• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? Sand teams both can stop it quite easily since they have TWO whether changers.

Knows that almost everyone uses Tyranitar regardless.

Both of which are (dull surprise) water weak, and while Tyranitar can take a few Water hits, the same can't be said for Hippowdon (considering that most Water moves are special). And need I point out that Swift Swimmers get to have their cake and eat it too since the rain powers up both their speed and their STAB? (Note that can't be said for sun teams or sand teams.) Combine those with the fact that Water is one of the best offensive types (only three resists, all of which a rain team can easily answer to), and...

Will know that while I feel evasion has its counters, it's still too overcentralizing and broken for it to be accepted in a competitive environment.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Is only on Golurk and Machamp, both of which are rather slow. And I still say that doesn't really counter evasion, as once your Machamp/Golurk is gone, you have to worry about it again. I still stand by my point that evasion is broken, since even one Double Team makes 100 accuracy moves about as accurate as Iron Tail, and another makes it almost as bad as Dynamicpunch.

Trick Room. I'm sure you've heard of the ability Technician, right? I'm sure Scizor can learn Aerial Ace. But yes, evasion is a pain in the butt, but the Pokemon can still get hit. Also, 75 accuracy isn't bad, so stop blowing things out of proportions.

Knows Leafeon is my favorite Pokemon.

Edited by Emerald Knight

Trick Room. I'm sure you've heard of the ability Technician, right? I'm sure Scizor can learn Aerial Ace. But yes, evasion is a pain in the butt, but the Pokemon can still get hit. Also, 75 accuracy isn't bad, so stop blowing things out of proportions.

Knows Leafeon is my favorite Pokemon.

I'm glad you agree evasion is a pain. But how many Pokemon that get sure-hit moves also get Technician? There's Scizor, Roserade, and... I think that's about it to my knowledge. Besides, the fact that such moves as Aerial Ace are being suggested as counters to evasion only proves that it's overcentralizing. And Trick Room has negative priority, and thus leaves you vulnerable to Taunt.

Has less posts than me.

Edited by Golden Cucco