• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's just you xb So you do still want to be shipped...

Inb4 no one paid the fees and I'm treated as a stowaway

But don't worry, I am a faithful girl. Faithful to my ご主人.

Really scared now.

Ah, ojou-sama. Good evening. I failed to serve you tea last night. I believe I must disembowel myself to restore my honour.

CommitSudoku2.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

I know the feeling... with Farland Symphony

It's been happening way too often lately. The auto save has been useful though...until now. ;__; Loaded it, was sent two boss battles behind ;___;

[spoiler=If TheEnd was still alive...]

Segafans.png

...I would have made fun of him.

The first time I realized I was dreaming was when there was a dinosaur in it and at first I was afraid then I thought "wait but you're extinct! I'm only dreaming" then I woke myself up x3

Dreams can be quite something, isn't it? Then again, we're not like say, Rey, with his experience in the Lucid Dreaming department. XD

Ah, ojou-sama. Good evening. I failed to serve you tea last night. I believe I must disembowel myself to restore my honour.

Nooooooooooooo! it's okay it's because I failed to stay long enough for you to serve tea for me! If you were to disembowel yourself, who would be my trusty butler?! So it's okay! Keep your bowels! And I shall sip the tea you serve!

Really scared now.

Why are you so scaaaaaaared whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's been happening way too often lately. The auto save has been useful though...until now. ;__; Loaded it, was sent two boss battles behind ;___;

[spoiler=If TheEnd was still alive...]

Segafans.png

...I would have made fun of him.

;__;

Do it to him on MAL

If I develop the new ability I don't want to develop, maybe we can share dreams overse---

OKAY SCRATCH THAT THOUGHT.

NO.

GET OUT.

NO YOU. WHY ARE YOU GETTING THESE IDEAS. Do you want to dream about shopping? And trying on clothes in a store?!

Don't worry I'm sure your dream-sharing was a fluke..............

NO YOU. WHY ARE YOU GETTING THESE IDEAS. Do you want to dream about shopping? And trying on clothes in a store?!

Uhhh... That's why I said my vanilla dreams are boring as crap to other people, I'm sure.

It was fun seeing her try on different clothes and pick out another one that she wanted for Christmas.

Nightmare should beat you up for this.

Loyal butler protecting his ojou-sama from an unworthy piece of trash guy. So animu.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Nooooooooooooo! it's okay it's because I failed to stay long enough for you to serve tea for me! If you were to disembowel yourself, who would be my trusty butler?! So it's okay! Keep your bowels! And I shall sip the tea you serve!

Ah, very well then.

*Serves tea in the past*

Well I must go now so byebye *sips tea that Nightmare will serve a few minutes in the future*

Goodbye, ojou-sama.

If I develop the new ability I don't want to develop, maybe we can share dreams overse---

OKAY SCRATCH THAT THOUGHT.

NO.

GET OUT.

Nightmare should beat you up for this.

I was thinking the same.

Loyal butler protecting his ojou-sama from an unworthy piece of trash guy. So animu.

It's because FE4 THREAD is an animu.

*Gives Rey a boot to the head*

Oh Balcerzak you're playing the first orcs must die right? I hate kobolds the most kobolds the most, archers are sill pretty good for anti air even if you're going traps.

I like decoy, spring trap, and steam trap. Decoy keeps enemies in your killzone longer, spring is good with upgrade flinging ogres and stuff helps on some maps though expensive, steam trap goes well with your ceiling mace. Just my opinion on stuff.

Yeah, just finished working through it. I hate hate hate the sappers, because I love my barricades. It took me forever to learn that I could set up a grinder and some barricades to handle regular runners, so they were my achilles heel for most of the game.

My bread and butter design was swinging mace over a row of 3 tar traps, another 3 tar traps past that, and then some of the floor burners pointed at the mace. That was usually good enough to take out most things, and then I liked to add in some wall arrows with bleed damage, and then supplement with archers or other fun stuff. I also developed a liking for putting a decoy under a swinging mace too, but that's not as long-term useful and was more a stopgap measure until full defense could be built up.

Maps without low ceilings for my maces were really hard for me.

My setup was similar. First wave I spent the money on barricades to funnel all ground enemies to the hallway left of the rift and barricade that area so that everything would run to a Swinging Mace. Grinders pretty much made sure Kobold runners didn't make it through and with that, Ice Ogre was the only thing that could go through the swinging mace alive (crossbow stun would fix that). My anti-air trap was a shitload of Autoballistae cause archers were simply not strong enough to be rid of those buggers. The real issue is surviving that first wave of fliers because you don't have much by that time since you're focusing on neutralizing the ground and a shot of Ice breath and fire breaths at the same time may kill you faster than the rift can heal you.

Yeah, sounds about the same. I don't think I actually used my mushrooms more than just that Wave 1 Frost Ogre in my successful run (but every time I tried to deal with him any other way I either got owned and died, or the orcs after him completely swarmed past me). So first wave I just lay down my Barricades (just to the right at the enemy spawn and then the middle passage to the rift on the LHS, sounds just like your 'cade setup).

Wave 2 saw me get Steel Weaver L1, Swinging Mace and 2 tar traps under it, which is good enough to get 25s on an entire orc wave, even with shields as long as I have 100% crossbow attention.

Wave 3 I sold my Mace and Tar and put up 5 bug zappers. After taking out those gnoll hunters it was solely air, so I could focus on alternating between Ice Amulet and Fire Bracer to take down the two types. Definitely want to concentrate on the Hellbats because they do more damage, and if they can hit you twice while you're frozen you're essentially toast, because cannot dodge.

Wave 4 was probably the toughest, because after setting up the Barricade+Grinder for the kobolds, I addeded some tar and a lengthwise Mace instead of crosswise. Then I added some barricades as I got the case to turn the Orcs back sort of along the way the could, until I could add another Mace. Splitting time between the ground troops and the fliers was incredibly tricky.

Wave 5 I think was when I needed to dash to the start to Flame Bracer that Ice Ogre, fall back to continue beefing up my setup, adding more tar and 'cades until the full length of the second mace was covered.

Wave 6 was where I had time to put up three more zappers, if I remember right, completely covering the available ceiling in front of the rift (because there appears to be one glitched tile or something I couldn't place on). This, after 20% faster upgrade is enough to completely forget about fliers forever, and usually will handle even without the upgrade.

After that it was consilidating with Zappers and Wall Arrows down the funnel tunnel, and managing ogres. Using the mushrooms on them was actually inadvisable, because when they started attacking the enemies nearby in the killbox, they would smash up my barricades. I couldn't use decoys here for the same reason. It was frustrating for awhile.

Glad you liked the game enough to 100% it like I did. Here's a few things to know before you play the second:

1. Weavers are gone. Their effects are pretty much granted through trinkets and upgrades (like choosing either fire arrows for archer an then stun for Paladins OR health regeneration on one or both... Guardian trinket gives health regeneration but it takes up a slot so yeah).

2. Your character choice is now 2. War Mage gets Tar, Arrow Wall, Blunderbuss (think of it as a Shotgun with a grenade as a secondary), Healing Well (Mana Well but for HP). Sorceress gets Ice trap (replaces Tar, good for non-frost fliers when you can place it on ceiling), Acid Wall (replaces Arrow Wall, don't know much about this one), Mana Well, Scepter of Domination (secondary charms enemies to fight for you), less HP but more Mana

3. Co-op limits you to 6 slots but in single player you can go up to 10 just like in the first game.

4. Trinkets, Weapons, Traps can be purchased in the spellbook and upgraded as you want (respec as much as you want, all the skulls are kept). Primary upgrades are usually level ups on damage, reset time, cost and whatnot. Secondary upgrades are adding special effects like more slowdown for Tar or persistent slowdown (enemies still slow for a little after they leave the tar) and Special upgrades like mounting certain traps in different places (ie Scorcher and Zapper on the walls, Ice trap on the ceiling). Anything with what looks like a shield instead of a skull currency to buy means that you unlock it by playing the story.

5. Beating the game gives War Mage double jump and Sorceress glide. These are useful for moving around in multitasking maps such as Crunch (fuck Crunch).

6. There's a "weekly challenge" map once a week. It's pretty much fan-submitted puzzles with fixed character and loadout so your progress in the game doesn't mean anything and you can try these when you want. One bastard thought it'd be funny to have the Sorceress run around with just a bladestaff for a weapon and take on a level with multiple ogres while having just barricades and guardians... I didn't bother doing that one.

7. New enemies. You'll see as you play, specially the DC exclusive ones.

Dual characters surprises the hell out of me. At first blush Warmage seems a lot slower this time around, because Blunderbuss cooldown is ridiculously long compared to crossbow spam. I'll keep you updated with thoughts as I proceed.

>beat YsO's final boss

>game crashes

Oh shit man. That sucks.

I know the feeling... with Farland Symphony

I seem to remember you mentioning this before, but it still kind of weirds me out knowing that you played a game I was on the translation team for.

Edited by Balcerzak

Like Yorick, she almost always wins her lane

in exchange for having pretty bad teamfight presence as the game goes on

I mean she can almost always snipe one person out of the fight, but...

still op huehuehuehue

Hmmm, how so?

Night: "Man I don't like ___ he/she's getting on my nerves"

Freohr: Yeah I agree actually...

Night: Kill him/her

Freohr: But.....! ;A;

That's a completely made up conversation though~

Edited by Freohr Datia

Night: "Man I don't like ___ he/she's getting on my nerves"

Freohr: Yeah I agree actually...

Night: Kill him/her

Freohr: But.....! ;A;