2. 2. Where do you hope it will be set

• Archanea
    • Barensia
    • Jugdral
    • Elibe
    • Magvel
    • Tellius
    • A new continent

I was just interested in hearing as I doubt shadow dragon will be the last as we are nearing the 20th anniversary and so many other franchises are creating sequels but where.

Personally I'd like a game focused around the heroes who saved the world all those years ago but that seems too unlikely to even mention but failing that I'd like Elibe, Magvel or Tellius

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need any more old stuff, we haven't had anything new since FE9 (FE10 wasn't completly new more like a conclusion, and if you say something like "OMG SO MANY NEW CHARACTERS" notice that they're mostly characters who were NPCs before or from the Dawn Brigade -_-), I want and think that they will make a game with new characters and a new continent.

Well, there's a couple of possibilities. I'll go in order of what I see as least likely to most likely. First of all, seeing as people liked FE4 and FE5, there might (I repeat: might) be a game set on Judgral. There also could be a remake of FE3, seeing as they did FE1, and may want to do its sequel again. There could be another one on Tellius,

focusing on Ike's journeys in the new land that he set off to. Sure, he was never saw anyone again, but it might have been that it started as his journeys on the edge of the desert in Tellius, then crossed the desert,

and that's where his real adventure begins. The last possibility is a new continent, and that's self explanatory.

Personally I'd want one of two things. Either a new continent, or another on Magvel. Although a new continent would be great, I'd have to choose Magvel. Since the first one was malformed, another one could make the game more interesting. It could focus on a new main character (Lute comes to mind) and a new story, unrelated to the Sacred Stones. Perhaps it could focus more on the history of the manakete tribe.

Edited by Lux Aeterna

I'd like to see Gaiden remade, but it's hopefully going to be a new one altogether. I'm itching for the scan hype again--last time sucked, as it was a remake, so nothing revolutionary really was unveiled for fans.

I hope we get something new, personally. If Shadow Dragon was supposed to be a good indicator of how Intelligent Systems handles remakes, I'd rather they not butcher another classic game, like FE4 for example, and instead focus on putting out something new. I'm ready for a clean slate; new world, new characters, new story. The only thing I'd really like to see from the previous games is the artist/art team Nintendo used for FE6-10's official art. And on a slightly unrelated note, I hope the new hero has red hair. :P

Edit: Support Conversations also need to make a return. I would love to see them once again on the same level as the ones in the GBA games.

Edited by Popo

Edit: Support Conversations also need to make a return. I would love to see them once again on the same level as the ones in the GBA games.

YES! Yay for character developement! I agree with you on the art thing too.

Although I said it was possible, it's unlikely that they'd remake FE4, because of all of the... Suggestive parts. FE2 is unlikely because as far as I know, it wasn't received well. Thracia is unlikely, because of its high difficulty, and FE6 isn't likely either, because it was so recent. FE7-11 were made off-shores, so they most likely won't be remade.

Then again, we'll get a good idea once the concept of a new FE is mentioned.

Supports should be more like FE9. Screw having to keep characters adjacent to each other just to make it happen. Though it would freaking awesome if the support system was like FE10 but the dialogue was the level of FE9 and FE8/FE7 (lol FE6).

Edited by Sirius

Support conversations are ok, but are annoying having characters have to wait next to each other. I like what they had in thracia where there is automanic support, but only one level of it and maybe add in conversations time to time for items.

I want either a new continent or Magvel. I enjoyed FE8 a lot and I hope it has a sequel.

...Actually, yeah. i'm hoping for some more Fe8 stuff. It was pretty half-assed, and the only game in the series that didn't fit on the same continent for more than one game.

Fe 1, 2, 3, + 11 = Archanea

Fe 4 + 5 = Jugdral

Fe 6 + 7 = Elibe

Fe 9 + 10 = Tellius

SACRED STONES IS A LONER! :(

...Actually, yeah. i'm hoping for some more Fe8 stuff. It was pretty half-assed, and the only game in the series that didn't fit on the same continent for more than one game.

SACRED STONES IS A LONER!

I believe nintendo should have another chance on this continent. Since it's the only one without a sequel/prequel/midquel, it's the best chance for one of the quels. As long as they have Lute mentioned in some way, shape, or form; they're fine.

It was pretty half-assed, and the only game in the series that didn't fit on the same continent for more than one game.

Er, no. Gaiden is the only game in the series that takes place on Valencia, and since Sacred Stoners was more or less a Gaiden ripoff....

However, Valencia is in the same world as Marth's world.

If Shadow Dragon was supposed to be a good indicator of how Intelligent Systems handles remakes, I'd rather they not butcher another classic game

They butchered Ankoku on the Famicom? The game with green stone floors even if they could easily of had them gray, you know, like castle stone is?

Thracia is unlikely, because of its high difficulty,

It's hard? Unfinished and thus mechanically broken, very much so, but it's only hard really in the chapter with Cyas. Everything else is pretty easy. And that chapter isn't that bad if you've good units on-hand, making use of a bunch of the long range magic you should have stolen, along with King Sword, supports, Nanna, and Delmud ^_^

It's hard? Unfinished and thus mechanically broken, very much so, but it's only hard really in the chapter with Cyas. Everything else is pretty easy. And that chapter isn't that bad if you've good units on-hand, making use of a bunch of the long range magic you should have stolen, along with King Sword, supports, Nanna, and Delmud ^_^

Or you could do what I did. Sacrfice Eda to Cyas to make him go away, and have Tina steal the baron boss's berserk staff, so that Rineheart can be berserked, at which point his whole army suicides on him.

Edited by Miror B.

but it's only hard really in the chapter with Cyas.

Really? Chapter 22? As long as you can stall or warp skip that chapter, it's easy.

I'm guessing Akaneia again, but hoping Jugdral.

Or you could do what I did. Sacrfice Eda to Cyas to make him go away, and have Tina steal the baron boss's berserk staff, so that Rineheart can be berserked, at which point his whole army suicides on him.

I've not used the Berserk Staff I stole at the beginning of the game, so one wouldn't actually need Tina for one :/ You can steal from people on gates though?

Really? Chapter 22? As long as you can stall or warp skip that chapter, it's easy.

Exactly. Thracia isn't exactly the hardest thing, it's only badly polished. Like not being able to move your characters around--in the chapter with Amalda and Conomore, I usually have to dump all my characters and take 16 or however many ones I don't plan on using, and just have Leaf leave, as I never have the right characters at the bottom of the map to carry off, or at the very least retreat, from Blume's forces.

Chapter 22 only needs to be taken slow. Let the Ballistas run out, or pick them off with long-range spells like Thunderstorm or Meteo. Better yet, rewarp a good staff user (depending on your leveling, Sara and Asvel are great for this) down into the mess around there after taking out a space and have them rape everything. The rest can be wasted away by having them fire at someone with good defense until they run out. Then just combat the shitload of leadership stars on the enemy by using the King Sword and Nanna, Delmud if you're using him, Leaf if he can support your fighters stalling at the bridges, and a bunch of staff users. Take the waves piece after piece and just have fun with it.

The only real chapter I can remember troubling was with was the prison chapter at the beginning, and that's only because you're subjected to luck sometimes, given that everyone has swords and all enemies that you fight, for the most part, have lances. But Machyua and Brighton always worked wonders with Ambush and Wrath--I think Felgus usually got to a B, so he could use the Fire Sword too, as well as Armor Slayer.

I'd like a remake of FE6, but besides that I'm up for a new continent. IS is quite good at making new worlds, and I think making a world that mixes the themes from the other games could be surprisingly good. I hope they keep laguz in any new world they make, but I doubt it will happen.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone noticed that all the second games on a continent have taken place at different times in relation to the first game? FE3 was an extension of FE1, FE5 was a midquel of FE4, FE7 was a prequel of FE6, and FE10 was a sequel to FE9. Weird, they have an extension, midquel, prequel, and sequel. And FE2...

The connected games are usually to shed more light on a project than was able to. Gaiden was the second, and was likely just an experiment. I wouldn't really count it as being part of the intention, though I believe it does take place alongside Ankoku and Monshou (FE1;3).

Seima (FE8) was largely worked on separately and by a "different" team, if memory serves, while more "experienced" worked on Souen (FE9). You can almost call Seima a filler game.