FE4 THREAD

Fia

Ah, it's the relationship topic again huh...

Well, as I've mentioned before, when it comes to me, it's lack of interest in wanting one. Fin.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you mean attractable

lack of attraction doesn't mean unattractive on my part, you could be the hottest person ever and still not experience attraction

Like how I'm incapable of being attracted to men who aren't already friends with me

They could look like Chris Hemsworth and I still wouldn't be attracted to them beyond "oh hey you look nice" and would not want to develop a relationship with them

I try to present myself in a less conventional attractive way (also being a bum is comfortable) so there's a less of a chance of people being attracted to me so I'm less likely to deal with unwanted suitors but that partially stems from my lack of attraction itself

(the other part includes I'm lazy, I don't particularly care, and a conscious critique of beauty culture)

There all different kinds of people.

"I don't need no woman."

"I don't need no man."

...unfortunately, I'm the kind that needs a life partner at some point to be happy.

And no one was surprised.

There all different kinds of people.

"I don't need no woman."

"I don't need no man."

...unfortunately, I'm the kind that needs a life partner at some point to be happy.

And no one was surprised.

"I need a woman and a man."

"I don't need a man but sometimes I like one and so I'm going to consensually get him"

I function with or without one, I'd prefer without but hey you can't force attraction and sometimes it happens whether I like it or not

Edited by Thor Odinson

"I don't need a man but sometimes I like one and so I'm going to consensually get him"

I function with or without one, I'd prefer without but hey you can't force attraction and sometimes it happens whether I like it or not

I kind of move in and out of it. Sometimes I find something I want and I go for it. If I don't find anything, just go along like normal.

yes

thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

I need penguins too

Edited by Espeon

I kind of move in and out of it. Sometimes I find something I want and I go for it. If I don't find anything, just go along like normal.

makes sense.

I don't ever actively go and look for ones I want they just kinda happen. Much to my dismay at times.

i'd rather become a badass advisor

called it

and here we have neal, once again gleefully missing the point

Do that, then.

Well, what else would you expect from someone who's never been in a relationship? :o

>_>

How is that wrong? Someone loves me but I'd never tell them to give up ANYTHING on my behalf. Maybe that's just how I am.

I still find it wrong to be willing to give up anything for the one you love. Maybe it's just something about me, but I'd never want to give up anything for even Ein. Nor would he want me to. Happiness is a key thing.

but you forget for psychological issues, you also have to take in part of the environmental factors. Love is really subjective though.

No, you can't really explain love though. There are biological explanations for love, but well, I guess the understanding is different. You can say there are neurotransmitters being released or whatever when one is feeling "love" but if you ask Rey/Bindi what love is and then ask me, our answers will differ. Maybe there will be some common ground.

I dunno, I'm being picky.

If you aren't willing to sacrifice, then that isn't much of a relationship. Your happiness? If you truly care, it would be your own happiness and your partner's happiness. Maybe even going so far as to put your partner's happiness before your own.

What is a mother's love? It's also along those lines. Many mothers are willing to give up their own life for their child. Surely they're not that selfish. No, they're selfless.

If you aren't willing to make sacrifices... I really don't see any relationships working out for you... I know I'm the naive one, but I know enough as to realize that you won't achieve happiness without sacrifice. Hell, it's the sacrifice that makes the happiness all the more worthwhile. You worked harder to get it. It's more satisfactory.

I'm sure Rey would agree.

The reason why the divorce rate is so high in the U.S. is usually because people put themselves before their partners, not because they're "incompatible" or "things just don't work out" between them. Oh, and Americans are filthy rich people who can afford a divorce. That, too.

As for love itself, I really don't know.

I haven't lived long enough to know.

I haven't experienced enough to know.

I'm actually using that channel to watch LoGH, lol.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

I think there needs to be some kind of balance in this sacrifice ideals. There should be compromises on some things, but if you're sacrificing everything for the other person, compromising your own integrity, that's a problem as well. Sacrifice is so romanticised and I can't blame Shirley for not wanting to do it because so many of the times it's portrayed as sacrificing so much you become an entirely different person and you sacrifice who you are. Or try to change the other person. That ain't happen either.

Like there's quality of life compromises, shifting schedules around, making an effort to make each other happy etc, that's all entirely reasonable, but if you have to compromise your own well being to make the other person happy, it's not worth it. Find someone who can appreciate you for what you are. Mother's love for child is also different than the one between potential partners, as well. Don't be calling Shirley the one naive when you yourself don't have a good grasp either.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I think there needs to be some kind of balance in this sacrifice ideals. There should be compromises on some things, but if you're sacrificing everything for the other person, compromising your own integrity, that's a problem as well. Sacrifice is so romanticised and I can't blame Shirley for not wanting to do it because so many of the times it's portrayed as sacrificing so much you become an entirely different person

Like there's quality of life compromises, shifting schedules around, making an effort to make each other happy etc, that's all entirely reasonable, but if you have to compromise your own well being to make the other person happy, it's not worth it. Find someone who can appreciate you for what you are. Mother's love for child is also different than the one between potential partners, either.

Of course you need moderation, but intent is important as well, wouldn't you say?

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Also, compromising your own well being for your partner can bring happiness in itself. Not for everybody, of course, but eh.

It is different, but I'd say the basis is similar... Mother and child, husband and wife...

It's an unhealthy romanticised ideal. If your partner cares about you they'd not want you to sacrifice your well being to be with them, either.

It's entirely different. The child doesn't get to choose the mother, but in a healthy marriage the husband and wife should have consensually chosen each other. Not all types of love are the same, but they are all important.

Edited by Thor Odinson

mszl.png

All good things must come to an end...

Article:

This update may be amended throughout the day so be sure to check back. If you have any ideas for the site, be sure to send them in
X & Y have been out for months now, and the Chatroom has been rife with discussion while the WiFi Chatroom has been a place for battles, trades and Friend Safari hunting, so be sure to visit them. Our Forums have also had these discussion and are a bustling trade and competitive section for the games. Be sure to like our FaceBook Page.
Last Update: 15:00 GMT

wfcend.png
In The Games Department

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Closure

As of this moment, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection has been taken down. Due to Gamespy closing down all of their functions, Nintendo has had to close the online features of all DS & Wii games. This affects the games Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Battle Revolution, Black, White, Black 2, White 2 and several spin-off titles. The online functions of these games will unfortunately not return. 3DS and Wii U titles, including Pokémon X & Y, Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter are unaffected by this.

Until Next Time, See Ya

Other gens will only be used for unobtainable species and transfer moves now. SSBB I can still use against family.

Edited by Barbie

...Oh, please tell me that we don't have someone with the whole "sacrifice for love" bullcrap. Sure, you need to be willing to COMPROMISE, but outright sacrifice is a little much. ...Outside of emergency situations where compromise might not be applicable.