Did you like the Ending?

Did you Like the Ending?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Did you Like the Ending?

• Yes
    • No
    • Niether

I personally hated it. It was one of the shortest and worst endings I've ever experienced. When they were going through where all the characters went it kept making me want to punch the writers in the face. And seriously: "Ike went off to explore unknown lands" okay cool, "And was never seen again" .... okay, not cool. What about Titania, she's left as second in command. WHO'S GOING TO PROMOTE HER. '+_+

I just thought it was severely lacking for a story that was so good up to that point. All I got out of it was another nicely animated scene.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally hated it. It was one of the shortest and worst endings I've ever experienced. When they were going through where all the characters went it kept making me want to punch the writers in the face. And seriously: "Ike went off to explore unknown lands" okay cool, "And was never seen again" .... okay, not cool. What about Titania, she's left as second in command. WHO'S GOING TO PROMOTE HER. '+_+

I just thought it was severely lacking for a story that was so good up to that point. All I got out of it was another nicely animated scene.

even though i didn't like ike's ending, i completely understand why they did it. can you really imagine ike married and having children? he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be tied down to any obligations whatsoever. and having him gone without anyone ever seeing him again adds to the legend-y type of atmosphere.

the only thing i can actually complain about the endings is that ike didn't pass on his swordsman style to anyone. isn't it like a unique type of fighting? i would have loved if a character was introduced in RD that would be taught by ike how to fight.

even though i didn't like ike's ending, i completely understand why they did it. can you really imagine ike married and having children? he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be tied down to any obligations whatsoever. and having him gone without anyone ever seeing him again adds to the legend-y type of atmosphere.

He didn't even need to get married, and I like the idea of exploring and all. But I just don't like main characters disappearing, it's counter legend-y to me =/

I didn't like the lack of paired endings, but I liked the story ending in itself.

Me too, there were a lot of other that could have gotten married other than Micaiah and Sothe.

And if you fixed my typo in the title, thanks XD

Edited by Hydrohs

I liked it. I mean, yeah he left, but I'd probably do the same thing (just like a vacation thing). And he has his best pal going with him, so it's not like he's going alone

I didn't like the lack of paired endings, but I liked the story ending in itself.

Third!!!

Yes there were more couples, I was dying to See a Pelleas-Michaiah /Ilyana-Mia... ending.

I love the ending =\, one of the best plots in FE by far.

There isn't any better ending for Ike than that, He became cool and end in a cool way vanishing without a trace.

I would like to Ike have an Apprentice, but it would open a Senario for a Sequel.... and I sequel could ruin this "perfect" Saga.

Edited by Gemini-Saga

He didn't even need to get married, and I like the idea of exploring and all. But I just don't like main characters disappearing, it's counter legend-y to me =/

Me too, there were a lot of other that could have gotten married other than Micaiah and Sothe.

And if you fixed my typo in the title, thanks XD

so you would have preferred that Ike died in the battle against Ashera? cause that is the other legend-y ending possible for ike.

heroes either die in battle heroically or disappear without a trace

Third!!!

Yes there were more couples, I was dying to See a Pelleas-Michaiah /Ilyana-Mia... ending.

I love the ending =\, one of the best plots in FE by far.

There isn't any better ending for Ike than that, He became cool and end in a cool way vanishing without a trace.

I would like to Ike have an Apprentice, but it would open a Senario for a Sequel.... and I sequel could ruin this "perfect" Saga.

not have an apprentice in order to have a sequel. maybe just have the apprentice in order so that Ike's presence in Tellius isn't forgotten besides Mist's children with Boyd.

maybe it would be something like this: *insert apprentice's name here* mastered the arts of the sword thanks to Ike's teachings, and became a legendary figure. It is said that he passed on his master's teachings to another disciple, and the fighting style was never extinguished.

My problem with Ike's ending is the whole "unknown lands" thing, because the only one that didn't get flooded is Hatari. Unless Ashunera unflooded the rest of the world and didn't tell me...

The part about Ena having her lost fiance's kid was a bit... weird, too, but I'd rather not open that can of worms... any more than I already have.

Edited by Paper Jam

My problem with Ike's ending is the whole "unknown lands" thing, because the only one that didn't get flooded is Hatari. Unless Ashunera unflooded the rest of the world and didn't tell me...

The part about Ena having her lost fiance's kid was a bit... weird, too, but I'd rather not open that can of worms... any more than I already have.

actually, there is land beyond Hatari, only it hasn't been explored yet (because people would have to cross the desert) if you look at the map you'll notice.

and referring to the second statement, maybe laguz need more time to develop in the womb?

actually, there is land beyond Hatari, only it hasn't been explored yet (because people would have to cross the desert) if you look at the map you'll notice.

and referring to the second statement, maybe laguz need more time to develop in the womb?

What map do you mean? The only ones I've read are those on the PoR and RD pages on this site, and neither of them even show Hatari, let alone the land beyond.

As for the desert, I know that there is a desert between Hatari and Tellius, which is why nobody from Tellius has ever been to Hatari, and few vice versa... In short, I'd like to read this map you speak of.

What map do you mean? The only ones I've read are those on the PoR and RD pages on this site, and neither of them even show Hatari, let alone the land beyond.

As for the desert, I know that there is a desert between Hatari and Tellius, which is why nobody from Tellius has ever been to Hatari, and few vice versa... In short, I'd like to read this map you speak of.

i meant that in the map you see that the continent continues to go on beyond daein and begnion. like you don't see the ocean

tellius.jpg

i meant that in the map you see that the continent continues to go on beyond daein and begnion. like you don't see the ocean

tellius.jpg

Yes, it does continue on beyond Daein and Begnion, but does it continue on beyond Hatari? For all I know, Hatari is the entire landmass to the east of Daein and Begnion.

Yes, it does continue on beyond Daein and Begnion, but does it continue on beyond Hatari? For all I know, Hatari is the entire landmass to the east of Daein and Begnion.

we will never know. perhaps there's more beyond hatari, perhaps there isn't

therefore, there is two possible endings for ike and (if you supported) his buddy.

1.) Ike and buddy died in the desert of dehydration, starvation, or heatstroke.

2.) There is something beyond Hatari, and he is exploring the lands, meeting the people, and making friends

your pick.

The thing about Ike's ending is that it seemed kind of out of character for him to just leave permanently. Throughout PoR and RD, Ike clearly has a strong commitment and sense of duty towards his mercenary company. It just seemed kind of strange for him to simply leave and never return. I could understand him simply leaving for a period of time while leaving Titania in charge, but for him to never go back to it seems unlike him.

Sure, you could say that maybe he didn't see much need for it anymore given that stability returned to Tellius, but I'd think it would also be naive of him to just assume that his help would never be needed again.

And regardless of that, he just kind of left everyone he cared about, excluding of course Soren/Ranulf. I mean, what about everyone who was in his company? What about his sister? What about Elincia, and everyone else he had made friends with over the events of PoR and RD?

Other than that, I thought the ending was good. Maybe some more options to the character endings would have been nice, like more paired endings, but I don't care too much about that.

The thing about Ike's ending is that it seemed kind of out of character for him to just leave permanently. Throughout PoR and RD, Ike clearly has a strong commitment and sense of duty towards his mercenary company. It just seemed kind of strange for him to simply leave and never return. I could understand him simply leaving for a period of time while leaving Titania in charge, but for him to never go back to it seems unlike him.

Sure, you could say that maybe he didn't see much need for it anymore given that stability returned to Tellius, but I'd think it would also be naive of him to just assume that his help would never be needed again.

And regardless of that, he just kind of left everyone he cared about, excluding of course Soren/Ranulf. I mean, what about everyone who was in his company? What about his sister? What about Elincia, and everyone else he had made friends with over the events of PoR and RD?

Other than that, I thought the ending was good. Maybe some more options to the character endings would have been nice, like more paired endings, but I don't care too much about that.

I agree. It doesn't seem like him to just run off, possibly without ever returning.

yeah, other than that I'm fine with the endings, although I agree that what happened with Ena was a little weird...

think about it, what could possibly go wrong anymore? an alliance between all the countries was formed, so there was no possibility about a war between nations. none of the present rulers like wars, and prefer the peace formed between the countries than invading and taking over other countries.

i'm very sure that Titania can do a very good job running the mercenaries (after all, she was second-in-command for two commanders)

and its not as if he just left right after they defeated the goddess. he waited until everything stabilized (which must have taken several years, at the least) before he left.

the world was at peace (for the moment) and ike knew this. besides, he already did more than his share of saving the world. let OTHER heroes rise up to the challenge, don't you think?

so you would have preferred that Ike died in the battle against Ashera? cause that is the other legend-y ending possible for ike.

To me, once a hero is done with whatever journey they've done they disappear and reappear whenever they're needed again. they don't die or just peace >.>

To me, once a hero is done with whatever journey they've done they disappear and reappear whenever they're needed again. they don't die or just peace >.>

actually, if you go back to the past heroes of legends, they usually almost always die in battle. be thankful that ike didn't die

*remembers Beowulf*

*Heracles*

*Jason*

*cries*

Well it's just a personal preference to me, and I take it form all the books that I read. Where it's extremely rare for a main character to die.

yeah, but the TRUE, EPIC heroes are the mythological ones, and they have a very bad life

yeah, but the TRUE, EPIC heroes are the mythological ones, and they have a very bad life

And that's why they're heroes I guess, because they had such crappy lives but managed to do great.

I just think nowadays heroes should be heroes until they die /naturally/

think of me bloodthirsty or whatever you want, but i actually would have preferred that ike would have died fighting against ashera. it would have added a perfect sense of nostalgia and emotions to the ending, it would've been the most beautiful ending of all the fire emblem games, you know that ike died for the peoples of the nation and stuff.