• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Meggido is still as cool-looking as ever. Now to see if I can take out the final boss this time. I've leveled up at least like 10 levels already with whom I still think are the same 4 Tua Warriors who keep reviving each other.

Speaking of which, Awakening having a sword named Sol might encourage a Golden Sun joke

Or I could just summon-rush.... well, that still wasn't as easy as I thought.

Summon rushing was one of those strategies that I'd only resort to against Dullahan (and Valukar in The Lost Age, since he deactivates your Djinn for you), since I generally find it unneeded otherwise.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Speaking of which, Awakening having a sword named Sol might encourage a Golden Sun joke

Summon rushing was one of those strategies that I'd only resort to against Dullahan (and Valukar in The Lost Age, since he deactivates your Djinn for you), since I generally find it unneeded otherwise.

Heh, Sol Blade indeed. lol

Well, it still did the job. Still had to resort on the reserve party, but at least it went quicker and actually defeated him. Soon I'll tackle some of the optional stuff... oh boy...

僕は落ち込みやすい奴だな。

オリヴィエが好きということ・・・僕だけじゃないって分かる。

分かるけど・・・

つらいです。

I don't even know why I started thinking about it while we were out at a restaurant eating tonight.

Whatever. Hopefully I'll get over it. Good night.

I'm doing a No-Psynergy run atm, and summons are absolutely essential for victory. Also, I realized that the absence of Wish makes the game much harder.

I'm doing a No-Psynergy run atm, and summons are absolutely essential for victory. Also, I realized that the absence of Wish makes the game much harder.

Which game? Lost Age?

Which game? Lost Age?

Starting with Book 1. Just beat Deadbeard. He is HARD without Wish and being only at Lv 22.

Lost Age, Dullahan should pose no problem. Doom Dragon might be an issue because the three-phase battle kinda requires Wish.

Heh, good thing Dullahan's moveset and behavior is fixed. Can you imagine if it wasn't? Or worse, for him to be able to use Djinn Storm followed by two Charon's? That's be a very sadist move by the programmers... lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Starting with Book 1. Just beat Deadbeard. He is HARD without Wish and being only at Lv 22.

Lost Age, Dullahan should pose no problem. Doom Dragon might be an issue because the three-phase battle kinda requires Wish.

Can't you use Mist Potions or you'll ban those.

Mist Potions are only available in The Lost Age, and even then, they're not buyable until the end of the game (Well, IIRC).

Edited by Levant Fortner

Heh, good thing Dullahan's moveset and behavior is fixed. Can you imagine if it wasn't? Or worse, for him to be able to use Djinn Storm followed by two Charon's? That's be a very sadist move by the programmers... lol

I never noticed nor cared that his moveset was fixed. All I knew was that summon rushing does wonders against him.

Book 1 doesn't have any, and Book 2 doesn't let you buy Mist Potions until Prox so its supply would be limited until then.

Edited by Lævateinn

Beating Dullahan without summons gives me a much greater sense of accomplishment, though. Not that summon rushing isn't a fun alternative, though. I've done both.

Also, I thought Dio was talking about Mist potions for the final boss in TLA, so your concern over the lack of availability is irrelevant.

Beating Dullahan without summons gives me a much greater sense of accomplishment, though. Not that summon rushing isn't a fun alternative, though. I've done both.

My greatest achievement so far was beating Hard Mode Dullahan using only my front party (Felix, Jenna, Sheba, Piers). With only 36 Djinn available for summons and other stuff, I very much doubt anything in my No-Psynergy run could give me a harder time than that.

Also, I thought Dio was talking about Mist potions for the final boss in TLA, so your concern over the lack of availability is irrelevant.

Oh, right, I guess the final boss shouldn't be too much of a problem then. None of the other bosses seem threatening enough so it should be fine.

lol The white cat was still there, all week long it was near. Even now it still shows up and tries to enter the house. This is so funny...

So... were you going to continue your run on hard mode in TLA or no?

Seeing how Book 1 was pretty easy, I think I'll go for Hard mode in TLA. How early can I get my first ring that heals? Because I don't think I can afford to sleep at the inn every night...

Seeing how Book 1 was pretty easy, I think I'll go for Hard mode in TLA. How early can I get my first ring that heals? Because I don't think I can afford to sleep at the inn every night...

I believe it's the Spirit Ring, by forging a Tear Stone on Yallam. So that's until quite a while into the game. However, there might be equipment of another type that can heal that could come earlier.

Uhhh, I doubt you can get them without transferring data from the first game? Because the only source of healing rings in Book 2 is an enemy drop.

Ahh, damn and blast. Forgot the Spirit Ring. Well, you get a Tear Stone on the way to Kibombo...

Edited by Levant Fortner

With so many hours on plane yesterday yet I fell asleep at around 12am, hopefully something good will happen today...

Edited by James Bond