that they might in FE DS. Those who haven't played FE 1 or 3 certainly wouldn't think it odd of him to wear pants.

His cape does nothing as does Captain Falcon's gun which is always in its holster. They are both still in the game. They could use it in his taunts or add it to an existing move. For example it's power could make the Falchion flash when it strikes.

His cape is in all his arts, without exception. I think the same is true of Falcon's gun (but I'm not an F-Zero fan). Having a shield on your arm that does nothing is an added piece of coding for nothing. That with it doing nothing doesn't make sense. Shields block things, to have a shield that doesn't block things is like having a sword that doesn't cut. Why bother just to please what, two people, and just tick off everyone else. "Why did they add a Shield to Marth in Brawl, then have it not block any attacks? That's stupid." would be an arguement I'd agree with.

Also, by the way, comments have been made about why does Falcon have a gun he doesn't use. Similar to why Ganondorf has a taunt involving the Sword of Sages.

His cape is in all his arts, without exception. I think the same is true of Falcon's gun (but I'm not an F-Zero fan). Having a shield on your arm that does nothing is an added piece of coding for nothing. That with it doing nothing doesn't make sense. Shields block things, to have a shield that doesn't block things is like having a sword that doesn't cut. Why bother just to please what, two people, and just tick off everyone else. "Why did they add a Shield to Marth in Brawl, then have it not block any attacks? That's stupid." would be an arguement I'd agree with.

Also, by the way, comments have been made about why does Falcon have a gun he doesn't use. Similar to why Ganondorf has a taunt involving the Sword of Sages.

He'd use in his shield animation just not to block arrows, like Link in Smash bros 64 and as I said it would power up the Falchion in his attack. It would please basically everyone who'd played Fire Emblem 3 as it's an enormous part of the game, and no one except you seems to have a problem with it.

For those who haven't played, heres an example of its importance. MASSIVE SPOILERS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI0mGVYVv1A

People who play Fire Emblem DS will start wonder why the shield is absent and in the Smash bros Series if it stays absent for the next installment. Honestly why are you so opposed to the shield? Marth looks awesome with the thing, and it really goes with the Falchion. It would be an awesome addition and with no minuses. You are basically the only person so vehemently opposed to it.

Edited by Delsait

Perhaps not in the U.S or Europe, but you seem to completely ignore another large country ._.

The Fire Emblem should have been attached to Marth's belt, at the very least D:

EDIT: Not to mention Monshou was the top-selling Fire Emblem of all time.

Edited by Celice

I have a good feeling the majority of Super Smash Bros. players are english speakers, because there is simply a bigger population of us, but this discussion belongs in a different thread.

I didn't even notice ._.

You can't prove it with such a blurred and reduced image; his blue boots may have bled into his skin tones in the resizing >:o~

oh, come on now, don't deny it! its very clear that he's wearing pants!