Post a fact about the person above!

Fia

Should know evasion moves are too much of a hassle to not be banned. Even with a sword dance these moves won't be 2hkoing unless its a strong pokemon. Or a frail glass cannon pokemon using the evasion thing. It also makes the game too luck reliant.

• Replies 415.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

Knows those things are luck based, but isn't going to be a major game breaker like evasion boosting moves would be. Also freezing is the only threat that would be banned if there was a move with like 50% chance of freezing. But most are only 10%, with 20% being likely.

Edited by SlayerX

If your mon already boosted with Sword Dance or whatnot then what's the problem.

If they switch, problem solved, their stat boosts are gone. just attack with something else then.

Just attack with something else then.

Is coming across as elitist and stuff.

How am I being elitist? I'm just stating the facts.

Knows Moody is banned.

Knows that Pokemon IS luck reliant with stuff like crits and extra effects (freezing and the like).

You have a point, but evasion would be completely broken because it devolves the game into being too luck reliant (Minimize especially since it's +2 stages of evasion as of Gen 5).

May be able to tell me why Misty's Starmie in Yellow crits so damn much!

In RBY, critical hit rate was calculated by a mon's base speed. Starmie's base speed lets it have a 22.46% crit rate. Yeah...

Knows I got my info from here.

May be able to tell me why Misty's Starmie in Yellow crits so damn much!

I was beaten to it, but in the first generation, crit rate was based on speed. Oh, and if that wasn't bad enough, moves like Slash that have a high crit rate had an 8x higher chance of critting... so yeah.

Knows that the base crit chance in Gen 2 onward is 6.25%.

Also, Steel types lol at Clear Smog.

Knows evasion is too powerful a factor for it to be in a competitive environment.

No Guard

Knows that No Guard is annoying and fun at the same time.

No Guard

Knows that No Guard is annoying and fun at the same time.

Is only on Golurk and Machamp, both of which are rather slow. And I still say that doesn't really counter evasion, as once your Machamp/Golurk is gone, you have to worry about it again. I still stand by my point that evasion is broken, since even one Double Team makes 100 accuracy moves about as accurate as Iron Tail, and another makes it almost as bad as Dynamicpunch.

Can't use the fearsome Gravity Chaos.