For those who've seen Watchmen and Dark Knight

Mufasa

Who's more badass?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Joker or Rorschach

• The Joker
    • Rorschach

He turned into a whiny bitch before he died.

It wasn't that he was willing to die for his principles, it's that his principles couldn't exist in a society built on lies.

He gave up and was going to die whether Manhattan killed him or not. He was begging Manhattan to give him the easy way out.

Likely because he realized that his morality would inevitably cause the death of more people than had already been caused.

Given that his entire principles surrounded the idea of him constantly fighting for survival to punish evil, I'm not seeing where he suddenly became a whiny bitch for picking the only way out that was at all viable.

Honestly, to say that his character was a perfect rip from the comics is almost as bad as saying the new ending is just as effective. Now, neither is bad per-se, but let's not kid ourselves.

It was a perfect rip from the comics. He acted the exact same in practically every single event in the entire film.

I don't know, maybe you were watching a different movie.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Given that his entire principles surrounded the idea of him constantly fighting for survival to punish evil, I'm not seeing where he suddenly became a whiny bitch for picking the only way out that was at all viable.

He begged for death and gave up on his principles.

The movie made him harder to sympathize with which ultimately makes his death less meaningful anyway.

They missed exposition for him that explained why he became Rorschach in the first place. Which would have made him look less demented before the incident with the little girl.

And the use of the weapon to kill Grice wasn't as effective either.

He was less effective, much like Dr. Manhattan.

And for the record, he came off rather weak in the comics. But that was the point that no one got.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

He begged for death and gave up on his principles.

The movie made him harder to sympathize with which ultimately makes his death less meaningful anyway.

He did the exact same thing in the comic.

They missed exposition for him that explained why he became Rorschach in the first place. Which would have made him look less demented before the incident with the little girl.

Seeing as how the movie was already long as hell, leaving out the history of his mask is not understandable.

And the use of the weapon to kill Grice wasn't as effective either.

How?

And for the record, he came off rather weak in the comics. But that was the point that no one got.

How did he come off weak in the comics?

FEH! you people make me choose between two completely different awesome characters? LOL!

im not gonna vote! i loved them both about equally...Rorschach was awesome in the story he was in and Joker was just as awesome in the story he was in...two different stories, two different characters....

How?

Burnt alive>axe to the head in terms of punishment.

Rorschach was a fan on punishment that equaled the crime, which is why not everyoe he dealt with over the years is dead.

Taking off his mask meas that Rorschach died before Kovac.

It would have been one thing if Rorschach was written to come off as awesome, but when you consider he was written to be sen as weak and foolish. . . .

In the Novel, all the characters eventually abandon who they are to protect society. It was a break down of the super hero genre and that rather important message was overlooked.

Burnt alive>axe to the head in terms of punishment.

And a fit of rage from a man that has finally completely lost his mind leaves me finding a cleaver to the skull more befitting.

Rorschach was a fan on punishment that equaled the crime, which is why not everyoe he dealt with over the years is dead.

But the reason why anyone has really died over the years was because of that specific event.

Taking off his mask meas that Rorschach died before Kovac.

No, it means that Kovaks, and not Rorschach, would be the one that died.

It would have been one thing if Rorschach was written to come off as awesome, but when you consider he was written to be sen as weak and foolish. . . .

There's a difference between foolish and weak and being a whiny bitch.

And I don't remember him ever being written to seem weak. Foolish, perhaps, but not weak in any area but the mind.

In the Novel, all the characters eventually abandon who they are to protect society. It was a break down of the super hero genre and that rather important message was overlooked.

No one here ever said that the comic was not meant to subvert comic book tropes...

Edited by Esau of Isaac