FE4 THREAD

Fia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi5SfKpyhQo

What the hell am I doing?

Reminding me that FE13 comes out during my externship...why does it have to be during my externship?

...oh well, at least I won't blaze through the game quite so fast.

Awesome trailer though.

Edited by Ace Tactician

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

This is certainly a possibility.

I am doing quite well. I had a final today which I did quite well on. What of yourself, ojou-sama?

I know right!

Ooh, that's my butler-san! Glad to hear! I am okay, still got a lot of work to do though. I can't wait til my exams are over...

I know right!

Ooh, that's my butler-san! Glad to hear! I am okay, still got a lot of work to do though. I can't wait til my exams are over...

You are very knowledgeable on time travel, ojou-sama.

I am glad the ojou-sama feels joyous from my success. You must do good work and do not forget to have enough rest. When are your exams going to be over?

You are very knowledgeable on time travel, ojou-sama.

I am glad the ojou-sama feels joyous from my success. You must do good work and do not forget to have enough rest. When are your exams going to be over?

O-oh no *blush* not very much. I've just been watching and reading fiction with time travel in them! They're so exciting!

They will be over on 25th... although right after that, my new semester starts. University is so mean! No time to take a hearty break!

And godnite! Time for me to go.

Edited by TheLastWaifu

Yeah, just finished working through it. I hate hate hate the sappers, because I love my barricades. It took me forever to learn that I could set up a grinder and some barricades to handle regular runners, so they were my achilles heel for most of the game.

My bread and butter design was swinging mace over a row of 3 tar traps, another 3 tar traps past that, and then some of the floor burners pointed at the mace. That was usually good enough to take out most things, and then I liked to add in some wall arrows with bleed damage, and then supplement with archers or other fun stuff. I also developed a liking for putting a decoy under a swinging mace too, but that's not as long-term useful and was more a stopgap measure until full defense could be built up.

Maps without low ceilings for my maces were really hard for me.

Mace is your favorite trap in the first game too eh, oh boy.

Yeah, sounds about the same. I don't think I actually used my mushrooms more than just that Wave 1 Frost Ogre in my successful run (but every time I tried to deal with him any other way I either got owned and died, or the orcs after him completely swarmed past me). So first wave I just lay down my Barricades (just to the right at the enemy spawn and then the middle passage to the rift on the LHS, sounds just like your 'cade setup).

Wave 2 saw me get Steel Weaver L1, Swinging Mace and 2 tar traps under it, which is good enough to get 25s on an entire orc wave, even with shields as long as I have 100% crossbow attention.

Wave 3 I sold my Mace and Tar and put up 5 bug zappers. After taking out those gnoll hunters it was solely air, so I could focus on alternating between Ice Amulet and Fire Bracer to take down the two types. Definitely want to concentrate on the Hellbats because they do more damage, and if they can hit you twice while you're frozen you're essentially toast, because cannot dodge.

Wave 4 was probably the toughest, because after setting up the Barricade+Grinder for the kobolds, I addeded some tar and a lengthwise Mace instead of crosswise. Then I added some barricades as I got the case to turn the Orcs back sort of along the way the could, until I could add another Mace. Splitting time between the ground troops and the fliers was incredibly tricky.

Wave 5 I think was when I needed to dash to the start to Flame Bracer that Ice Ogre, fall back to continue beefing up my setup, adding more tar and 'cades until the full length of the second mace was covered.

Wave 6 was where I had time to put up three more zappers, if I remember right, completely covering the available ceiling in front of the rift (because there appears to be one glitched tile or something I couldn't place on). This, after 20% faster upgrade is enough to completely forget about fliers forever, and usually will handle even without the upgrade.

After that it was consilidating with Zappers and Wall Arrows down the funnel tunnel, and managing ogres. Using the mushrooms on them was actually inadvisable, because when they started attacking the enemies nearby in the killbox, they would smash up my barricades. I couldn't use decoys here for the same reason. It was frustrating for awhile.

Wave 1's first swarm and Wave 3 was the struggle for me because I always forgot to sell stuff to setup more autoballista for the first wave of fliers so that became a "kill as many hellbats as you can or face quick death (fliers don't go into the rift if you're standing on it). Ditto on the enemies attacking your barricade comment (one of the upgrades in the second game is self-repair after it's stopped taking damage a good while, that's the one I'd recommend).

Dual characters surprises the hell out of me. At first blush Warmage seems a lot slower this time around, because Blunderbuss cooldown is ridiculously long compared to crossbow spam. I'll keep you updated with thoughts as I proceed.

Aye, I did not like the Blunderbuss at all and dislike Weekly challenges that force it on me.

Buy stuff, respec, see what you like best. Headshot hitboxes are weird in this game but even then, I love me some Crossbow with mana regain upgrade coupled with chilling Lightning Storm. Missile launcher with stun makes shit EASY but I no longer use it unless it's for the DLC maps. Stone staff would be amazing if it had good rapid fire.

Edited by Sirius

O-oh no *blush* not very much. I've just been watching and reading fiction with time travel in them! They're so exciting!

They will be over on 25th... although right after that, my new semester starts. University is so mean! No time to take a hearty break!

And godnite! Time for me to go.

They are quite exciting, although I have seen/read/played little of them (and the best one I have has been...Chrono Trigger). Perhaps the ojou-sama will invent a time machine in the future...

That is indeed cruel, ojou-sama. I wish you the best of luck.

Goodnight, ojou-sama.

W-what! Now I'm weirded out! Although... I'm afraid I played Farland Symphony in chinese. It was before the english patch was out. HMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm maybe I should replay Farland Symphony some day. :): I hope the game isn't too buggy. And it was so long ago I totally forgot most of the game.

Oh, the game is buggy, don't worry about that. It's not just your imagination. I don't think there were too many fatal errors left, but the one you mentioned at or around the final boss does sound familiar. There was also glitches in equipping things where they didn't belong.

And to be fair, I kind of don't even know how I got roped into that. If it went anything like how the Men At Work! 2 translation effort went, mirror moon had been working on it for some reason or another, the original translator quit/gave up, they roped TakaJun into doing it, Taka (or maybe ArchDemon) asked me to betatest/quality control, because I did that pretty well for them in the past, and the rest was history.

Also, I figured you probably played the Chinese patch.

Edited by Balcerzak