Worst in the series: Round 6

General Spoon

FE10: Lughnasadh - Locked to Leonardo FTL.

Personally, I believe FE7's Durandal is worse. Look at its weight. Also, it's locked to Eliwood, which means even more points off in my book.

FE 5 Hell is technically a personnal weapon. Even if you manage to steal it it's just a black book no one can use on your side even when you manage to have some because it's somehow locked to the enemies.

Edited by Captain Falcon

FE 5 Hell is technically a personnal weapon. Even if you manage to steal it it's just a black book no one can use on your side even when you manage to have some because it's somehow locked to the enemies.

The same with Lopto Sword. I think I might vote for the that weapon, just because I can't use it. >_>

Personally, I believe FE7's Durandal is worse. Look at its weight. Also, it's locked to Eliwood, which means even more points off in my book.

I have to use Eli and having Durandal isn't bad... just often useless.

Having Lughnasadh is more useless. Since Leo isn't a character that I found all that useful.

Having Lughnasadh is more useless. Since Leo isn't a character that I found all that useful.

...Hmm. Personally, out of the three weapons Ed, Leo and Nolan get in Part 3, I find Caladbolg as the worst. Partly because I never found Edward to be all that useful, and partly because the luck boost that Caladbolg gives doesn't seem all that useful compared to Lughnasadh's Speed boost or Tarvos's Defense boost...

Florete cause Mist's strength is too low for it to do good damage.

These are both good weapons, they're just on bad characters. The Sword of Seals is a good weapon, it's just Roy kinda blows and it comes late. But it's still a good weapon. Lughnasadh is amazing, and if you do somehow use Leo and have him turn out well, it's a fantastic personal. And Florete would be busted on anyone BUT Mist.

Holsety on Sety is good in part because Sety is awesome, but give Holsety to Corple instead and the weapon's still good. I don't think it's fair to judge the weapon based on the wielder (even recognizing that there's usually only one wielder for it) when the question is best/worst WEAPON.

I guess that you are all forgetting about Rolf's Bow (FE9). There is nothing great coming out of it when compared to other personal weapons in the FE series. And on top of that, Rolf sucks major dick in FE9. At least Lyn gets a +25 critical boost with the Sol Katti.

My vote goes to Rolf's Bow (FE9).

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

Sol Katti, Holy Blade or Dime Thunder...hmmmm....

I'd have to go with Holy Blade. At least using the Sol Katti can actually help Lyn. Holy Blade is just downright useless.

Edited by Grandjackal

Holy Blade at least has several chapters of broken usefulness despite the fact that it's for Olwen. Sol Katti freaking terrible against the one monster it's supposed to be good against (24 Base damage against 40 DEF LMAO and the best Lyn can do is 13 damage per hit and that's IF she has max STR and full ATK supports).

Creiddylad takes the cake. Shit damage on the very last part of the game which usually takes just 2 tuns to complete.

Edited by Sirius

Holy Blade at least has several chapters of broken usefulness despite the fact that it's for Olwen. Sol Katti freaking terrible against the one monster it's supposed to be good against (24 Base damage against 40 DEF LMAO and the best Lyn can do is 13 damage per hit and that's IF she has max STR and full ATK supports).

Creiddylad takes the cake. Shit damage on the very last part of the game which usually takes just 2 tuns to complete.

It's pretty nice against everything else. The blade itself doesn't suck as much as Lyn just fails. Holy Blade is not only stuck on Olwen, it's rather useless at the end. Makes her untouchable to mages, but the AI doesn't suck so mages won't target her while wasting your other army. Holy Blade would be great if we weren't warp-fucking the last chapters.

It's pretty nice against everything else. The blade itself doesn't suck as much as Lyn just fails. Holy Blade is not only stuck on Olwen, it's rather useless at the end. Makes her untouchable to mages, but the AI doesn't suck so mages won't target her while wasting your other army. Holy Blade would be great if we weren't warp-fucking the last chapters.

The blade itself DOES suck and the last chapters in FE5 aren't always warp skipped and Holy Sword is more useful in the FE5's last chapter than Bull Katti is in FE7's last chapter (it's weaker than Silver Sword >_>) alone.

You really gonna say that... 17 MT, 65 HIT, 20 CRIT and 60 Uses, Olwen only, allows 2 consecutive hits, effective against Horseback units, Mag +10 (MAG also counts as resistance in this game and there are plenty of Dark mages for this to be useful), gives Prayer and available for 4 chapters sucks more than...

12 MT (Silver Sword has 13), 95 Hit, 25 CRIT, 30 Uses, Lyn only, Res +5, effective against Dragon Units (again, only the Fire Dragon, and its base damage against it is 24 while the dragon has 40 DEF) available only in the last chapter.

Edited by Sirius

The blade itself DOES suck and the last chapters in FE5 aren't always warp skipped and Holy Sword is more useful in the FE5's last chapter than Bull Katti is in FE7's last chapter (it's weaker than Silver Sword >_>) alone.

You really gonna say that... 17 MT, 65 HIT, 20 CRIT and 60 Uses, Olwen only, allows 2 consecutive hits, effective against Horseback units, Mag +10 (MAG also counts as resistance in this game and there are plenty of Dark mages for this to be useful), gives Prayer and available for 4 chapters sucks more than...

12 MT (Silver Sword has 13), 95 Hit, 25 CRIT, 30 Uses, Lyn only, Res +5, effective against Dragon Units (again, only the Fire Dragon, and its base damage against it is 24 while the dragon has 40 DEF) available only in the last chapter.

5 Resistance, Lyn's naturally good luck and speed with Kenneth's weighed down speed could at least kill him easy with a nice amount of damage chipped off in return. Also Jerme with Runesword's weakness as magic damage.

As for holy sword...Mages will just ignore her to kill your easily magic slain warriors, She's still not that strong, easier to take down by snipers and anything with physical range as she does nothing to them with the sword equipped(most likely master weapons by now), and there are no horses left by the time you get it?

5 Resistance, Lyn's naturally good luck and speed with Kenneth's weighed down speed could at least kill him easy with a nice amount of damage chipped off in return. Also Jerme with Runesword's weakness as magic damage.

As for holy sword...Mages will just ignore her to kill your easily magic slain warriors, She's still not that strong, easier to take down by snipers and anything with physical range as she does nothing to them with the sword equipped(most likely master weapons by now), and there are no horses left by the time you get it?

Because those 2 bosses are quite a threat right? It'd be nice if it were useful against Lloyd for example but oh wait! Lloyd will have his way with her if she's equipped the Bull Katti (he'll double).

Let's see... you say mages will just ignore her to kill easily magic slain warriors... if this is true, then that means I could simply put just Olwen in their range and have her solo those bastards. That alone is more useful than Bull Katti.

Snipers... you mean the 2 in chapter 24 that are standing near Redrick and the reinforcement Sniper in 24x and 25? Hmm, that's quite threat (not really, if you know where that sniper appears, you can just avoid having Olwen move around them if they're really too much trouble). Also, if you know an enemy's got indirect range and will do much damage to her, then why the hell would you keep a 1 range weapon equipped?

As for Horse and enemies the sword's good against...

http://fireemblem.shinranet.com/fe5/guia/cap23.htm

http://fireemblem.shinranet.com/fe5/guia/cap24.htm

http://fireemblem.shinranet.com/fe5/guia/cap24x.htm

http://fireemblem.shinranet.com/fe5/guia/final.htm

Chapter 23 reinforcements include Great Knight and Duke Knight and Dark Mages.

Chapter 24 reinforcements are soldiers (LOL) and more Dark Mages.

24x and 25 also have reinforcement dark mages. Less of those though.

Holy Sword's not close to being the worse personal weapon. Bull Katti's the 2nd worst.

Edited by Sirius

Florete cause Mist's strength is too low for it to do good damage.

Yes, but 1-2 Range saves it as it gives her the ability to level without counters killing her.

And on the Micaiah's Angel's weapons, I found Nolan's DEF boost most valuable. While both Nolan and Leo were vastly outclassed (Boyd and Shinon) no Swordmaster (even my beloved Mia) made Ed a joke, he just would be rediculously under leveled.

While both Nolan and Leo were vastly outclassed (Boyd and Shinon)

I would argue Nolan > Boyd. Tarvos, Earth Affinity, and periods of awesome in the Dawn Brigade chapters >>> anything Boyd might have.

Yes, but mostly the point was that Shinon > Leo

And no amount of fancy Personal Bow can upset that.

And the Bow is worthless unless, you know, you can somehow make Leo not useless.

Edited by Rakath