FE4 THREAD

Fia

Indeed, the swamp's more annoying than actually difficult. Also, I'd say what the player does in YU is generally more important than what the player does in FE since you only get one attack per turn in YU and in FE, I generally find Enemy Phase to be where the bulk of the action happens.

Hmm, I never realized that before, but it's perfectly true, how the enemy gets many more opportunities to get the first strike in FE simply because there are more of them. Still though, YU enemies sometimes have multiple squads, which is annoying. Still though, aside from bows, there generally isn't any special advantage in being the one to strike first.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I never realized that before, but it's perfectly true, how the enemy gets many more opportunities to get the first strike in FE simply because there are more of them. Still though, YU enemies sometimes have multiple squads, which is annoying. Still though, aside from bows, there generally isn't any special advantage in being the one to strike first.

Well, it is notable that even without the bonus hunters and assassins get from fighting at day and night, respectively, they can perform well when the opponent can't counterattack. Also, what's up with longbows being subpar in most FE games (Radiant Dawn in particular takes this to another level)?

Edited by Golden Cucco

Well, it is notable that even without the bonus hunters and assassins get from fighting at day and night, respectively, they can perform well when the opponent can't counterattack. Also, what's up with longbows being subpar in most FE games (Radiant Dawn in particular takes this to another level)?

Indeed. After all, the extra damage they get from the Charge really helps. On the other hand, the extra damage they get from a Charge when on the defense makes the ENEMY PHASE much tougher for them.

Well, I guess they felt that the extra range in Longbows was too good, so they made it way too heavy. Actually, if it were stronger and lighter, it would probably be glorified to be as amazing as Brave weapons.

Indeed. After all, the extra damage they get from the Charge really helps. On the other hand, the extra damage they get from a Charge when on the defense makes the ENEMY PHASE much tougher for them.

Well, I guess they felt that the extra range in Longbows was too good, so they made it way too heavy. Actually, if it were stronger and lighter, it would probably be glorified to be as amazing as Brave weapons.

Yeah, not being able to counter sucks.

Well, the problem in most FEs is that they're just too weak. Path of Radiance limited it to archers and snipers, which doesn't help considering that both of the archers you get suck pretty badly, and Radiant Dawn makes it even worse by adding an accuracy penalty for attacking at 3 range (and consider that longbows have crappy accuracy to begin with)... It doesn't help that they're essentially obsolete once you promote a sniper.

Yeah, not being able to counter sucks.

Well, the problem in most FEs is that they're just too weak. Path of Radiance limited it to archers and snipers, which doesn't help considering that both of the archers you get suck pretty badly, and Radiant Dawn makes it even worse by adding an accuracy penalty for attacking at 3 range (and consider that longbows have crappy accuracy to begin with)... It doesn't help that they're essentially obsolete once you promote a sniper.

Indeed

tbh I don't use Longbows much, myself. Wait, Bow Knights can't use Longbows in Path of Radiance? And yeah, Longbows are worthless when you have a Marksmen. I heard that they don't get the accuracy cut like other bows do, but I doubt they'd be useful regardless.

tbh I don't use Longbows much, myself. Wait, Bow Knights can't use Longbows in Path of Radiance? And yeah, Longbows are worthless when you have a Marksmen. I heard that they don't get the accuracy cut like other bows do, but I doubt they'd be useful regardless.

Me neither. Yeah, bow knights can't use longbows or the Double Bow in PoR - not that it matters since the aforementioned bows suck pretty badly. As for longbows in RD, it's true that a marksman pretty much obsoletes them. Also, attacking from 3 range in RD gets a -30 accuracy penalty.

I meant did you sleep alright or were you interrupted by a loud sibling running through being obnoxious or whatever.

But yeah, you get the Mario face.

SternMario.png

Edited by Zak defender of...

I like Sask's avatar.

I guess it's true.

Being almost nude is far more erotic than being nude.

Why am I filled with so much sadness...?