Post a fact about the person above!

Fia

Is hanging out in Jasmine's locale.

First off: Multiscale. Even with Ice moves, only a handful of Pokémon can OHKO Dragonite through Multiscale (which halves damage taken if it's at full HP; about the only one I can think of that's actually used in OU is Protean Greninja, and even then it needs Life Orb to do it). Second, because of that, that item slot could be put to better use with something like a Weakness Policy (sharply raises Attack and Sp. Attack stats of a Pokémon if it's hit for super effective damage).

How do you know that the Dragonite in question has Multiscale? Besides, putting a Focus Sash on Dragonite isn't all that stupid (compared with equipping it with a Shuca Berry, for example).

• Replies 415.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know that the Dragonite in question has Multiscale? Besides, putting a Focus Sash on Dragonite isn't all that stupid (compared with equipping it with a Shuca Berry, for example).

As far as I'm concerned, I don't. But if I did see a Dragonite, I'd likely assume it has Multiscale, especially if my opponent's anywhere near decent - particularly considering its other ability is Inner Focus, which, while it isn't bad, doesn't hold a candle to Multiscale.

Knows weather abilities got noifed to last 5 turns (8 with the appropriate hold item).

Waxes his face

Is hanging out in Jasmine's locale.

In competitive play, Dragonite without multiscale is worthless. Putting focus sash on dragonite is indeed a very stupid thing to do. It's literally one of the worst items for it.

And focus sash in general isn't that good TBH, considering how widespread entry hazards are. Of course there are some pokemon that use it well, but they're the exception rather than the rule.

Edited by Your Mother

Has a Super Mario avatar.

Waxes his face

In competitive play, Dragonite without multiscale is worthless. Putting focus sash on dragonite is indeed a very stupid thing to do. It's literally one of the worst items for it.

And focus sash in general isn't that good TBH, considering how widespread entry hazards are. Of course there are some pokemon that use it well, but they're the exception rather than the rule.

Except when the CPU uses them... ugh. READ: Wallace's Shapedo is the only one of his Pokemon in B2 that doesn't easily fall to my Scizor/Volcarona tactics.

Edited by Leafeon Myrmidon

Has a Super Mario avatar.

Except when the CPU uses them... ugh. READ: Wallace's Shapedo is the only one of his Pokemon in B2 that doesn't easily fall to my Scizor/Volcarona tactics.

Of course. I'm talking about competitive OU battle. Smogon, pokemon showdown, the battle spot, that kind of stuff.

Likes Levin and his son(?)