• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

What're you guys talking about?

I'll just leave this here.

bye

Lances, bows and staves... the combination is... interesting!

Lachesis was here, DLCEirika is a loser

Edited by TheEnd

Waaahhhhh found a songy I've heard before but never played the game so idk what it iiiisssssss

Also I am definitely not a 90s gamer but I wanted to try it anyway =3

Idk if I can call myself a gamer of any times. Because I don't buy every game out there XD

I did that thing and the only ones I got without hints are sonic, zelda, streets of rage, streets of rage 2, and two mario games and I haven't really played any mario games XD Or well I have but not much cause apparently I just suck at them. I just know the songs...

Idk if I can call myself a gamer of any times. Because I don't buy every game out there XD

I did that thing and the only ones I got without hints are sonic, zelda, streets of rage, streets of rage 2, and two mario games and I haven't really played any mario games XD Or well I have but not much cause apparently I just suck at them. I just know the songs...

Good Freohr.

>Should the name "Miledy" be kept or retranslated to something else?

>Melody

Oh boy

90's GAMERS THREAD

Only. 8D

FE4 is from the 90s too

Though I'm fairly sure most here played it in the 00s

Good Freohr.

I only got streets of rage because it was the same song they had in sor2 x3

Sonic 1-3&K, Sonic CD, probably other sonic games that I'm forgetting, and Streets of Rage 2 are basically my childhood.

I only got streets of rage because it was the same song they had in sor2 x3

Sonic 1-3&K, Sonic CD, probably other sonic games that I'm forgetting, and Streets of Rage 2 are basically my childhood.

Very good Freohr.

/pat

The only things I had from the 90s was a SNES which was my first console and a Sega Mega Drive (for Sonic games only though...and not that I managed to go far with them either)...but like apparently I don't qualify for 90's gamer...

As for Fire Emblem 3/4 of the people consisting this forum didn't even know of that game before SSBM...

Edited by Razor Ramon

[spoiler=SMT logs]

So there we were, adrift without any real ideas of where to go when suddenly something that had been nearly forgot worked its way back to the surface of memory, and at nearly the same time Chalis and I turned to each other and said, "That man in the lower levels of Ginza!" Yes, the old greybeard who'd advised us that we were on the right path, though it was less trodden and more difficult than others, and that if we'd lost our way he would have advice for us. Spirits brightened, we headed off to meet him immediately.

smtginzaman1.png

smtginzaman2.png

smtginzaman3.png

smtginzaman4.png

He opens with yet more affirmation that by refusing to side with either Chaos or Law that we are making the right choice. Those options would not lead mankind to true happiness. He doesn't outright tell us the answer, but simply expresses his belief that Chalis and I are the only ones who can make the right choice, who can prevent the tragedy of mankind being relegated to pawn status to either of the higher powers. He then points us in the direction of an underground tunnel straight to the contentious Cathedral itself.

smtginzaman5.png

smtginzaman6.png

smtginzaman7.png

smtginzaman8.png

Stepping forward into the Cathedral from the secret passage, we advance to discover Nightmar and Ether in a face off, having a heated arguement with each other. Each makes pleas with us to listen to their case, to try to persuade us to then in turn convince the other.

smtincathedral1.png

smtincathedral2.png

smtincathedral3.png

Stepping forward to hear Ether's case first, he admits to being frustrated, and a little freaked out about how blithely Nightmar just accepts the orders handed down from God. "It's almost as if he's stopped thinking for himself," comes the claim, which while perhaps harsh when applied to Nightmar is certainly something I'd found myself thinking about some of the other Messianics.

smtincathedral4.png

smtincathedral5.png

smtincathedral6.png

He relays the situation about how the Gaian church and the forces of Chaos successfully pulled off their infiltration effort, and levied their assault against the Cathedral just in the nick of time, while also making a few unfounded boasts about how things will be like once they've eliminated the opposition.

smtincathedral7.png

smtincathedral8.png

smtincathedral9.png

smtincathedral10.png

smtincathedral11.png

Following that, Ether has a proposition for me. He first asks whether I'm familiar with the Four Devas, and I shake my head, indicating my confusion. As he proceeds to explain however, I realize he must be talking about the four great Oni, or Kishin, that have been alluded to by the various rumors in Shibuya, Shinegawa, Ikeburo, and Ueno. As he lists them off by name, that also refreshes my memory and I start to nod in agreement. Ether seems to think these beings will be willing to help out, but also that they'd be a good test of power. That marks the end of his argument and then I turn to listen to the other side.

smtincathedral13.png

smtincathedral12.png

smtincathedral14.png

smtincathedral15.png

Nightmar feels like Ether has lost sense of his morality, and has sold his soul to the demons. In truth this is an opinion I've heard him express ever since the human-demon fusion Ether foolhardily rushed into, and I won't deny having a few doubts about the man's stability myself.

smtincathedral16.png

smtincathedral17.png

Still, there is a sanctimonious "holier than thou" attitude that he's giving off which makes his explanation and his case much less palatable.

smtincathedral18.png

smtincathedral19.png

smtincathedral20.png

smtincathedral21.png

Nightmar too has a proposition involving the Four Devas, only this time he wants to see them dead, as somehow they're holding God back from being able to implement his grand design.

smtincathedral22.png

smtincathedral23.png

smtincathedral24.png

Not exactly excited about rushing out to tackle the Devas immediately, before even deciding which approach we'll take towards them, Chalis and I explore the first levels of the Cathedral (F1 and B1). It's very large, and somewhat segmented in a not entirely mazelike fashion. After some hours of travelling around in near circles we find relatively close to where Nightmar and Ether are having their arguement a pair of towns set up. The Law Town was the first one that we had come across, and they welcomed us inside, promising that it would be a welcome respite, free from monster attacks. One of the Messians also proclaims how excited he is to meet God's Archangels who have descended from heaven to take up stations at various points in the Cathedral, defending against the demonic assault.

smtlawtown1.png

smtlawtown2.png

smtlawtown5.png

Also in Law town was a most curious thing. There was a temple set up and ready to sacrifice an octopus in the name of god. The octopus pleaded with me to save its life, and in compassion we undertook to do so. The Messian tried to convince me otherwise, but I was resolute in my determination, and he relented. The demon, now freed, remarked that though we looked extremely tasty, since we saved its life it wouldn't eat us, but would instead let us go. It even gave us an Octopus Whistle, to use to call it if we ever should need its help.

smtlawtown6.png

smtlawtown7.png

smtlawtown9.png

smtlawtown16.png

smtlawtown18.png

The Chaos town was on the same level, but on the opposite side, and was less structured and much more ad-hoc. It didn't have quite the levels of protection set up either, as wandering around the vendors one would occasionally be beset by a random encounter with a demon.

smtchaostown1.png

smtchaostown2.png

There were two tibits of information in the town that were very much worth learning. The first was that the Chaos faction had completely taken over all of the basement levels of the Cathedral, and that that had similarly epic levels of demons brought along in their ranks, presumably to rival the Archangel's on God's side. There was a rumor that Lucifer himself may even show up to lend a hand, but that was less well substantiated.

smtchaostown3.png

smtchaostown4.png

smtchaostown9.png

smtchaostown10.png

smtchaostown11.png

The final thing of note was a very curious shop. It claimed to have had a turtle for sale, but since nobody had been interested in buying it, the shopkeeper had cooked it and eaten it. This was truly baffling to me, and I cannot imagine what was going through his mind. Presumably if we hadn't wasted all that time arguing with the priest to free the octopus, I could have saved the turtle's life instead, but what's done is done.

smtchaostown16.png

smtchaostown17.png

smtchaostown18.png