So, why do people play Fire Emblem, again?

TLSothe

Wait? Bad storylines? I'm not the picky type, so I guess I couldn't really spot the problem.
If you don't like FE then you don't belong to this Forum, Matthew...

Fix'd

Edit: Oh, and, I found Fe6 and 7 and Fe9 and 10 awsome.

I think I play it for gameplay, for the little gamble over the level up and for a good story

Lol, you still took my posts seriously? Even after I admitted I was trolling you as a test-run? Let alone denying that I'm a member of this Forum, which -- I damn sure am. So yeah.

I play it because it's a cool game to me, the battle system, the characters, the stories in the games. It is from FE that I have created the map I use for the stories, though I plan on making a new one. XD But yeah, mostly because I find the games to be cool. I've only played FE7-9 and two chapters from FE6, which bore me. XD

It lets you practice strategy =)

FE is very entertaining in my opinion.

That's why I ended up on a Fire Emblem forum.

Well that's why I asked what the appeal was. I get that you all find it appealing, but I asked why. w h y.

I like it because i dont care for overly complex storylines too much...i really despise Final Fantasy games for the most part and the only Tales game i played and enjoyed was Symphonia...FE is simple in the respects of story and gameplay..the gameplay is what really won me over...i like this style of strategy and i like the classes! its entertaining..I also like the art style and the simple graphics..i really dont care for overly lush "realistic" graphics..i think if a game has too much eye candy it takes away from the gameplay and general flow of things..

I mean, what's the appeal? Shitty story, meh graphics, God-Awful development in characterization, and, on top of all that, each and every story is the same. Do you just ignore that, or is there actually something about it you enjoy? Seriously, what?

The story isn't "sh*tty", who cares about graphics(excluding you) and the characers sympaphizes us.

I play it for the hot characters. Screw good gameplay, occasionally interesting stories, development, and other technical stuff. I need to fill my virtual needs!

I agree with your comment.

The story isn't "sh*tty", who cares about graphics(excluding you) and the characers sympaphizes us.
How stupid are you? I have said three times I was kidding. Learn to fucking read. The story is shit, and generic. I may have been trolling, but that much is true.

The story is shit, and generic. I may have been trolling, but that much is true.

I am sad. Though this is somewhat true... :(

It has no replay value. Not to mention after eleven games of the exact same thing...ouch.

The same thing could be said about some of the FF games. Only replace eleven with twelve plus spin-offs. (And FE has some the highest replay values among games, IMO.)

Edited by Destiny Henchhound

The same thing could be said about some of the FF games. Only replace eleven with twelve plus spin-offs. (And FE has some the highest replay values among games, IMO.)
You're an FE Fanboy, so of course it does, to you.

Okay, okay, it has replay value. Just not much.

In a sense, FE4 has replay value. You can try to do different pairings of characters to get children with different stat growths and skills.

Or you can attempt a substitute playthrough, which involves no character pairings.

Otherwise, yes, in many ways, you're right.

In a sense, FE4 has replay value. You can try to do different pairings of characters to get children with different stat growths and skills.

Or you can attempt a substitute playthrough, which involves no character pairings.

Otherwise, yes, in many ways, you're right.

Dude, you keep hitting me with that and throwing me off. Fire Emblem Four is a huge exception. It's just...plain sheer awesome. XD