Lux's Luscious Lair of Sprites!

Lux Aeterna

Lip stick smear. XD Let's just say he recently got a gender change, so he's new to the lip-stick applying thing. XD

Whatever Jay, it's your sprite. >_<

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decide to let up for a bit, and give myself a break. This is not a full custom, as you will easily see. It's Priscilla in more melee-like attire. I made the suit without a lead to speak of, so it might have some flaws. But I did this because it's good to get used to the shaping of things, and it also gets me more practice with shading. So without further ado, here she is.

iqfzm1.png

And you see that pattern on the right shoulder pad? Yeah, that was just for fun. :awesome: I don't exactly know what's wrong, but I don't like the left shoulder pad... :mellow:

Side Note: I finally got paint.net. It's going to take some getting used to, but it will give my sprites a much better detail. ;) Yes April, you finally brainwashed me into getting it. :P How long did it take you to get used to it?

Edited by Lux Aeterna

I like the even less manly lucius who knew it was even possible but the left shoulderpad on Priscilla is too big I think it needs a little to be taken off at the front

Neck is long and the body doesn't quite match with the direction of the head.

Which is ironic, because that's still Priscilla's neck. XD Maybe she's angling her head? All right, I'll try.

I like the even less manly lucius who knew it was even possible but the left shoulderpad on Priscilla is too big I think it needs a little to be taken off at the front

It's quite possible. Now if you told me to make a more manly Lucius... Well, that would be hard, which is why I let Buster Sword do it. XD Yeah, that would make sense.

The neck appears long, but only because the shoulder width is arguably too small for the sprite. Her shoulders are about as wide as her head, which is much too small. In order to rectify "both" issues, just make her shoulders a bit wider.

Also, the reason that the left shoulderpad (our PoV) looks strange is because the shading is fairly flat. You should reference an existing sprite that has a leather shoulderpad on it (Gerik, etc.) for an idea on how to shade it.

The neckline of her shirt is a bit too sharp (too V-like) and there could probably be a wee bit more shading where it touches the neck behind it. Also, the right shoulderpad is a bit flat shaded as well. It looks like it's stuck to the front of the sprite, instead of appearing as it's curving around the shoulder.

For starting custom edits to stuff, it's not too bad though. Practice makes perfect, as they say.

I followed your advice as well I could.

kcneiw.png

If its supposed to be more "Melee-like", then why does she still have a silk shirt under those pads instead of a plate....? :huh:

If its supposed to be more "Melee-like", then why does she still have a silk shirt under those pads instead of a plate....? :huh:

She's still priscilla. Priscilla may need armor, but she would try to minimize it. She seems like the pegasus knight type, so I gave her attire similar to that. And I said "more" melee-like, not melee-like altogether. XD

She's still priscilla. Priscilla may need armor, but she would try to minimize it. She seems like the pegasus knight type, so I gave her attire similar to that. And I said "more" melee-like, not melee-like altogether. XD

fine. but pads on shoulders and the breast do jack shit for solid protection anyhows. XD

Perhaps you should try drawing over a body of Priscilla or otherwise; this would help you in terms of positioning and anatomy. At the moment her body looks all over the place and her shoulders are far too small.

• 3 weeks later...

So out of practice... ;___; I'll kick this off again with a simple splice. It's a combination of Brunya and Fiora. Here is... Briora!

34odfdi.png

EDIT: Quick little fixin'. ^^

Edited by Lux Aeterna

• 1 year later...

From the ashes, arise!

262tt6p.png

It's meh, but I'm seriously out of practice.

Anywho, I used Clarine, Lilina, and Lalum. Which is a set some might recognize--but I couldn't enter it due to the fact that I was about 5 hours late.