• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

Will know I used to be decent in Melee circa 2002, but now I suck.

@ Shezzy, from yesterday

Sorry for being vague, the gist of it is...

Being a doctor, there's a lot of people who are real gunners when it comes to their career. They put their field of medicine above all else and don't really have much of a life outside of that. Working 80 hours a week, and even spending their little free time to things medically related. Many med students and residents have that mentality as well. I don't. I take my job very seriously, but it has never been my focus in life. I wanted to use my skills to the best of my ability, but I've always wanted a happy family life.

I've got one baby, and another on the way. I feel guilty for not spending more time with them, but work can make me feel guilty for not putting work first.

Tangentially related, but contrary to my possible impression here, I'm generally shy, and have to put an effort into being sociable. I guess some patients said that I'm too quiet. Maybe a minority, since I generally get very positive feedback, but it just really made me feel self conscious, on top of the other stuff.

I'm just feeling really down and anxious tonight, and my OCD starts creeping back with a vengeance when I feel this way.