Best/Worst cases of RNG screwage

Well, dodging something with 61 displayed hit isn't all that special... but 20/0 Micaiah with ten speed is. o.o

For me, Micaiah dodging anything is considered an act of God...

You are on EM. You should easily be able to get her spd to at least 30 for 4-E-2. Give her an Earth support and it will be a dark miracle any time she actually gets hit. With a little "help" I had her dodging nearly everything on HM.

Unfortunately, neither Zihark, Nolan, Volug or Fiona are going to endgame. The only person with an earth affinity that is going, is Ike (and he's got Mia). Besides, I'll just have Sothe stand next to her so she gets the bond support bonuses, and equip her with a Nosferatu.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, dodging something with 61 displayed hit isn't all that special... but 20/0 Micaiah with ten speed is. o.o

For me, Micaiah dodging anything is considered an act of God...

You are on EM. You should easily be able to get her spd to at least 30 for 4-E-2. Give her an Earth support and it will be a dark miracle any time she actually gets hit. With a little "help" I had her dodging nearly everything on HM.

Unfortunately neither Zihark, Nolan or Fiona are going to endgame. The only person with an earth affinity that is going, is Ike (and he's got Mia). Besides, I'll just have Sothe stand next to her so she gets the bond support bonuses, and equip her with a Nosferatu.

Oscar and Volug both seek a word with you. Also, Nolan is perfectly playable for Endgame.

Oscar and Volug both seek a word with you. Also, Nolan is perfectly playable for Endgame.

Granted, but I've already chosen my Endgame team already and Ike is the only one with an Earth affinity that is going.

Granted, but I've already chosen my Endgame team already and Ike is the only one with an Earth affinity that is going.

I meant in general. I think you've finished multiple times, right? So this time you chose not to send any DB Earth Affinity members, but other times that's not necessarily the case.

Scenario: Gatrie has a Brave Lance. His hit chance is 99%. He approaches a sword user with a 35% chance of hit and 9% chance of crit. Not only does Gatrie miss twice, but the swordsmaster comes up and critical hits Gatrie dead.

Don't you ever fucking talk to me about RNG screwage. Ever.

Scenario: Gatrie has a Brave Lance. His hit chance is 99%. He approaches a sword user with a 35% chance of hit and 9% chance of crit. Not only does Gatrie miss twice, but the swordsmaster comes up and critical hits Gatrie dead.

That's just plain wrong (of the RNG). That should happen something like 4 in 10 billion times. You truly have my condolences.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

I forget whether this topic was ever intended to be fe9 only. Anyway, my Azel is level 7 with his base magic and base spd. 40% mag growth and 50% spd growth.

.66 * .56 = .000729, or 1 in ~1372.

Sure, it's not 4 in 10 billion, but it's rather annoying. Kinda hard for him to kill stuff in chapter 3 when he's like this.

I forget whether this topic was ever intended to be fe9 only. Anyway, my Azel is level 7 with his base magic and base spd. 40% mag growth and 50% spd growth.

Sure, it's not 4 in 10 billion, but it's rather annoying. Kinda hard for him to kill stuff in chapter 3 when he's like this.

Well, seeing as though this is on the FE10 board, I doubt it's intended to be FE9 only. Anyway, in contrast to my uber-defense Edward (20 at 20/4), my Leonardo (for the past 2 playthroughs) decided that he's not going to gain any strength. I think that he's gained something like 1 strength in 9-10 levels. Again, not 1 in 250 million or even 1 in 1372, but still annoying nonetheless. Of course, his speed, which is generally regarded as his weak stat, is doing just fine...

Well, seeing as though this is on the FE10 board, I doubt it's intended to be FE9 only.

I meant fe10 only, since I chose a fe4 character. Stupid Azel.

Oh well, at least Ayra and Holyn have above average strength. Both are Level 16 and she has more str than him, and he's above average. That should let people know just how blessed she is.

Well, seeing as though this is on the FE10 board, I doubt it's intended to be FE9 only.

Oh well, at least Ayra and Holyn have above average strength. Both are Level 16 and she has more str than him, and he's above average. That should let people know just how blessed she is.

I figured you meant FE10 only, but lots of other people have discussed non-FE10 games, so feel free to do so as well.

I figured you meant FE10 only, but lots of other people have discussed non-FE10 games, so feel free to do so as well.

There are other topics. For this thread, the discussion should be restricted to FE10. There is a general FE board for a reason.

There are other topics. For this thread, the discussion should be restricted to FE10. There is a general FE board for a reason.

Seeing as how you didn't make the topic, I don't think I need to hold to what you said.

Seeing as how you didn't make the topic, I don't think I need to hold to what you said.

Seeing that the creator is Lloyd and it's on the FE10 board, I think it's obvious.

Seeing that the creator is Lloyd and it's on the FE10 board, I think it's obvious.

What does Lloyd have to do with this being fe10 stuff only?

What does Lloyd have to do with this being fe10 stuff only?

So just because someone not Lloyd says it does not mean you should. You can make on in the general FE or SNES/NES one. It just seems odd to find posts related to FE4 on a RD board.

I remember one time in 3-7 when Ike only had 26 speed but I still wanted the BK conversation. Luckily I had him have an A support with Oscar (don't ask why) so with proper placement the BK only had about a 45% chance of hitting Ike, not to mention he had to hit him twice to kill him. I battle saved right before ending my turn and somehow it took me like 20+ tries just to get the BK to miss once. I remember one of the times he missed the first one but then got a crit, with like a 3% chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Best?

Micaiah Lv 1

2nd tier

HP: 34

Str: 5

Mag: 21

Skl: 18

Spd: 21

Def: 12

Res: 16

Worst?

Ch. 3-6

Said Micaiah gets killed after 3 tigers kill Eddie (equipped with Beastfoe) with three 52% attacks, then she ORKO's a full HP tiger(still gets hit), only to get killed by the FIFTH tiger with a 60%.

Best?

Micaiah Lv 1

2nd tier

HP: 34

Str: 5

Mag: 21

Skl: 18

Spd: 21

Def: 12

Res: 16

That's some seriously meh RES but some killer HP, Spd and Def. Even if you robed her she's still way above average on HP.

EDIT: Wait a second. You HAVE to have robed her right AFTER hitting 2nd tier. It's literally impossible for have 34 HP at --/1 otherwise. Strength is lacking though. :( What's her luck? She should have 25 or so at that level.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

That's some seriously meh RES but some killer HP, Spd and Def. Even if you robed her she's still way above average on HP.

EDIT: Wait a second. You HAVE to have robed her right AFTER hitting 2nd tier. It's literally impossible for have 34 HP at --/1 otherwise. Strength is lacking though. :( What's her luck? She should have 25 or so at that level.

Since it is extremely unlikely to have that much spd, I'd have to assume it isn't RNG "blessing" but BSA abuse. When abusing for spd and def, or even just spd or just def, it is possible to not get luck or res. When this happens, you tend not to care because hey, you just got spd.

There really isn't any other good explanation for how she only has 15 res at 20/0 (and 16 at 20/1). The chance of Micaiah having 15 res or less at level 20 rounds to 0.00, so less than 1% chance. Significantly less than 1%, as well, considering the chance of having 16 res or less is also less than 1%, and the chance of having 15 res or less is certainly much lower. In fact, they list 1% as 17 res or less, so I'd figure instead of 1 in 100 it's more like 1 in 1000 or something ridiculous.

Also, they list the chance of having 20 speed at level 20 as 0.00, so again less than 1%. The chance of having 19 speed or more at level 20 is listed as 0.01, so 1%. Probably around 1 in 100 to 1 in 200, so that puts 20 speed as something really bad. Not as bad as 15 res, but still really low.

Combine 1 in, say, ~400 and 1 in, say, ~800 and you get 1 in ~320000.

Now, just going with 1 in 100 for each it is still 1 in 10000, but it's obvious that this is a lot more rare than that.

So yeah, I call abuse, or abuse + stat boosters. The chance that this is a natural blessing/cursing is extremely low.

BEXP Ike when I got the first chance to: MAG, LUK, RES.

I turned the game off.

What stats were capped? If he was at max HP/Str/Skl/Spd/Def, that's what he'll get by process of elimination. That's certainly possible with transfers toward the end of tier 2.

No stats were capped. That's the point.

I'm sure it's rather unlikely but obviously still possible. Really I'd be okay with him getting luck + res when nothing is capped. I'd even appreciate it a little bit. At least as long as I've got his speed under control already. The magic I could obviously do without.